- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Factors Affecting on the Clinical Nurse's Safety Nursing Activity
임상간호사의 안전간호활동 영향요인
- Song, Eun-Jeong (Chungnam National University Hospital) ;
- Park, Yeon-Suk (Dept. of Nursing, Kongju National University) ;
- Ji, Hyun-Soon (Chungnam National University Hospital) ;
- Lee, Hye-Kyung (Dept. of Nursing, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2016.09.06
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
This research is a descriptive investigation research in order to understand the influences on the perception of the patient safety culture and safey nursing activity with the clinical nurses of the university hospitals as the subjects. The data collected were analyzed using the SPSS 23.0 program. As a result, the perception of patient safety culture of the subjects was 3.30 of the full score of 5points, and safety nursing activity 3.89. It appeared that, also, in the safety nursing activity, the total career experience, the position, immediately superior/manager, the communication procedures, and the frequency of accident reports receive the influences. As a result, in order to enhance the safety nursing activity, the developments of the practice guidelines that can appropriately manage the experienced people, that can communicate smoothly between the organizations, and that can make the case reports and the developments of the educational programs are needed.
University hospitals;Clinical nurses;Perception of Patient Safety Culture;Safety Nursing Activity;Safety Nursing Activity Factors
- S. L. Lee. "Development of institutional mechanism for improving patient safety in Korea", Center for Disease Control & Prevention. 2013.
- J. Y. Kim & E. A. Hwang. "A Study on Improvement of Consumer Safety in Medical Services-Based on Patient Safety", Korea Consumer Agency. 2014.
- Kohn, L. T., J. M. Corrigan, & M. S. Donaldson. "To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System", Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2000.
- J. Jeong. "Factors affecting patient safety manag -ement activities at two university hospitals : The case of nursing divisions", Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, 2006.
- T. K. Lee, E. Y. Kim, & N. H. Kim. "A Phenomenological Study on Nurses' Experiences of Accidents in Patient Safety", Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 20, No.1, 35-47, 2014. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.1.35
- Force, M. V., Deering, L., Hubbe, J., Andersen, M., Hagemann, B., Coorer-Hahn, M., Peters W. "Effective strategies to increase reporting of medication errors in hospitals", Journal of Nursing Administration, Vol. 36, pp. 34-41, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005110-200601000-00009
- J. Y. Moon, "An empirical study of the Strategy Development and Deployment effects on the Hospital Management and Hospital Performance", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 57-63, 2015.
- E. K. Kim, M. Kang, & H. J. Kim. "Experience and perception on patient safety culture of employees in hospitals", Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 13, 321-334, 2007.
- J. E. Kim, M. A. Kim, A. K. Kang, & H. Y. Sung. "A Survey of Nurses' Perception of Patient Safety Related to Hospital Culture and Reports of Medical Errors", Journal of Korean clinical nursing research, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 169-179, 2007.
- S. K. Kim, H. J. Lee, & E. G. Oh. "Perceived Level and Associated Factors of Patient Safety Culture among Health Care Providers in an Operating Room", Journal of Korean clinical nursing research. Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 57-67, 2010
- AHRQ. "Hospital survey on patient safety culture : 2010 User Comparative Database Repot." pp. 1-85, AHRQ publiaton No. 10-0026, march 2010.
- Woodward S, Rondall S, Hoey A & Bishop R. "Seven steps to patient safety: Build a safety culture", NHS, Feburary, pp. 3-5, 2004.
- J. J. Kim, T. J. Kim, S. E. Seo, Y. S. Jung, C. H. Shin, I. S. Kim & H. J. Han. Fundamental of nursing. Seoul: Jung Dam Media, 2006.
- S. Y. Kim, & B. K. Kim. "falls in elderly people in Korea", Seoul National University College of Medicine Depart of Health Policy & Management. 2005.
- Abbott, P. A. "Research in patient safety/error reduction; A nursing perspective", session presented at th Post-conference for 8th International Congress in Nursing Informatons, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, June, 2003
- J. U. Kim, G. A. Yang, & S. H. Yun. "Korean hospital environment associated with patient safety and communication process in recognition of a nurse", Healthcare Informatics Research. Vol. 10, pp. 130-135, 2004.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. "Nursing.Care Integrated Services", Press release. http://www.ohw. o. r front_new. 2016. 3. 3.
- S. S. Cho & M. H. Gang. "Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Safety Management Activity of Entry-level Nurses", Korean Journal Occup Health Nurses Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 24-34, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2013.22.1.24
- M. R. Kim. "Concept analysis of patient safety." Journal of Korean Academic Nursing. Vol. 4l, No. 1, pp. 1-8, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.1.1
- J. M. Lee, S. J. Hong, & M. H. Park. "Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Safety Care ACtivity among ICU Nurses." Crisis and Emergency Management. Vol. 9, No. 11, pp. 273-290, 2013.
- J. E. Lee & E. N. Lee. "Emergency Room Nurses' Recognition of Patient Safety Culture and their Safety Management Activity", Journal of Korean Critical Nursing Vol. 6, No. 1, pp44-56, 2013.
- J. M. Yun, & H. S. Park. "Perception of the Patient Safety Risk Factors and Safety Management by Nurses in Emergency Service, Hospitals." Journal of Korean Acad Fundam Nurse Vol. 21 No. 4, pp. 380-391, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.4.380
- K. H. Lee, Y. S. Lee, H. K. Park, J. O. Rhu & I. S. Byun. "The Influences of the Awareness of Patient Safety Culture on Safety Care Activities among Operating Room Nurses", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 204-214, 2011.
- G. O. Lee. "The study on nurse manager leadership and patient safety-related nursing activities." Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, 2009.
- Y. J. Lee. "Patient safety culture and management activities perceived by hospital nurses." Unpublished master's thesis, Eulji University, Daejeon. 2011.
- J. H. Choi, K. M. Lee & M. A. Lee. "Relationship between Nurses' Perceived Patient Safety Culture and Ther Safety Care Activities." J. Korean Acad Fundam Nurs, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 64-72, 2010.
- H. Y. Yang. "A Study on the Effect of Perception of Hospital Nurses Toward the Patient Safety Culture on the Safety nursing Activity: Focusing on Suncheon region", Unpublished master's thesis, Suncheon University, Suncheon, 2009.
- Y. L. Kim, M. I. Lee & E. Y. Chin. " Convergence Effects of Nurse's Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Safety Control on Safety Performance in General Hospital", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 201-211, 2016.
- S. D. Cho, S. E. Heo & D. H. Moon. "A Convergence Study on the Hospital Nurs's Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Safety Nursing Activity", Journal of Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 125-136, 2016.
- Fisher ID, Krauss MJ, Dunagan WC. Birge S. Hitcho E, & Johnson S. "Patterns and predictors of inpatient falls and fall-relate injuries in a large academic hospital", Infection Control and Hosp Epidemiology, Vol. 26, No. 10, pp. 822-827, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1086/502500
- Hendrich AL, Bender PS, & Nyhuis A. "Validation of the Hendrich II fall risk model: A large concurrent case/control study of hospitalized patient", Applied Nursing Research. Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 9-21, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1053/apnr.2003.016009
- X. Feng, K. Bobay, & M. Weiss. "Patient safety culture in nursing: a dimensional concept analysis", Journal of Advanced Nursing. Vol. 63, No. 3, pp. 310-319, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2008.04728.x
- S. J. Park. "A Study on Hospital Nurse's Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Safety Care Activity", Unpublished master's thesis, Dong A University, Busan, 2009.