- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Factors Affecting Marital Satisfaction among Vietnamese Female Marriage Immigrants
베트남여성결혼이민자의 결혼만족감 영향요인 연구
- Kim, Yoen-Soo (Dept. of Social Welfare, Baekseok University)
- 김연수 (백석대학교 사회복지학부)
- Received : 2016.09.30
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
This study aims to examine which factors affect marital satisfaction among Vietnamese marriage immigrants focusing on the demographic background, social support, self-efficacy, and acculturation related variables. Purposive sampling was conducted for the study and 201 Vietnamese marriage immigrants participated in the self-administered questionnaire survey through Seoul, Gyeonggi, and Chungcheong area's social service agencies. The results of 4 step hierarchical multiple regression analysis indicated that the age of woman's husband(
Vietnamese Marriage Immigrants;Marital Satisfaction;Social Support;Acculturative Stress;Multicultural Family
Supported by : 백석대학교
- Korean Statistical Information Service, 2014 The State of Marriage and Divorce from http://www.kostat.go.kr, 2015.
- Ministry of Justice, Korea Immigration Service Monthly Immigration Report from http://www.immigration.go.kr, 2014, 5.
- H. J. Kim, "Cross-border marriages between Vietnamese woman and Korean man: The reality and problem." East Asia Study, Vol, 52, pp. 219-254, 2007.
- D. H. Seol & G. S. Lee, "Family resource, marital satisfaction, divorce proneness in international marriage couples in Korea." Community Studies, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 117-147, 2011.
- J. O. Ham & I. J. Cho, "The effeacts of acculturative, psychological, and social factors on marital satisfaction in married immigrant women in Jeonbuk area." Family and Culture, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 65-97, 2012. https://doi.org/10.21478/family.24.3.201209.003
- M. J. Kim, & D. M. Yeum, "A meta-analysis of the effects on marital satisfaction of the married immigrant women." Social Science Research Revies, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 1-25, 2015.
- T. N. Bradbury, F. D. Fincham, & S. R. H. Beach, "Research on the nature and determinants of marital satisfaction: A decade in review." Journal of Marriage and the Family, Vol. 62, pp. 964-980, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1741-3737.2000.00964.x
- S. Y. Chung & H. M. Yoon, "Marriage-based immigrant woman in Chungbuk province and their marital satisfaction." Journal of Human Ecology, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 37-49, 2007.
- Y. S. Kim, "A study on the marital happiness among female marriage immigrant in Seoul." Korean Journal of Family Social Work, Vol. 21, pp. 217-252, 2007.
- S. J. Lee, Y. S. Park, & J. Y. Song, "The effects of acculturative stress on marital satisfaction of immigrant women who married to Korean." Social Science Research Review, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 1-25, 2014.
- S. M. Yang, & H. S. Chung, "Variables affecting the adjustment of marital life and satisfaction of international marriage couple of rural in Korea." Journal of Family RelationS, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 223-252, 2006.
- B. S. Kwon, & B. H. Cha, "The impact of communication and cultural identity on marital satisfaction among Kosian housewives in rural area." Korean Journal of Social Welfare, Vol. 58, No. 3, pp. 109-134, 2006.
- P. L. Dalgas-Pelish, "The impact of the first child on marital happiness." Journal of the advanced nursing, Vol. 18, pp. 437-441, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1993.18030437.x
- H. S. Kim, H. J. Kim, & J. H. Oh, "The determinants of marital quality among married immigrant women in Korea: The importance of life stress and social support." Korea Journal of Population Studies, Vol. 34, No.1, pp. 27-51, 2011.
- O. N. Kim, "A study on marital conflicts and abuse of immigrant women-focusing on socio-cultural variable." Korean Journal of Family Social Work, Vol. 18, pp. 33-76, 2006.
- W. R. Schumm, L. A. Paff-Bergen, R. C. Harch, F. C. Obirah, J. M. Copeland, L. D. Meens, & M. A. Bugaighis. "Concurrent and discriminant validity of Kansas marital satisfaction scale." Journal of Marriage and the Family, Vol. 48, pp. 381-387, 1986. https://doi.org/10.2307/352405
- Hyun-Sun. Park, "The school resilience of Korean adolescents in poverty." Ph. D. dissertation, Seoul National University, 1998.
- G. D. Zimmet, N. W. Dahlem, S. G. Zimmet, & G. K. Farley, "The multidementional scale of perceived social support." Journal of Personality Assessment, Vol. 52, pp. 30-41, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa5201_2
- Y. S. Kim, "Development of an acculturation scale for female marriage immigrants in Korea." The Women's Studies, Vol. 81, No. 2, pp. 103-146, 2011.
- Sandhu, D. S., & Asrabadi, B. R., "Development of acculturative stress scale for international students: Preliminary findings." Psychological Reports, Vol. 75, pp. 435-448, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.19188.8.131.525
- J. Y. Ha, & J. Y. Kim, "Factors influencing depression in married immigrant women in Korea." Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 254-264, 2103. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2013.19.4.254