- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Physical Activity and Sedentary Life on Health in Obesity Men and Women
신체활동과 좌식생활에 따른 비만남성과 여성의 건강상태의 차이 비교
- Park, In-ho (Andong National University)
- 박인호 (안동대학교 체육학과)
- Received : 2016.10.04
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate effects of physical activity and sedentary life in metabolically healthy obesity(MHO) and metabolically unhealthy obesity(MUO). A total of 1585 middle-aged obesity men and women participated in this study. The subjects were divided to MHO(n=840) and MUO(n=745) by metabolic syndrome markers(National Cholesterol Education Program-Adult Treatment Panel III). We analyzed measurement data using t-test. As results, physical activity and exercise participant between group had not significant difference in men subjects. But, in women subjects, total physical activity volume and muscle strength exercise participant between group had a significant difference. In conclusion, we suggest that physical activity and exercise participant are important factors affecting health status in the same level of obesity women.
Physical activity;Health;Exercise participant;Sedentary life;Metabolically healthy obesity(MHO);Metabolically healthy obesity(MUO)
- Gutin, B., Yin Z., Humphries, M. C., Hoffman, W. H., Gower, B., and barbeau, P., "Relations of fatness and fitness to fasting insulin in black and white adolescents", The Journal of Pediatrics, Vol. 145, No. 6, pp. 737-743, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2004.07.016
- DeFronzo, R. A., Ferrannini, E., "Insulin resistance. A multifaceted syndrome responsible for NIDDM, obesity, hypertension, dyslipidemia, and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease", Diabetes Care, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 173-194, 1991.
- Aviva M., Jenniger S., Eugenie H., "The Diease Burden Associated With Overweight and Obesity", JAMA, Vol. 282, pp. 1523-1529, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.282.16.1523
- Arakwa, K., "Antihypertensive mechanism of exercise, Journal of Hypertension", Vol. 11, pp. 223-229, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004872-199303000-00001
- Morrison, R.F. and Farme,r S.R., "Hormonal signaling and transcriptional control of adipocyte differentitaion", J. Nutr. Vol. 160, pp. 3116-3121, 2000.
- Stefan, N., Kantartzis, K., Machann, J., Schick, F., Thamer, C., Rittig, K., Haring, H. U., "Identification and characterization of metabolically benign obesity in humans, Archives of internal medicine", Vol. 168, No. 15, pp. 1609-1616, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.168.15.1609
- Wildman, R. P., Muntner, P., Reynolds, K., McGinn, A. P., Rajpathak, S., Wylie-Rosett, J., Sowers, M. R,, "The obese without cardiometabolic risk factor clustering and the normal weight with cardiometabolic risk factor clustering: prevalence and correlates of 2 phenotypes among the US population (NHANES 1999-2004)", Archives of internal medicine, Vol. 168, No. 15, pp. 1617-1624, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.168.15.1617
- Lee, K., "Metabolically obese but normal weight (MONW) and metabolically healthy but obese (MHO) phenotypes in Koreans: characteristics and health behaviors", Asia Pacific journal of clinical nutrition, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 280, 2009.
- Hamer, M., Stamatakis, E.,. "Metabolically healthy obesity and risk of all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality", The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Vol. 97, No, 7, pp. 2482-2488, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2011-3475
- Ekelund, U., Besson, H., Luan, J. A., May, A. M., Sharp, S. J., Brage, S., Jenab, M., "Physical activity and gain in abdominal adiposity and body weight: prospective cohort study in 288,498 men and women", The American journal of clinical nutrition, Vol. 93, No. 4, pp. 826-835, 2011. https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.110.006593
- Velho, S., Paccaud, F., Waeber, G., Vollenweider, P., Marques-Vidal, P.,. "Metabolically healthy obesity: different prevalences using different criteria", European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 64, No. 10, pp. 1043-1051, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1038/ejcn.2010.114
- Camhi, S. M., Waring, M. E., Sisson, S. B., Hayman, L. L., Must, A., "Physical activity and screen time in metabolically healthy obese phenotypes in adolescents and adults". Journal of obesity, 2013.
- Wilmot, E. G., Edwardson, C. L., Achana, F. A., Davies, M. J., Gorely, T., Gray, L. J., Biddle, S. J., "Sedentary time in adults and the association with diabetes, cardiovascular disease and death: systematic review and meta-analysis", Diabetologia, Vol. 55, pp. 2895-2905, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-012-2677-z
- Phillips, C. M., Dillon, C., Harrington, J. M., McCarthy, V. J., Kearney, P. M., Fitzgerald, A. P., Perry, I. J., "Defining metabolically healthy obesity: role of dietary and lifestyle factors", PLoS One, Vol. 8, No. 10, pp. e76188, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0076188
- Nesto, R. W,. "Obesity: a major component of the metabolic syndrome", Texas Heart Institute Journal, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 387, 2005.
- Genelhu, V. A., Celoria, B. M., Duarte, S. F. P., Cabello, P. H., & Francischetti, E. A., "Not all obese subjects of multiethnic origin are at similar risk for developing hypertension and type 2 diabetes", European journal of internal medicine, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 289-295, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2008.09.009
- Hankinson, A. L., Daviglus, M. L., Horn, L. V., Chan, Q., Brown, I., Holmes, E., ... & Stamler, J., "Diet composition and activity level of at risk and metabolically healthy obese American adults", Obesity, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 637-643, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1002/oby.20257
- Churilla JR, Fitzhugh E.C. "Total physical activity volume, physical activity intensity, and metabolic syndrome: 1999-2004 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey", Metab Syndr Relat Disord. Vol. 10, pp. 70-76, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1089/met.2011.0057
- Camhi, S. M., Crouter, S. E., Hayman, L. L., Must, A., & Lichtenstein, A. H., "Lifestyle Behaviors in Metabolically Healthy and Unhealthy Overweight and Obese Women: A Preliminary Study", PloS one, Vol. 10, No. 9, pp. e0138548, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0138548
- Prince SA, Adamo KB, Hamel ME, Hardt J, Gorber SC, Tremblay M. A., "Comparison of direct versus self-report measures for assessing physical activity in adults: a systematic review", International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 56, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1186/1479-5868-5-56
- Jae-Chul Byun, "The Converge Effects of Long-term Weight-bearing Exercise on Lumbar, Femur Neck BMD and Body Compositions in Person with Intellectual Disabilities and Normal Men", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 2, pp. 101-107, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.101
- Young-Sook Kwon, "Necessity of the Development of a Web-based Obesity Management Program to Prevent Metabolic Syndrome of the Workers", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 121-127, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.121