- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Study on the Yips Current States and Coping Method in High School Baseball Player Through Convergence
융복합을 활용한 고교야구선수의 입스(yips)경험과 대처방법에 대한 현상적 분석
- Received : 2016.09.09
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
The study is conducted to investigate the prevalence of a yips phenomenon in high school baseball players and provide the basis of its origin and an effective treatment intervention. Therefore, we survey 320 high school baseball players registered at Korea Baseball Association, excluding poorly answered 30 questionnaires. Utilizing PASW 20.0, the analysis of yips experiences and a coping method is carried out with descriptive statistics and ratio analysis. The results from the process above are as follows. The ratio of high school baseball players who experience yips reaches 64%, which is significantly high; experiencing yips, they have both physical and psychological problems; although they would have psychological trainings, few of them work, which implies that the discussion on yips prevention and coping methods for high school baseball players is imperative.
High school baseball player;Yips current states;Coping method;Symptoms Analysis;Convergence
- W. H. Lee. "Study on the process of position decision and satisfaction analysis of baseball players in elementary and secondary school" Gradate School of Chennam National University Master's Thesis. 2012.
- D. Y. Ju. "The effect of psychological skills training types on competitive anxiety, physiological factor and golf putting performance" Gradate School of Chennam National University Doctor's Thesis. 2010.
- Porter. K. & Foster. J. "The mental athlete. Inner training peak performance." Janeart. LTD. 1986.
- Schilling. R., & Gubelmann, H., Enhacing performance with mental training. In S. J. H. Biddle(Ed), "European perspective on exercise and sport psychology." Champaign, IL: Human Kinetic Press. 2005.
- G. D. Hong. "Study on development and practical application of psychological skills training program for archery" Gradate School of Seoul National University Doctor's Thesis, 2005.
- Y. H. Hong. "Plateau athlete and study on slump phenomenon" Gradate School of Yonsei University Master's Thesis, 1998.
- Sachdev, P. "Golfers cramp clinical characteristics and evidence against it being and anxiety disorder." Movement Disorder, Vol 7, pp. 326-332. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1002/mds.870070405
- Smith, A. M., Adler, C. H., Crew, D., Wharen, R. E., Laskowski, E. R., Barnes, K., Bell, C. V., Pelz, D., Brennan, R. D., Smith J., Sorenson, M. C. & Au, K. R. "The yips in golf. a continuum between a focal dystonia and choking." Sport Medicine. Vol. 33. pp. 13-31. 2003 https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200333010-00002
- Smith. A.M., Malo, S. A., & Laskowski, E. R., Sabick, M., Cooney, W. P., Finnie, S. B., Crew, D. J., Eischen, J. J., Hay, I. D., Detling, N. J. & Au. K. R "A multidisciplinary study of the yips phenomenon in golf: an exploratory analysis." Sports Medicine. Vol 6. pp. 423-437. 1995.
- J. S. Kim, Y. M. Kim, M. A, Lee. "Highlands and dance major slump affected the phenomenon of college students on the department of dance and sexual adaptation." The Korean Journal of Physical Education. Vol 43, No 3, pp. 571-580. 2004.
- H. W. Lee. "Neuropsychological search for golf ips phenomenon of amateur golfer." Korea Society of Psychology, Vol 17, No 4, pp. 215-227. 2006.
- J. K. Park. "The influence of the family in the development of talent in elite golfers." Korean Journal of Sport Psychology, Vol 14, No 2, pp. 33-64. 2003.
- M. K. Kim. "Relationship of multicultual adolescents' stress, depression, family resilience and internet game addiction", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 1 pp. 205-210, 2016.
- H. J. Choi, S. G. Back. "A study on depressive disposition by convergence approach of leisure histroy and family situation in elderly women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society Vol. 6 No. 5., pp. 295-302, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.295
- J. Yoo. "The effect of internal and external attention on perceived exertion." The Korean Journal Physical Education, Vol 28, No 2, pp. 2147-2160, 1989.
- J. Yoo. "Measurement in sport psychology: construction and assessment." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol 41, No 5, pp. 215-231. 2002.