- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of a System to Detect Zigzag Driving using Sensor
센서를 이용한 사행 운전 검출 시스템 설계 및 구현
- Jeong, Seon-Mi (Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Gea-Hee (Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Mun, Hyung-Jin (Division of Information and Communication Engineering, Baekseok University) ;
- Kim, Chang-Geun (Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2016.09.30
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
Even though automakers have actively been conducting studies on autonomous navigation thanks to the development and application of wireless Internet technology, the traffic accident has been kept unsolved. The causes of the accident are drowsy driving, a mistake of a driver, environmental factors, and a wrong road structure; Driving manner and characteristics of a driver among the causes are significantly influential for the accident. In this paper, a study to measure characteristics of zigzag driving that can be seen before an occurrence of an accident regarding traffic accidents that can be incurred while driving manually or autonomously was conducted. While existing studies measured zigzag driving based on characteristics of the change of lateral angular velocity by imaging techniques or driving manner on the first and second lane, this study proceeded to measure zigzag driving by setting a lateral moving distance and a critical value range by utilizing the value of a sensor.
Zigzag Driving;Accelerometer Sensor;Direction Sensor;Accident;Autonomous Navigation
- Hye G. Park, Hyong G. Lee and Soon H. Kwon, "Design of Autonomous Navigation Systems based on Wireless Networks", Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 435-440, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2012.22.4.435
- Hee Chang Moon, Hoon Je Woo and Jung Ha Kim, "Development of System Architecture and Communication Protocol for Unmanned Ground Vehicle", Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems Vol. 14, No.9, pp.873-880, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2008.14.9.873
- KwangOh Cho, JongDuck Moon, "Direction for Support of MOTIE R&D in Autonomous Driving Vehicle", Journal of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 36, No. 7, pp. 20-25, 2014. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2014.36.1.20
- J. Y. Song, J. W. Park, K. Y. Jhang, J. W. Lee, I. S. Chang, "The Detection of Traffic Lanes and the Distance to The Forward Vehicle using the Machine Vision", Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 310-320, 1999.
- L. N. Boyle and F. Mannering, "Impact of traveler advisory systems on driving speed: some new evidence", Transportation Research Part C12, vol. 12, pp. 57-72, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2003.09.001
- Gea-Hee Kim, Seon-Mi Jeong, Hyungjin Mun, Chang-Geun Kim, "Design of Curve Road Detection System by Convergence of Sensor", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 253-259, 2016.
- Jung-Mo Yang, Jeong-Ho Kim, "A Study on the Enhancement of Network Survivability through Smart Sensor Technologies Convergence", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 269-276, 2016.
- P. Li, X. Huang, Y. Fang, P. Lin, "Optimal placement of gateways in Vehicular Networks", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 56, No. 6, pp. 3421-3430, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2007.907230
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, "Road Disign Standards: Chapter 9", 2012.
- M. Eriksson and N. P. Papanikolopoulos, "Driver fatigue:a vision-based approach to automatic diagnosis", Transportation Research Part C9, Vol. 9, pp. 399-413, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0968-090X(00)00045-0
- Q. Ji, Z. zhu and P. Lan, "Real time and non-intrusive driver fatigue monitoring", In 7th IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 4, 1052-1068, 2004.
- J. D. Wu and T. R. Chen, "Development of a drowsiness warning system based on the fuzzy logic images analysis", Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 34, pp. 1556-1561, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2007.01.019
- J. Wang, W. Xu and Y. Gong, "Real-time driving danger-level prediction", Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 23, pp. 1247-1254, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engappai.2010.01.001
- N. Sharma and V. K. Banga, "Drowsiness arning system using artificial intelligence", World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 67, pp. 850-852, 2010.
- Hee-Sub Rim, Eun-Bi Jeong, Cheol Oh, Kyeong-Pyo Kang, "Detection of Unsafe Zigzag Driving Maneuvers using a Gyro Sensor", Review of KITS, Vol. 22, No 1, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 42-54, 2011.