- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Impact of Virtual Reality Based Neuromuscular Postural Control Fusion Training on Balance Ability and Jump Performance of Soccer Players with Functional Ankle Instability
가상현실 기반 자세조절 융합 훈련이 기능적 발목 불안정성 축구선수들의 균형과 점프에 미치는 영향
- Yang, Dae-Jung (Sehan University) ;
- Park, Seung-Kyu (Sehan University) ;
- Uhm, Yo-Han (Sehan University)
- Received : 2016.08.24
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
In this study, we examined the impact on balance ability and jump performance of soccer players with functional ankle instability using virtual reality based neuromuscular posture control fusion training. Soccer players were divided into 15 people of virtual reality-based neuromuscular posture control fusion training group and 15 people of common treadmill training group and performed for 30 minutes three times a week for 8 weeks. In order to evaluate the balance of ability, using biorescue, it measured surface area, whole path length, limit of stability. In order to measure jump performance, it measured counter movement jump with arm swing and standing long jump. The results showed the statistically significant difference in the balance comparison of surface area, whole path length, limited of stability and the jump performance comparison of counter movement jump with arm swing, standing long jump. As a result, virtual reality-based neuromuscular posture control fusion training was found to be more effective to improve its balance ability and jump performance than common treadmill training.
Virtual reality;Funtional ankle instability;Soccer plyer;Balance;Jump
Supported by : Sehan university
- H. C. Kim, Y. J. Kim, "A research into injuries to taekwondo trainees during exercise", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp.415-430, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.415
- J. M. Hootman, R. Dick, J. Age, "Epidemi ology of collegiate injuries for 15 sports: summary and recommendations for injury prevention initiatives". J Athl Train, Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 311-319, 2007.
- E. G. Meyer & R. C. Haut, "The effect of impact angle on knee tolerance to rigid impacts", Stapp Car Crash J, Vol. 47, pp. 1-19, 2003.
- T. J. Hubbard & J. Hertel, "Mechanical contribution to chronic ankle instability", Journal of sports medicine, Vol. 36, pp. 263-277, 2006. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200636030-00006
- J. N. Hertel, "Functional instability follow ing la teral ankle sprain", Sports medicine, Vol. 29, pp. 361-367, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200029050-00005
- V. Valderrabano, A. Wiewiorski, Frigg, "Chr onic ankle instability", Unfallchirurg, Vol. 100, No. 8, pp. 691-700, 2007.
- Hertel J, "Functional anatomy, pathomechanics, and pathophysiology of lateral ankle instability", J Athl Train, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 364-375, 2002.
- E. I. Eils & D. Rosenbaum, "A multi-station proprio ceptive exercise program in patients with ankle instability", Med Sci Sports Exerc, Vol. 33. No. 12, pp. 1991-1998, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-200112000-00003
- H. Tropp, "Commentary: functional ankle in stability revisited", J Athl Train, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 512-515, 2002.
- A. S. Buchana, C. L. Docherty, J. Schrader, "Functional performance testing in particpants with functional ankle instability and in a healthy control group", Journal of athletic training, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 342, 2008. https://doi.org/10.4085/1062-6050-43.4.342
- T. Paillard & F. Noe, Riviere, "Postural perfor mance and strategy in the unipedal stance of soccer players at different levels of competition", Journal of athletic training, Vol. 41, No. 2, pp. 172, 2006.
- M. S. Song, T. W. Kang, S. M. Kim, "Effects mechanical horseback riding training on trunk control and balance function in stroke patients", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp.487-494, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.487
- M. K. Jeong, D. W. Oh, "Effects of 12 week balance training with visual feedback on balance and walking functions in patients with chronic stroke", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp.537-544, 2013.
- P. Boucher, N. Teasdale, R. Courte manche, Postural stability in diabetic polyneuropathy, Diabetes Care, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 638-645, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.18.5.638
- P. A. Gribble, J. Hertel, O. Plisky, "Using the Star Excursion Balance Test to assess dynamic postural-control deficits and outcomes in lower extremity injury: a literature and systematic review", Journal of athletic training, Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 338-357, 2012.
- T. A. Mcguine, "Balance as a predictor of ankle injuries in high school basketball player", Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, Vol. 10. No. 4, pp. 239-244, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1097/00042752-200010000-00003
- T. .M Willems, E. Witvrouw, K. Delbaere, "In trinsic risk factors for inversion ankle sprains in male subjects: a prospective study", American Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 415-423, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546504268137
- Y. H. Lee, "The effects of cycle strength training on lower extremity muscle and balance in football player." dissertation, Graduate school of education, Chosun university. 2014.
- M. J. Adrian & J. M. Cooper, "The biome chnics of human movement. Indiana: Benchmark press", 1989.
- J. J. Winnick, J. M. Davis, R. S. Welsh, "Carbo hydrate feeding during team sport exercise preserve physical and CNS function", Med Sci Sports Exerc, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 306-315, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000152803.35130.A4
- Y. K. Yu, W. S. Song, Y. S. Jung, "The effects of complex training on leg muscular power and maximum strength in university basketball player following 6 weeks", Korean journal of physical eduaction, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 405-414, 2005.
- L. Z. Chiu, G. J. Salem, "Pelvic kinematic method for determining vertical jump height, J Appl Biomech, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 508-511", 2010.
- S. B. Brotzman, R. .C Manske, K. Dauh erty, "Clinical orthopaedic rehabilitation: an evidence-based approach, 3th edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier Health Science", 2011.
- S. J. Han, "Kinetical analysis of standing broad jump movement of male students by development." dissertation, Graduate school of Korea national university of education. 2012.
- M. A. Garstecki, R. W. Latin, M. M. Cup pett, "Comparison of selected physical fitness and performance variables between NCAA Division I and II football players", The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 292-297, 2004.
- G. Markovic, "Does plyometric training im prove vertical jump height? A meta analytical review", British journal of sports medicine, Vol. 41, No. 6, pp. 349-355, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2007.035113
- M. D. Jakobsen, E. Sundstrup, M. B. Randers, "The effect of strength training, recreational soccer and running exercise on stretch-shortening cycle muscle performance during countermovement jumping", Human move -ment science, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 970-986, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humov.2011.10.001
- G. Markovic, D. Dizdar, I. Jukic, "Reli ability and factorial validity of squat and counter movement jump tests", The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 551-555, 2004.
- G. Y. Oh, "A kinetical comparative ana lysis of male and female middle school student' standing broad jump movements." dissertation, Graduate school of Korea national university of education. 2012.
- J. H. Kim, S. Y. Kim, "Effects of Neuro feedback training on Unilateral neglect and Depression in patients with stroke", Applied Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9. pp. 361-368, 2015.
- K. H. Lee & K. C. Hwang, "Virtual reality training program using computer human interface for recovery of upper extremity use in stroke patients", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp.285-290, 2016.
- S. H. Jang, H. S. Bang, B. O. Jung. "The effects of home based exercise program on balance recovery in a post-stroke population", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 7, pp.297- 304, 2014.
- M. J. Kim, "Research trends in rehabilitation program for disabled applying virtual reality technology in korea", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp.381-391, 2015.
- G. D. Myer, K. R. Ford, S. G. McLean, "The effects of plyometric versus dynamic stabilization and balance training on lower extremity biomechanics", The American journal of sports medicine, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 445-55, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546505281241
- D. T. Fong, Y. Hong, L. K. Chan, "A systematic review on ankle injury and ankle sprain in sports", Sports Med, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 73-94, 2007. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200737010-00006
- R. M. Van Riji, A. G. Van Os, R. M. Bernsen, "What is the clinical couse of acute sprain? a sysematic literature review", The American Journal of Medicine, Vol. 121, No. 4, pp. 324-331, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2007.11.018
- D. S. Van, F. F. Staes, K. H. Stappaerts, "Relationship of chronic ankle instability to muscle activation patterns during the transition from double-leg to single-leg stance", Am J Sports Med, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 274-81. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546506294470
- C. Hrysomallis, "Balance ability and athl etic performance", Sports Med, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 221-232, 2011. https://doi.org/10.2165/11538560-000000000-00000
- S. W. Linens, S. E. Ross, B. L. Arnold, "Postural stability tests that identify individuals with chrinic ankle instability", J Athl Train, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 15-23, 2014. https://doi.org/10.4085/1062-6050-48.6.09
- M. De Haart, A. C. Geurts, I. J. van Nes, "A review of standing balance recovery from stroke", Gait Posture, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 267-281, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2004.10.002
- H. B. Menz, M. E. Morris, S. R. Lord, "Foot and ankle characteristics associat with impaired balance and functional ability in older people", J Geron A Biol Sci Med Sci, Vol. 60, No. 12. pp. 1546-52, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/60.12.1546
- S. D. Davis, D. A. Briscoe, C. T. Mark owski, "Physical characteristics that predict vertical jump performance in recreational male athletes", Physical Therapy in Sport, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 167-174, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1466-853X(03)00037-3
- I. S. Jeong, J. S. Kim, C. H. Oh, "A biomechanical analysis on the action of volleyball vertical jumping performance", JKSSPE, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 131-143, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15831/JKSSPE.2015.19.4.131
- D. H. Yun, "Contributing factors to vertical jumps of male middle school students." dissertation, Graduate school Chonnam National university. 2013.
- D. Gehring, K. Faschian, B. Lauber, "Me chanical instability destabilises the ankle joint directly in the ankle sprain mechanism", Br J Sports Med, Vol. 48, pp. 377-382, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2013-092626
- S. C. Yang, "Effect of the simple and integrated lower extremity strength training on the balance for the ankle stability of the middle and high school Male basketball players." dissertation, Graduate school of Korea national university. 2016.
- Y. J. Kim, "A study on the ankle joint strength, proprioceptive and balance ability of national taekwondo demonstration players with chronic functional ankle instability." dissertation, Graduate school of Korea national sports university. 2016.
- M. K. Lee, "Effects of neuromuscular training on postural control and functional performance in functional ankle instability soccer player." dissertation, Graduate school of Sehan university. 2014.
- Herpin G, Gauchard GC, Lion A, "Sensori motor specificities in balance control of expert fencers and pistol shooters", J Electromyogr Kinesiol, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 162-169, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelekin.2009.01.003
- A. I. Filipa, R. Byrnes, M. V. Paterno, "Neuro muscular training improves perfor mance on the star excursion balance test in young female athletes", Journal of Orthopedic Sports Physio Therapy, Vol. 40, No. 9, pp. 551-558, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2010.3325
- S. E. Kang, J. H. Shim, S. D. Choung, "The convergence study on the effects of three pelvic floor muscle som exercise on thickness of pelvic floor muscle and abdominal muscle.", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 105-111, 2016.
- W. S. Ahn, "Kinetic, kinematic symmetr y comparison of ankle instability patient and healthy during vertical jumping." disser tation, Graduate school of Daegu Catholic university. 2013.
- M. Terada, B. Pietrosimone, P. A. Gribble, "Individuals with chronic ankle instability exhibit altered landing knee kinematics: potential link with the mechanism of loading for the anterior cruciate ligament", Clinical Biomechanics, Vol. 29, pp. 1125-1130, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2014.09.014
- K. J. Kim, "Effects of virtual reality training program with functional ankle instability." dissertation, Graduate school of Dongshin university. 2015.
- S. Y. Chun, "The effect of proprio ceptive exercise program on motor function of lower limb in male soccer players with functional ankle instability." dissertation, Graduate school of Korea national sports university. 2009.
- J. H. Kim, & Y. H. Uhm, Effect of Ankle Stabilization Training Using Bio feedback on Balance Ability and Lower Limb Muscle Activity in Football Players with Functional Ankle Instability, J Kor Phys Ther, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 189-194, 2016. https://doi.org/10.18857/jkpt.2016.28.3.189
- J. C. Byun, "The converge effects of long-term weight-bearing exercise on lumbar, femur neck BMD and body compositions in person with intellectual disabilities and normal men", Journal of the Korea Convergency Society, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 101-107, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.101