- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Real-time Plane Estimation in Virtual Reality Using a RGB-D Camera in Indoors
RGB-D 카메라를 이용한 실시간 가상 현실 평면 추정
- Yi, Chuho (ADAS Business Department, LG Electronics) ;
- Cho, Jungwon (Department of Computer Education, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2016.09.30
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
In the case of robot and Argument Reality applications using a camera in environments, a technology to estimate planes is a very important technology. A RGB-D camera can get a three-dimensional measurement data even in a flat which has no information of the texture of the plane;, however, there is an enormous amount of computation in order to process the point-cloud data of the image. Furthermore, it could not know the number of planes that are currently observed as an advance, also, there is an additional operation required to estimate a three dimensional plane. In this paper, we proposed the real-time method that decides the number of planes automatically and estimates the three dimensional plane by using the continuous data of an RGB-D camera. As experimental results, the proposed method showed an improvement of approximately 22 times faster speed compared to processing the entire data.
RGBD camera;RANSAC;Plane detection;Plane estimation;Virtual reality
Supported by : 제주대학교
- C. Roh and W. Na, "Acceleration sensor, and embedded system using location-aware," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol.3, No.2, pp.51-56, 2013
- B. Chung and W. Na, "A Study on the Smart Fire Detection System using the Wireless Communication," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol.6, No.3, pp.37-41, 2016
- J. Han, "Color and Brightness Calibration Convergence Technology for 5D Virtual Reality Attractions," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 1, pp. 25-30, 2016
- B. Kang and K. Lee, "Fire Alarm Solutions Through the Convergence of Image Processing Technology and M2M," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 1, pp. 37-42, 2016 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.037
- K. Orland, "News - Microsoft Announces Windows Kinect SDK For Spring Release," Gamasutra, March 16, 2011.
- R. El-Laithy, J. Huang, and M. Yeh, "Study on the use of Microsoft Kinect for robotics applications," 2012 IEEE/ION Position Location and Navigation Symposium (PLANS), 2012.
- J. Yoon, "A Motion Capture and Mapping System: Kinect Based Human-Robot Interaction Platform," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 12, pp. 8563-8567, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8563
- D. Holz, S. Holzer, R. B. Rusu, and S. Behnke, "Real-time Plane Segmentation using RGB-D Camera," RoboCup Symposium, 2011.
- P. Kovesi, MATLAB and Octave Functions for Computer Vision and Image Processing, From: http://www.peterkovesi.com/matlabfns/
- S.-W. Jang and M.-H. Huh, "Target Object Detection Based on Robust Feature Extraction," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 12, pp. 7302-7308, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.12.7302
- R. Hartley and A. Zisserman, "Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision," pp 101-113, Cambridge University Press, 2001.
- G. Y. Kim and S. M. Son, "Realistic 3D model generation of a real product based on 2D-3D registration," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp. 5385-5391, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.5385
- L. Rokach and O. Maimon, "Clustering methods," Data mining and knowledge discovery handbook, Springer US, pp. 321-352, 2005.
- S.-W. Jang, H.-J. Choi, and M.-H. Huh, "Segmentation of Target Objects Based on Feature Clustering in Stereoscopic Images," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 4807-4813, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.10.4807
- M. Fishler and R. Boles, "Random sample concensus: A paradigm for model fitting with applications to image analysis and automated cartography," Comm. Assoc. Comp, Mach., Vol 24, No 6, pp. 381-395, 1981.
- Guide, MATLAB User'S, "The mathworks," Inc., Natick, MA 5, 1998.
- Y.-S. Heo, J.-G. Kim, J.-M. Kim, B.-M. Kwon, and H.-J. Song, "Prediction and Analysis of Photovoltaic Modules's Output using MATLAB," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 11, No. 8, pp. 2963-2967, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.8.2963
- F. Cornelissen, P. Enno, and J. Palmer, "The Eyelink Toolbox: eye tracking with MATLAB and the Psychophysics Toolbox," Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, & Computers 34.4, pp. 613-617, 2002. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03195489