- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effects of an Integrative Art Therapy Program on Self-Efficacy and Conflict Coping Strategies in Marriage Migrant Women
결혼이주여성을 위한 통합예술치료 프로그램이 자기유능감 및 갈등대처방식에 미치는 효과
- Park, Sun-Hee (Dong-shin University)
- 박순희 (동신대학교)
- Received : 2016.08.22
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of an integrative art therapy program for marriage migrant women to improve self-efficacy, learn conflict resolution strategies, and establish close family relationship. The participants of the program were limited to marriage migrant women residing in A City who lived in Korea for more than two years. 30 women for the experimental group and 31 women for the control group were randomly sampled. Eight sessions were offered. A pre-test was conducted in the first session and a post-test was done one month after the program was finished. The results of the program suggested that the experimental group had a higher effect on self-efficacy and conflict resolution strategies than the control group. The integrative art therapy program for marriage migrant women conducted in this study aims for marriage migrant women to recover confidence and actively establish happy marital and family relationship by providing an opportunity to make success experience. Moreover, the program is intended to be applied to the field to build up the foundation of family and social adjustment in marriage migrant women.
Marriage migrant women;Integrative art therapy;Program;Self-efficacy;Conflict coping strategies
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Eunyoung Baek, Myungwoo Lee, "The Effectivenessof TA Theory-based Conjugal Relations Improvement Program Using Arts Activity". Journal of Arts Psychotherapy, Vol.10, No.2, 199-217, 2014.
- Hyeshin Kim, "A Study on the Family Strengths of Marriage Immigrant Women and Korean Men Couples". Department of Family Environment &Welfare raduate School, Chonnam National University,2011.
- Hyunju Kwak, "A Meta-Regression Analysis of Art Therapy Effectiveness - Focused on Music Therapy", Art Therapy, Dance Movement Therapyand Integrative Art Therapy -, Graduate School,Chungbuk National University, 2013.
- Malhee Song, "A Study of the Relationshipbetween the Level of Conflict and the Coping Behavior of Urban Husbands and Wives", Journalof Korean Housing Association Editorial Board,Vol.8, No.2, 31-48, 1990.
- Sunmi Lee, "Gweeyeon Jeon, The Effect of Marital Conflict and Conflict-Coping Method on Couple's Marital Satisfaction in the Early Stage of Marital Life, Journal of Korean Housing Association Editorial Board", Vol.9, No.5, 203-220, 2001.
- Kyureon Choi, "A Study on Types of Family Systems", Marital Conflicts and Coping Strategies
- Eunrok, Son, "The Study on Conflict in Internationalmarriage and Solution : On the subject of Choson-jock(Korean-Chinese) Women a married Korean Men", Department of Social Welfare The Graduate School of Kang Nam University, 2001.
- Sunhee Park, Juhee Lee, Eunjin Kim, "The Effects ofa Program for Improved Relations Between Mothers-in-Law and Daughters-in-Law : Focusedon Mothers-in-Law of Multicultural Families Regarding Family Functions and Cultural Acceptance Attitudes", Korean Journal of Family Welfare, Vol.19 No45, 911-932, 2014.
- Mina Choi, PyeongSu Yu, "The Effect of the Couple Relationship Enhancement Program for the Multicultural Family Based on Gottman's Theory",Journal of family relations, Vol.19, No1, 79-102, 2014.
- IKju Kim, "The Effects of Multi-cultural Family Education Programs on the Social Integration into Korean Society", Graduate School, Honam University,2013.
- Jungok Kim, "Development of the Integrated Therapeutic Marital Enhancement Program for Multicultural Families", Journal of family relations,Vol.18, No3, 157-177, 2013.
- Soobok Kim, "A Study on Bibliotherapy Program Development and Effectiveness for Healthy Marital Relationship", The Korea Journal of IntegrativeArts Therapy, Vol.1, No.1, 61-93, 2011
- Jungmi Ryu, "The Effects of Integrative Arts Therapy on the Improvement of Interpersonal Relationship and self-perception with Juvenile Delinquents", The Graduate School in Won kang University, 2006.
- Jongsook Kim, "Theoretical Perspectives of Family Conflict, Korean journal of social welfarestudies", 10(1) : 307-323, 1997.
- Meegung, Song et al., "Development of a Group Counseling Program for Parents of Multicultural Families", Korea Youth Counseling Institute, 2008.
- Dalahgi Hong, "Development and Evaluation of Family Integration Education Programs for Multi-Cultural Families", Korean Living Science Association, Vol.9, No.1, 75-89, 2010.
- Bongman Kwon, "A study on Sexuality Consciousness, Sexuality Attitude and Self-efficacy of Adolescents", The Councelling and Welfare of Hanyoung Theology University, 2012.
- Aena Choi, Hyohyun Kang, "The effects of integrated art therapy upon self-efficacy of broken family child", The Journal of Play Therapy, Vo1.11,No.2, 71-87.
- Aena Choi, "The Effects of Integrated Art Therapy upon Obese Children: Focusing on Self-image, Stress, Self-efficiency, Self-respec"t, The Korean Arts Psychotherapy Association, Vol.9, No.1,121-138, 2013
- Chayoung Park, "The Effects of Integrative Art Therapy on Interaction Promotion Mother and Childwith Developmental Disorder : Focusing on Object Relations Theory", Department of Art Therapy Won kwang University, 2009.
- Hyunjung Woo, "Effects of Group Piano Playingon International Marriage Immigrant Women's Self-Efficacy; A Case Study", Journal of music andhuman behavior, Vol.7, No.2, 1-22, 2010.
- Myunghee Lee, "Ahyoung Kim, Development and Construct Validation of the Basic Psychological Needs Scale for Korean Adolescents: Based on the Self-Determination Theory", The Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, Vol.22, No.3,157-174, 2008.
- Heesuek Lee, "Effects of Integral Art Therapy Programs on Stress Coping Styles and Self-efficacy of Parents having School Students", Department of Education Graduate School, Kyungsung University,2015
- Seungyeun Shin, Eunmi Hong, "The Effects of a Group Art Therapy on Communication and Intimacy ofMulticultural Couples", Journal of Arts Psychotherapy,Vol.7, No.4, 175-197, 2011.
- Myungsun Oh, Waesun Choi, "The Effects of Art Activity in Transactional Analysis for Marital Education Program on Marital Communication and Satisfaction of Married Women, Journal of Arts Psychotherapy", Vol.4, No2, 49-77, 2008.
- Bandura, A. (1986), "Social foundation of thought and action: A social connitive theory". Englewood Cliff, NJ; Prentice-Hall
- Berko, R. M., Rosenfeld, L. E., & Amovar, l. a,"Connesting: A Culture - Sensitiven Approach tointerpersonal Communication Competency(2nd)".New York: Harcourt Brace College Publishers, 1990
- Halprin, A, "The expressive body in life, art and therapy-working with movement", Metalphor andmeanig, Seoul: Sigmapress. 2003.
- Myeong-Hwa Lee, Yoon-Jung Lee, "The Effect on the Marital Satisfaction to marriage immigrantwives whose spouse of in an old age : Focusing on Social service and Human support", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No,9, 47-62, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.9.47
- So-Jeong Park, Yang-Ja Bae, Sun-Hee Park,"Sun-Ae Kim, The Effect on the Marital Satisfactionto marriage immigrant wives whose spouse of in anold age : Focusing on Social service and Humansupport, Journal of Digital Convergence", Vol. 13,No. 11, 493-507, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.493
- Young-Ae Jung, Hyeong-Soo Kim, "A Method of Using Digital Map to Improve Multicultural Education Efficiency : A Design of 'e-Atlas of Society and Culture' for Marriage Immigrant Womento Overcome Contextual Limitations", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, 13-21, 2014.
- Sun-Hee Song, "Mediation Effect of Marriage Satisfaction about Personality Traits of Married Female Immigrants to Affect on Preparing Their Old Age", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14,No,2, 49-56, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.49
- Yong-Kyu Lee, Hyung-Ran Moon, "A study onthe path that the linguistic competence of Marriagemigrants affects to the quality of life", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No,3, 37-47, 2015.
- Byeong-Joo Jeon, "A Study on National Identity of Adolescents of Multi-cultural Family - An Application of Heater's Theory", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No,4, 33-41, 2014.
- Sun-hee Park, "Effects of Social Support on Stable Marriage Life in Married Immigrant Women-Focused on Mediating Effect of a Cultural Adaptation Attitude, Korean Journal of Family Welfare", Vol . 16 No. 1 , 89-109, 2011
- Sun-Hee Park, Ju-Hee Lee, Hyo-Ja An,Won-Tak Cho, "Effects of Parents' Social Networkon Children's Psychosocial Adjustment in anInternational Marriage Family", Journal of Community Welfare, Vol. 33, 6. 1. 185-217, 2010