- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Maladaptive Perfectionism and Core Self-Evaluation on Body Dissatisfaction of female college student
여대생의 부적응적 완벽주의와 핵심자기평가가 신체불만족에 미치는 영향
- Jeon, Hye-Seong (Dept. of Graduate School of Legal Studies and Public Administration, Dankook University) ;
- Kim, Ju-Hyun (Dept. of Social Welfare, Kyung-Hee Cyber University)
- Received : 2016.08.24
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
This paper was to explore the effect of maladaptive perfectionism and core self-evaluation on body dissatisfaction of female college student. This survey was conducted from March, 2016 to May, 2016 and 315 responses from the survey were used for the analysis. Maladaptive Perfectionism and core self-evaluation were set as independent variables, and body dissatisfaction was set as an dependent variable. The data was analyzed by descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson correlation and Multiple Regression. As a result, core self-evaluation was the significant predictor to explain body dissatisfaction, but maladaptive perfectionism didn't have the effectiveness to the body dissatisfaction of female college student. In conclusion, to reduce body dissatisfaction, female university students' positive view regarding core self-evaluation should be increased.
Female;College student;Maladaptive Perfectionism;Core Self-Evaluation;Body Dissatisfaction
- Stice, E., Schupack-Neuberg, E., Sharw, H. E., R. I. Relation of media exposure to eating disorder symptomatology: An examination of mediating mechanism. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 103, pp.836-841. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-843X.103.4.836
- Feingold, A., & Mazzella,. Gender difference of the personality, and change, New York: Guilford Press, pp.80-100. 1998.
- Wan-suk Gim & Jungsik Kim. Body-Related Values and Body-Esteem in East Asian Women: A Cross-National Study Focusing on Korean, Chinese, and Japanese College Students. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No.4. pp. 407-418. 2014..
- Wardle, J. Haase. Body image and weight control in young adults: international comparisons in university students from 22 countries. International Journal of Obesity, Vol.30, No.4, 2006.
- S, J. Han, An Effect of Personality Type on Cognitive, Behavioral Investment Disposition, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14. No.7. pp. 127-133. 2016
- K. Y. Ji, J. Y. Han, A Study on the Comparative study for the Four-year Collegiate Career Preparation Behavior by Grade Level : The case of C University, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14. No.7. pp.33-41. 2016
- Hewitt, P. L., & G. L., Perfectionism in the self and social contexts: Conceptualization, assessment and association with psychology. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 60, pp.456-470. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1686
- Slnaey, R. B., Johnson, D. P., & Ashby, J. S., Perfectionism: Its measurement and career relevance. Journal of Career Assessment, 3, pp.279-297 1995. https://doi.org/10.1177/106907279500300303
- M. E. Kim, K. Lim, Analysis of Factors for Learning Satisfaction Based on Gender in Online Graduate University Settings, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No.4. pp. 33-42., 2015
- Berge, P., Thompson, J.K., Obremski Brandon, K., & Coovert, M.. The influence model of body image and eating disturbance: A covariance structure modeling investigation testing the mediation role of appearance comparison. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 53, pp.1007-1020. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3999(02)00499-3
- J. H. Yoon, The relationship of body-dissatisfaction, thin-ideal internalization and perfectionism in female college students. The Graduate School of Ewha Womans University. 2005.
- Fenigstein, A., Scheier, M,. F., & Buss, A. H.. Public and private self consciousness: Assessment and theory. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 43, pp.522-527. 1975. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0076760
- M. R. Jeon , J. S. Roh, The Relationship between Perceived Self-consciousness of College Majors in Dance on the Body Image, Self-efficacy and Dance Performance Anxiety. Official Journal of Korean Society of Dance Science, Vol. 21. No.1. pp.1-20, 2010.
- E. J. Son, Body image and Self-consciousness according to the level of Symptoms. Ewha Woman' s University, 1995.
- Judge, T. A., Locke, E. A., & Durham, C. C., The dispositional causes of job satisfaction: A core evaluations approach. Research in Organizational Behavior, 19, pp151-188, 1997.
- Judge, T. A., Erez, A., & Bono, J., The Power of being positive: The relation between positive self-concept and job performance. Human Performance, 11, pp.167-187, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1080/08959285.1998.9668030
- C. H. Lee, H. R. Son, H. Y. Jang, Effects of Self-esteem, Aggression and Violence Recognition on the Academic Achievement of Adolescents, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14. No.7. pp.29-36. 2016 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.29
- H. Y. Jung, The Convergence Influence of Life Stress, Depression and Ego Resiliency on College Life Adaptation in Nursing Students, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14. No.7. pp. 259-268. 2016.
- S. H. Kim, M. J. Kim, The Effect of Career Preparation Program on Self-esteem, Self-efficacy related career decision-making and Career Development Readiness in University Students Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No.4. pp. 407-418. 2014
- P.S. Yang, S. B. Choi, Impact on the innovation actions at Innovative environment and the core self-evaluation : Focusing on the mediating effects of core self-evaluation, Korean Association of Industrial Business Administration, No.12, pp13-26, 2011.
- Jin-won Hyeon 'perfectionism' tendencies and evaluation impact on task performance, Yonsei University. 1992.
- D. H. Lee, J. K. Tak, A Study on the Influence of Proactive Personality and Core Self-evaluation on Career Success: Mediating Roles of Career Planing, The Korean journal of industrial and organizational psychology, Vol. 21. No.1. pp83-103, 2008. https://doi.org/10.24230/ksiop.21.1.200802.83
- Sun-myung Cho, The Effects of Sociocultural Attitude toward Appearance and Body Images on Clothing Benefits Sought. Yonsei University. 1999.
- Park, Kyung Hwan, The Influence of Perceived Parenting Attitudes and Self-differentiations on the Core Self-evaluations in the Employees, Korean Journal of Psychology : General, Vol.30. No.1, 2011.
- Park, Woo Chul, The Effects of Adolescent' Body Mass Index, Self-esteem, Family Criticism and Media Exposure on Their Body Image, The Graduate School Yonsei University, 2009.
- Kim, Kyung Hee, The Relationship between Socially Prescribed Perfectionism and Self-handicapping Mediated by Self-Esteem and Self-Concept Clarity, The Graduate School of Ewha Woman's University, 2010.
- Davis, C., Claridge, G., & Fox, J., Not Just a pretty face: Physical attractiveness and perfectionism in the risk for eating disorders. International Journal of Eating Disorder, 27, pp67-73. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-108X(200001)27:1<67::AID-EAT7>3.0.CO;2-F
- Cho, Sang-Hee. Lee Su-Young, A Effect of the Squat Convergence Exercise Among Knee Joint Angle on Quadricpes Strength in the Patients With Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.7 No.2, pp. 43-52, 2016.
- Park, Eun-Hee, Kim, Hye-Su, Kim,, Ja-Ok, "The Effect of Convergence Action Learning techniques in Simulation Class", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 241-248, 2015.