- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effect of LED Irradiation on Proliferation of Human Epidermal Keratinocyte for Convergence
LED조사가 인간 피부 각질세포의 증식에 미치는 융복합적인 영향
- Park, Jeong-Sook (Dept. of Nursing, Nambu University) ;
- Kim, Mi Hye (Dept. of cosmetology, Joongbu University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Hyeok (Dept. of Oriental Pharmaceutical Development, Nambu University)
- Received : 2016.09.29
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
The purpose of this study is to determine the effect of the light-emitting-diode (LED) to investigate proliferation of human epidermal keratinocyte and collagen, procollagen expression. In order to determine whether LED irradiation can safely be applied to human skin, the proliferative effects of LED irradiation were determined by MTS assay in Human Epidermal Keratinocytes. Wavelength of 470nm LED irradiation increased mRNA expression of collagen, procollagen without cytotoxity. Our results suggest that 470nm LED irradiation may have a proliferative effects and collagen synthesis property. In order to determine whether LED irradiation can safely be applied to human skin, the cytotoxic effects of LED irradiation were determined by MTS assay in Human Dermal Fibroblasts (HDF). As far as we know, this is the first report demonstrating in vitro collagen synthesis activity of 470nm LED irradiation and being a scientific basis for the cosmetic.
LED(Light emitting diode);Human Epidermal Keratinocytes;Collagen;Procollagen;Light therapy;Convergence
- Bibikova A, Oron U. "Regeneration in denervated toad (Bufoviridis) gastrocnemius muscle and the promotion of the process by low energy laser irradiation". Anat Rec, Vol. 241, pp.123-128, 2003
- Al-Watban FA. "Laser acceleration of open skin wound closure in rats and its dosimetric dependence". Lasers Life Sci ,Vol.7, pp.237-2471997
- Conlan MJ, Rapley JW, Cobb CM. " Biostimulation of wound healing by low-energy laser irradiation". J Clin Periodontol., 23, pp.492-496.1996 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-051X.1996.tb00580.x
- Miller M, Truhe T. "Lasers in dentistry". An overview. Am Dent Assoc., pp.1243 1993
- Lim W, Lee S, Kim I, Chung M, Kim M, Lim H, Park J, Kim O, Choi H. "The anti-inflammatory mechanism of 635 nm light-emitting-diode irradiation compared with existing COX inhibitors". Lasers Surg Med,Vol. 39, pp. 614-621.2007 https://doi.org/10.1002/lsm.20533
- Khoury JG, Goldman MP. "Use of light-emitting diode photo modulation to reduce erythema and discomfort after intense pulsed light treatment of photodamage". J Cosmet Dermatol, Vol. 7, pp.30-34. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1473-2165.2008.00358.x
- DeLand MM, Weiss RA, McDaniel DH, Geronemus RG. "Treatment of radiation-induced dermatitis with light-emitting diode (LED) photomodulation". Lasers Surg Med. ,Vol. 39, pp.164-168, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/lsm.20455
- Uitto J. "IL-6 signaling pathway in keloids: a target for pharmacologic intervention". J Invest Dermatol.,,Vol. 127, pp. 6 -8. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jid.5700604
- Ghazizadeh M, Tosa M, Shimizu H, Hyakusoku H, Kawanami O. "Functional implications of the IL-6 signaling pathway in keloid pathogenesis". J Invest Dermatol. ,Vol. 127, pp.98-110, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jid.5700564
- Alexiades-Armenakas M. "Laser and light-based treatment of cellulite". J Drugs Dermatol. ,Vol. 6, pp.83-84, .2007.
- Sasaki GH, Oberg K, Tucker B, Gaston M. "The effectiveness and safety of topical PhotoActif phosphatidylcholine-based anti-cellulite gel and LED (red and near-infrared) light on Grade II-III thigh cellulite: A randomized, double-blinded study". J Cosmet Laser Ther., Vol. 98, pp.7-96, 2007.
- Satino JL, Markou M. "Hair regrowth and increased hair tensile strength using the HairMax LeserComb for Low-level laser therapy". Int J Cosm Surg and Aesthetic Dermatol. ,Vol. 5, pp.113-117, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1089/153082003769591209
- Krutmann J, Medve-Koenigs K, Ruzicka T, Ranft U, Wilkens JH. "Ultraviolet-free phototherapy". Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. ,Vol. 21, pp.59-66, .2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0781.2005.00141.x
- Kang-Rotondo CH, Major S, Chiang TM, Myers LK, Kang ES. "Upregulation of nitric oxide synthase in cultured human keratinocytes after ultraviolet B and bradykinin". Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. Vol. 12, pp.57-65.1996. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0781.1996.tb00176.x
- Zhou S, Shanmugam KT, Ingram LO. "Functional Replacement of the Escherichia coliD-(-)-Lactate Dehydrogenase Gene (ldhA) with the L-(+)-Lactate Dehydrogenase Gene (ldhL) from Pediococcus acidilactic"i. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. Vol. 69(4): pp.2237-2244, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1128/AEM.69.4.2237-2244.2003
- Weller R. "Nitric oxide - a newly discovered chemical transmitter in human skin". Br J Dermatol. Vol. 137, pp.:665-672, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2133.1997.tb01099.x
- Kwqamata H, Ochiai H, Mantani N, terasawa K. "Enhanced expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase by Juzen-taiho-to in LPS activated RAW264.7 cells, a murine macrophage cell line". Am J Chin Med. Vol. 28, pp.217-226, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0192415X0000026X
- Krutmann J, Honigsmann H, Elmets. "Dermatological Phototherapy and Photodiagnostic Methods". New York, Springer. 2001.
- Morita A, Werfel T, Stege H, Ahrens C, Karmann K, Grewe M, Grether Beck S, Ruzicka T, Kapp A, Klotz LO, Sies H, Krutmann J. "Evidence that singlet oxygen-induced human T helper cell apoptosis is the basic mechanism of ultraviolet-A" radiation phototherapy. J Exp Med. Vol. 186, pp.1763-1768, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.186.10.1763
- Walker MD, Rumpf S, Baxter GD, Hirst DG, Lowe AS. "Effect of low-intensity laser irradiation (660 nm) on a radiation impaired wound-healing model in murine skin". Laser Surg Med. Vol. 26, pp.41-47, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9101(2000)26:1<41::AID-LSM7>3.0.CO;2-M
- Whelan HT, Smits RL, Buchman EV, Whelan NT, Turner SG, Margolis DA, Cevenini V, Stinson H, Ignatius R, Martin T, Cwiklinski J, Philippi AF, Graf WR, Hodgson B, Gould L, Kane M, Chen G, Caviness J. "Effect of NASA light-emitting diode irradiation on wound healing". J Clin Laser Med Surg. 1Vol. 93(3), pp.05-314, 2001.
- Kalka K, Merk H, Mukhtar H. "Photodynamic therapy in dermatology". J Am Acad Dermatol. Vol. 42: pp. 389-413, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0190-9622(00)90209-3
- Wilson BC, Patterson MS. "The physics of photodynamic therapy". Phys Med Biol. Vol. 31, pp.327-360, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/31/4/001
- Simpson CR, Kohl M, Essenpreis M, Cope M. "Near-infrared optical properties of ex vivo human skin and subcutaneous tissues measured using the Monte Carlo inversion technique". Phys Med Biol. Vol. 43, pp.2465-2478, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/43/9/003
- Sook-Jeong Lee, Ye Jong Lee, "Research on the actual condition of career decision-making self-efficacy . career decision level and career preparation behavior on Department of Dental Hygiene, K university", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 27-32, 2012.
- Ji-Hyun Kang, Jae-Hun Shim, "Comparison of Trunk Muscles Thickness in Three Different Bridge Exercises by Ultrasound Fusion Imaging", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 123-130, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.123