- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The influence of attitudes toward culture and experiences of cultural exchanges on the multi-cultural awareness in health science college students
보건계열 대학생의 문화 태도, 문화 교류가 다문화 인식에 미치는 영향
- Byun, Soung-Won (Dept. of Nursing, Ansan University) ;
- Kim, Sin-Hyang (Dept. of Nursing, Graduate School of Chung-Ang University) ;
- Park, Si-Hyun (Dept. of Nursing, Inha University)
- Received : 2016.09.28
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
The purpose of current study was to examine how the attitudes toward culture and the experiences of cultural exchanges could influence on the multi-cultural awareness in health science college students in South Korea. Convenience sampling was conducted for data collection; thus, total 407 health science college students of
Multi-culturalism;Education;Attitude;Exchange;Awareness of multi-culturalism
- The Ministry of Public Administration and Security, "Statistics on Foreign Residents by Local Government in 2015.", 2015.
- J. W. Han, "A The regionalization process of the immigrants in Wongok-dong, Ansan-city.", Korea National University of Education Chung-buk, KOREA, 2008.
- O. H. Ahn, S. S. Baek, J. S. Kim, "Cultural Competency by Multicultural Experiences of Nursing College Students. Journal of the Korean Society for Multicultural Health.", Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 19-26, 2012.
- K. I. Kim, J. Y. Park, "Cultural Difference impact on the ERP System Implemention.", ITEC Convergence Society for SMB Vol. 6, No. 2, pp.1-9, 2016.
- M. S. Jung, "Current status and problems of healthcare-related multi-cultural policy in Korea from nursing's point of view.", Perspectives in Nursing Science, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 1-20, 2009.
- E. J. Goh, "Relevance of stress for cultural adaptation, domestic violence, social support, self-esteem and post-traumatic stress to psychological health of female migrants through international marriage.", Graduate School of Education, Chonnam National University, 2009.
- D. H. Lee, "Polymer Society of Korea Home page", http://www.polymer.or.kr (July 14, 2003)
- M. J. Kim, T. I. KIm, Y. J. Kwon, "A Study about Cultural Sensitivity and Stereotype about Immigrant Women among general hospital nurses in Chungcheong University.", Journal of the Korea Academia- Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 1334-1344, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1334
- J. H. Kim, "A Study about Cultural Sensitivity and Stereotype about Immigrant Women among Nursing Students.", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 7, pp. 303-314, 2014.
- K. H. Kim, E. K. Lee, J. S. Kim, "Cognition of Multicultural Families in Hospital Nurses.", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 3049-3058, 2011.
- J. Y. Seo, G. Choi, "The Multicultural Awareness and Need for Multicultural Education of Nursing Students.", Journal of the Korean Society for Multicultural Health, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 25-32, 2012.
- N. Y. Lee, E. N. Lee, E. Y. Park, "The Attitudes of Nurses Toeard Multi-cultural Families.", J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Edu Vol. 19 No. 2, 241-250, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.241
- M. S. Lim, "A Study on Daycare Teachers' Perception of Multicultural Family.", Department of Family Welfare and Housing Environment, The Graduate School of Chung-Ang University, 2010.
- S. Y. Choi, "A Study on the Development of Cultural Competence Measure for Helping Professions.", Journal of Community Welfare, Vol. 35, No. 12. 1. pp. 23-53, 2010.
- J. Y. Lim," Perception ans Self Efficiency Esteem of the Multi Culture Among the Adolescents.", Department of Home Economic, The Graduate School of Kyung Hee University, 2009.
- L. H. Kim, S. Y. Lim, "Relationships between multicultural awareness, multicultural attituee and multicultural efficacy among nursing students.", Journal of Multicultural Education Studies, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 169-184, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14328/MES.2014.12.31.169
- M. S. Lim, J. Y. Park, "A Study on Daycare Teachers' Perceptions of Multicultural Families.", Family and Environment Research, Vol. 47, No. 7, pp. 25-37, 2011.
- H. R. Han, J. Y. Park, O. J. Chang, "A Study on Elementary School Teachers' Perception of Multicultural Familiy.", Journal of Kerean Practical Arts Education, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 169-196, 2010. https://doi.org/10.17055/jpaer.2010.16.4.169
- M. E. Kwon, M. J. Kwon, M. A. Lee, "A Study on Multicultural Experiences, Perceptions and Teacher Efficacy of Pre-service Special Education Teachers", Special Education Research, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 5-25, 2012.
- J. C. Kim, B. S. Jang, "A Study on Elementary Pre-service Teachers' Multicultural Attitude and Efficacy", Theory and Research in Citizenship Education, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 39-60, 2010.
- E. Y. Lee, K. H. Shon, "An analysis of research trends related with job stress in nursing", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 87-95, 2015.
- K. S. Kim, M. Yu, "The Influencing Factors associated Cultural Awareness of Immigrants for Marriage, Foreign Workers in Korean Nursing Students.", Koewan J Adult Nurs, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 531-539, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.5.531