- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Factors Affecting User Satisfaction of Mobile Social Network Games: Focusing on the Quality and Self-determination
모바일 소셜 네트워크 게임 이용만족에 영향을 미치는 요인: 품질과 자기결정성 요인을 중심으로
- Youm, Dong-sup (Dept. of Advertising & Public Relations & Journalism, The Mokwon University) ;
- Park, Kyoung-Ha (Dept. of Visual Design, The Yeonsung University)
- Received : 2016.09.01
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
This study was conducted to evaluate and identify what factors influence the satisfaction of the users for the fast-growing social network game based on the mobile. To this end, we looked around the variable product characteristic factor, quality and the consumer characteristic factor, user self-determination. Also we surveyed 211 male and female college students. The first finding was that all the sub-factors of the quality factor had positive effects on the satisfaction of the mobile social network games. The second finding was that all the sub-factors of the self-determination factor had positive effects on the satisfaction of the mobile social network games. The third finding was that only the sub-factors of quality had positive relative effects on the satisfaction of the mobile social network games, in the order of playfulness, usability, functionality from the most to the least. The findings of this study are expected to offer meaningful and practical suggestions for the development of high quality game contents for the user convenience, as well as the academic significance, the expansion of game-related area of research through the break from the traditional research trends, technology and engineering point of view and from the PC-based online game.
Mobile;Social Network Game(SNG);Quality;Self-determination;User Satisfaction
- Korea Creative Content Agency. "Content Industry Statistics 2015", 2016.
- Kim, H. C., Huh, S., & Choi, J. H. "Factors affecting the continuous use intention of smartphone Social Network Games: With a focus on the value model", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 11-24, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7583/JKGS.2012.12.3.11
- Kim, T. G., Ryu, S. H., Kyung, B. P., & Lee, W. B. "Social Network Games(SNG) to concentrate on the analysis of causes", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 445-453, 2012.
- Nam, H. W. "A Study on the Success Condition Analysis and Competitiveness Enhancement Strategy of the Social Network Game" Journal of The Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 73-84, 2011.
- Park, S. W., & Lee, C. H. "Factors affecting the user satisfaction of social network games", Journal of Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 197-204, 2013.
- Kim, S. Y. "Research on the properties and social support of SNG(Social Network Game)", Sogang University Paper of Masters Degree, 2010.
- Seo, S. E. "User identity of Social Network Game", Journal of The Korean Society for Computer Game, No. 23, pp. 69-77, 2010.
- Kim, S. Y., Chung, Y., & Chen, M. "A Study on the Factors Determining Experience of Flow in Mobile Social Network Games", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 55-68, 2013.
- Hong, Y. J. "The current status and future of social network games", Industrial Engineering Magazine, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 33-37, 2011.
- Chayko, M. "Portable communities: The social dynamics of online and mobile connectedness", Suny Press, 2008.
- Bae, J. K., & Kwon, D. S. "The Structural Relationships among Self-Determination Factors, PAD Factors, and User Satisfaction of Social Game Users", Logos Management Review, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 55-80, 2013.
- Kang, T. C., Kim, H. G., Cho, B., & Hyun, M. C. "An Empirical Study on Continuous Usage Intention towards Mobile Social Network Game", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 2104-2111, 2014.
- Lee, H. H., Kim, S. S., & Lee, M. S. "The Effect of Game Contents on User's Intention of Use in Mobile Social Network Games", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 17-26, 2015.
- Kang, M. Y., Chi, Y. S., & Park, J. W. "A Study on the Effect of Mobile Social Network Game Characteristics in Electronic Word of Mouth", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 193-202, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7583/JKGS.2014.14.5.193
- Jung, Y. H. "An Analysis on the Effects of the Perceived PB Product Quality on the Customer Satisfactions & Loyalty: The Role of Product Familiarity", Kyungpook National University Paper of Masters Degree, 2010.
- Choi., H. R. "The study of the Effect of Brand Extrinsic Cues on Perceived Quality, Perceived Risk and Purchase Intention: Focus on Brand Awareness, Store Image, Perceived Price of Sport Shoes", Kyunghee University Paper of Doctoral Degree, 2009.
- Jeong, Y. G., & Park, J. K. "A Cross - Cultural Study on the Service Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Intention of Repurchase", Journal of Marketing Management Research, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 85-125, 2001.
- Kim, Y. I. "A study on the effects of product quality's perceived factors on quality evaluations and consumer satisfactions", Chungnam National University Paper of Masters Degree, 2002.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., & Berry, L. L. "Servqual: A Multiple-Item Scale for Measuring Consumer Perceptions of Service Quality", Journal of retailing, Vol. 64, No. 1, pp. 12-40, 1988.
- Kim, H. J., & Lee, C. S. "Effects of Online Game Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 123-135, 2009.
- Ha, D. Y., & Lee, J. W. "A Study on the Effects of the Service Quality, on Trust Building and Post Purchasing Behaviors on the Real Estate Brokerage", Journal of business and economics, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 44-62, 2012.
- Choi, Y. S., Kwon, H. I., & Kim, C. B. "An Exploratory Study of On-Line Game Service Quality Factor", The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Resarch, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 223-254, 2008.
- Peng Song, Lee, J. H., & Jung, B. M. "A Study on the Influence of Flow, User Satisfaction and Loyalty by the Smart Phone Games' Attributes", The e-Business Studies, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 277-296, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.15.3.201406.277
- Lee, S. J., & Yu, J. H. "A causal model among self-determination, career stress, career barriers, and career decision level of female college students in Korea", The Journal of Asian Women, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 35-64, 2009.
- Ryan, R. M., & Deci, E. L. "Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and well-being", American psychologist, Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 68-78, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.55.1.68
- Deci, E. L., & Ryan, R. M. "Intrinsic motivation and self-determination in human behavior", New York and London: Plenum, 1985.
- Kim, A. Y. "Validation of taxonomy of academic Motivation based on the self-determination theory", Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 169-187, 2002.
- Gagne, M., & Deci, E. L. "Self‐determination theory and work motivation", Journal of Organizational behavior, Vol. 26. No. 4, pp. 331-362, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.322
- Bandura, A. "Self-efficacy: toward a unifying theory of behavioral change", Psychological review, Vol. 84, No. 2, pp. 191-215, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Standage, M., Duda, J. L., & Ntoumanis, N. "A model of contextual motivation in physical education: Using constructs from self-determination and achievement goal theories to predict physical activity intentions", Journal of educational psychology, Vol. 95, No. 1, pp. 97-110, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06220.127.116.11
- Kim, Y. H., Patrick Park., & Jeon, S. Y. "Structural analysis of online social networks: focusing on Cyworld ilchon Network", Informatization Policy, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 167-185, 2006.
- Jeong, Y. S., & Jeong, D. Y. "Study on impact factors and cognitive dissonance after the acceptance of acceptance of the mobile app(APP)", 2012 The Korea Society of Management information Systems co Proceedings, pp. 665-669, 2012.
- Kwon, D. S., & Kim, J. H. "An Effects of Self- Determination Theory on Social Presence in Online Community", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 81-94, 2011.
- Lee, K. Y., & Kim, E. H. "Characteristics of QR code ad and its effects on usage satisfaction and consumers' behavior as a commercial communication tool", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 103-124, 2011.
- Youm, D. S., Yu, S. Y. "Strategy on the Use Behavior of LBA Technology on Smart Phones: With the Focus on Use Motives, Benefits and Cost Factors", International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 9, No. 22, pp. 14431-14444, 2014.