- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Comparison the Difference of User Experience for Mobile Facebook and Instagram Using Nonparametric Statistics Methods -Focused on Emotional Interface Model-
비모수적 통계방법을 이용한 모바일 페이스북과 인스타그램의 사용자 경험 차이 비교 -감성인터페이스 모형을 중심으로-
- Ahn, Ji-Hyun (Design Big Data Lab, Design Innovation Center, Hong-Ik Universtiy) ;
- Kim, Seung-In (Digital Media Design, International Design School for Advanced Studies, Hongik University)
- Received : 2016.09.19
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
This study is about comparing the mobile user experience of Facebook and Instagram which are most often used among the recent SNSs by the people in their 30s and under. This study analyzed the user experience level after dividing the user experience factors through the Creating Pleasurable Interfaces model, and suggested the mean analysis as well as the result of Wilcoxon rank test which is a nonparametric statistics method. As a result of study, the Display information visually factor in functional factor and the configuration of the main page in convenient factor were a statistically significant difference in the mobile user experience of Facebook and Instagram. It is expected that this study may help seeking the user experience factors to be promoted preferentially in a competitive situation through the statistical comparative evaluation of the experience of two SNS users.
SNS;User Experience;Creating Pleasurable Interface Model;Nonparametric Statistics Analysis;Wilcoxon signed rank test
- International Working Group on Data Protection in Telecommunications Homepage, https://datenschutz-berlin.de, June 21, 2016.
- Jin-hyeong Lee, "Diffusion & trend in SNS(Scocial Network Service)", Journal of Communications & Radio Spectrum, vol.44, p.54-59, 2012.
- Sun Sin, "SNS Usage", KISDI STAT Report, Vol.13, No.4, p.11-15, 2012.
- Mobiinside Home Page, http://www.mobiinside.com, June 21, 2016.
- DOI: http://www.kocca.kr/knowledge/abroad/deep/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2013/02/14/9p0W6dxcCfwJ.pdf
- DOI: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016./06/07/people-are-getting-bored-of-facebook-and-instagram-study-says.
- Facebook Q2 2015 Results, http://files.shareholder.com. May 27, 2015.
- Dong-Il, Tag, "A Study on The Influence of Convergence Benefit of Facebook Fan Page in Brand Attachment and Brand Commitment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 199-206, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.199
- Mi-Ryeong Yeom, Ju-Ok Park, Doo-Yong Jung, "Analysis of Cosmetics App Smart UI convergence Design in Mobile Environments", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 2, pp. 13-17, 2016.
- Ju-Whan Rho, " UX DESIGN", p.17-18, p.67-70, Mentor, 2011.
- Sung-Joong Kang, "A Study on Applying Pleasurability of Design for Single Generation", Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol.18, No.3, p.5, 2012.
- DOI: http://casjohnson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/creating-pleasurable-interfaces.pdf.
- Gyu-Won Park, Hee-Kyung Kim, Jeong-Byeong Guk, Mun-Hui Choe, Gi-Jun Kim "Design Research Methodology", p.122, Leeseowon, 2010.
- Ui-Hun Seo, " Statistics Analysis using SPSS 18.0", p.230-249, Jayu Academy, 2010.
- Hyeong-Jin No, "A non-parametric statistical analysis and response analysis utilizing spss", p.22, JIPHIL Media, 2015.
- Yun-Oc Ahn, "Medical Statistics Theory", p.252, Seoul National University Press, 1996.
- Jae-Hyeong Ahn, "All statistical analyzes using R", p.59, Hannare, 2011.