- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Pseudo-dynamic test of the steel frame - Shear wall with prefabricated floor structure
- Han, Chun (College of Civil Engineering, Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology) ;
- Li, Qingning (College of Civil Engineering, Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology) ;
- Jiang, Weishan (College of Civil Engineering, Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology) ;
- Yin, Junhong (College of Civil Engineering, Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology) ;
- Yan, Lei (College of Civil Engineering, Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology)
- Received : 2015.03.25
- Accepted : 2015.10.19
- Published : 2016.02.10
Seismic behavior of new composite structural system with a fabricated floor was studied. A two-bay and three-story structural model with the scale ratio of 1/4 was consequently designed. Based on the proposed model, multiple factors including energy dissipation capacity, stiffness degradation and deformation performance were analyzed through equivalent single degree of freedom pseudo-dynamic test with different earthquake levels. The results show that, structural integrity as well as the effective transmission of the horizontal force can be ensured by additional X bracing at the bottom of the rigidity of the floor without concrete topping. It is proved that the cast-in-place floor in areas with high seismic intensity can be replaced by the prefabricated floor without pouring surface layer. The results provide a reliable theoretical basis for the seismic design of the similar structural systems in engineering application.
- Chen, C.H., Hsiao, P.C., Lai, J.W., Lin, M.L., Weng, Y.T. and Tsai, K.C. (2004), "Pseudo-dynamic test of a full-scale CFT/BRB frame: Part 2.Construction and testing", Proceedings of 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vancouver, BC, Canada, August, Paper No. 2175.
- Chen, Z.X., Xu, G.S., Wu, B., Sun, Y.T., Wang, H.D. and Wang, F.L. (2014), "Equivalent force control method for substructure pseudo-dynamic test of a full-scale masonry structure", Earthq. Eng. Struct., 43(7), 969-983. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.2382
- Fan, L., Zhao, B. and Lu, X.L. (2006), "Discussion on some problems in pseudodynam ic tests", Struct. Engrs., 22(5), 50-53.
- Fan, Y.L., Guo, Y.R., Xiao, Y., Li, F.W. and Shan, B. (2007), "Development in remote collaborative pseudo-dynamic testing platform for single story structures", J. Earthq. Eng. Eng. Vib., 27(3), 77-82.
- Fleischman, R., Restrepo, J., Naito, C., Sause, R., Zhang, D. and Schoettler, M. (2012), "Integrated analytical and experimental research to develop a new seismic design methodology for precast concrete diaphragms", J. Struct. Eng., 139(7), 1192-1204.
- GB50011 (2010), Code for Seismic Design of Buildings, China Architecture&Building Press, Beijing, China.
- JGJ101-96 (1997), Specificating of Testing Methods for Earthquake Resistant Building, China Architecture & Building Press, Beijing, China.
- Li, Q.N., Chen, M.G. and Jiang, W.S. (2014), "Shaking table test study on a new assembled monolithic floor-steelplate and frame shear wall structure", Sichuan Build. Sci., 40(2), 158-163.
- Liang, X.W. (2011), The Design Theory and Method of Structural Seismic Performance, Science Press, Beijing, China.
- Lu, T.J., Qin, S.J., Luo, Y.S. and Yu, Z.W. (2009), "Pseudo-dynamic experimental study on high rise steelconcrete hybrid structure", J. Build. Struct., 30(3), 27-35.
- Medhekar, M. and Kennedy, D. (2000), "Displacement-based seismic design of buildings.theory", Eng. Struct., 22(3), 201-209. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(98)00092-3
- Nakashima, M., Kato, H., Takaoka, E., Nakashima, M., Kato, H. and Takaoka, E. (1992), "Development of real.time pseudo dynamic testing", Earthq. Eng. Struct., 21(1), 79-92. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290210106
- Nakashima, M., Akazawa, T. and Igarashi, H. (1995), "Pseudo-dynamic testing using conventional testing devices", Earthq. Eng. Struct., 24(10), 1409-1422. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290241009
- Newcombe, M.P., van Beerschoten, W.A., Carradine, D., Pampanin, S. and Buchanan, A.H. (2010), "Inplane experimental testing of timber-concrete composite floor diaphragms", J. Struct. Eng., 136(11), 1461-1468. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0000239
- Paquette, J. and Bruneau, M. (2003), "Pseudo-dynamic testing of unreinforced masony building with flexible diaphragm", J. Struct. Eng., 129(6), 708-716. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2003)129:6(708)
- Paquette, J. and Bruneau, M. (2006), "Pseudo-dynamic testing of unreinforced masonry building with flexible diaphragm and comparison with existing procedures", Construct. Build. Mater., 20(4), 220-228. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2005.08.025
- Priestley, M., Calvi, G. and Kowalsky, M. (2007), "Direct displacement-based seismic design of structures", 2007 NZSEE Conference.
- Ren, R. and Naito, C. (2012), "Precast concrete diaphragm connector performance database", J. Struct. Eng., 139(1), 15-27.
- Shi, Q.X., Wang, S.L., Su, S.Q., Wang, Q.W. and Zhu, J.Q. (2011), "Pseudo-dynamic test of a reinforced concrete frame-shear wall model structure", China Civil Eng. J., 44(7), 1-9.
- Sun, G.X., Ma, X.R., Zhang, W.Q. and Sun, L. (2010), "Constructing assembled type residence pushes forward industrialization of residential construction", Hous. Sci., 12, 34-37.
- Wu, B., Xu, G., Li, Y., Shing, P.B. and Ou, J. (2012), "Performance and application of equivalent force control method for real-time substructure testing", J. Eng. Mech. - ASCE, 138(11), 1303-1316. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)EM.1943-7889.0000445
- Xue, J.Y., Gao, L., Liu, Z.Q., Zhao, H.T. and Chen, Z.P. (2014), "Experimental study on mechanical performances of lattice steel reinforced concrete inner frame with irregular section columns", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 16(3), 253-267. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2014.16.3.253
- Zhang, D., Fleischman, R., Naito, C. and Ren, R. (2010), "Experimental evaluation of pretopped precast diaphragm critical flexure joint under seismic demands", J. Struct. Eng., 137(10), 1063-1074.
- Zheng, X.C., Li, Q.N., Pan, S.B. and Jiang, W.S. (2013), "The shaking table test on a prefabricated integral frame-shear wall structure with a new prefabricated floor", J. Earthq. Eng. Eng. Vib., 33(3), 141-142.