- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Reuse of Input Queue Item Towards Economical Agile Reuse
절약형 애자일 재사용을 향한 입력 대기열 항목의 재사용
- Kim, Ji-Hong (Dept. of Computer Engineering, College of IT, Gachon University)
- 김지홍 (가천대학교 IT대학 컴퓨터공학과)
- Received : 2016.09.29
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
The aim of the study is to combine software reuse with agile methods through reuse in the early stage of agile development. Although agile methods and software reuse have different practices and principles, these methods have common goals, such as reducing development time and costs and improving productivity. Both approaches are expected to serve as viable solutions to the demand for fast development or embracing requirement changes in the rapidly changing environments. In the present paper, we identify economical agile reuse and its type and study a reuse technique for input queue in Kanban board at the early stage of hybrid agile methods. Based on our results, we can integrate software reuse with agile methods by backlog factoring for input queue item in the hybrid Scrum and Kanban method. The proposed technique can be effectively applied to e-class applications and can reuse the input queue items, showing the combination of the two approaches. With this study, we intend to contribute to reuse in the early stage of agile development. In the future, we plan to develop a software tool for economical agile reuse.
Software Engineering;Software Reuse;Scrum;Kanban;Agile Methods
- R. Carbon, M. Lindvall, D. Muthig, P. Costa, "Integrating product line engineering and agile methods: flexible design up-front vs. incremental design", 1st International Workshop on Agile Product Line Engineering(APLE06), 2006.
- Kircher, M., Hofman, P., "Combining Systematic Reuse with Agile Development Experience Report", Proceedings of the 16th International Software Product Line Conference-Volume 1. ACM, pp.215-219, 2012.
- Mahnic, V., "Improving Software Development through Combination of Scrum and Kanban". Recent Advances in Computer Engineering, Communications and Information Technology, Espanha, 2014.
- Ahmad, M. O., Kuvaja, P., Oivo, M., & Markkula, J., "Transition of software maintenance teams from Scrum to Kanban", Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), 2016.
- Ian Sommerville, "Software Engineering, 10th Ed.", pp.75-76, 425-428, Pearson, 2016.
- Shari L. Pfleeger, Joanne M. Atlee, "Software Engineering 4th Ed.", pp.627-636, Pearson, 2010.
- Hee-Soo Kim, Hae-Sool Yang, "A study on the utilizing of automation migration tool through existing system reuse of enterprise", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp.317-327, 2014.
- D.H. Kim, Koh Chan, D.S. Kim, H.W. Kim, "A Study on the Agile-based Information System Audit Model", The Journal of Digital Policy and Management, Vol. 11, No. 8, pp.95-108, 2013.
- Campanelli, A. S., "A Model for Agile Method Tailoring", Projetos e Dissertacoes em Sistemas de Informacao e Gestao do Conhecimento, 2014.
- Klaus Pohl, van der Linden F., "Software Product Line Engineering", pp.13-14, Springer, 2005.
- Ji-Hong Kim, "Backlog Factoring : Extension of Task Factoring for Reuse in Scrum Method", The Journal of Digital Policy and Management, Vol. 10, No. 10, pp.339-345, 2012.
- Tian K., Cooper K., "Agile and software product line methods: Are they so different?", 1st international workshop on agile product line engineering, 2006.
- MyounJae Lee, "A Game Design for IoT environment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp.133-138, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.133
- Seong-Hoon Lee, Dong-Woo Lee, "Actual Cases for Smart Fusion Industry based on Internet of Thing", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp.1-6, 2016.
- Dhakshinamoorthy R., Thirunavukarasu S., "Turbo Charging IoT Projects with Agile Scrum Methodology", http://www.tcs.com, 2016.
- Uyeong Jeong, Youngkwan Ju, Joongnam Jeon, "A Porting Technique of WiFi Device on Android Platform", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.51-58, 2012.
- B. Speckmann, "The Android mobile platform", Master Thesis, Eastern Michigan University, 2008.
- Jin-Soo Park, Jang-Jin Kwon, Jang-Eui Hong, Min Choi, "Software Architecture Recovery for Android Application Reuse", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp.9-17, 2013.
- Ruiz, I. J. M., Nagappan, M., Adams, B., Hassan, A. E., "Understanding reuse in the android market". Program Comprehension (ICPC), IEEE 20th International Conference, IEEE, 2012.
- Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland, "Software in 30 days", p.61, Wiley, 2012.
- Kniberg, H., & Skarin, M., "Kanban and Scrum-making the most of both", pp.16, Lulu.com, 2010.
- Anderson, D. J., "Kanban: successful evolutionary change for your technology business", Blue Hole Press, 2010.
- Ladas, C., "Scrumban-essays on kanban systems for lean software development", Lulu.com, 2009.
- Wang, X., Conboy, K., & Cawley, O.,""Leagile" software development: An experience report analysis of the application of lean approaches in agile software development", Journal of Systems and Software, 85(6), pp.1287-1299, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2012.01.061
- Diaz, J., Perez, J., Yague, A., & Garbajosaz, J., "Tailoring the Scrum Development Process to Address Agile Product Line Engineering", Proceedings of Jornadas de Ingenieria del Software y base de Datos, 2011.
- Martini, A., Pareto, L., Bosch, J., "Enablers and Inhibitors for Speed with Reuse", Proceedings of the 16th International Software Product Line Conference-Volume 1, ACM, pp.116-125, 2012.
- Martini, A., Pareto, L., Bosch, J., "Communication factors for speed and reuse in large scale agile software development", Proceedings of the 17th international software product line conference, ACM, pp.42-51, 2013.
- da Silva, I. F., Neto, P. A. D. M. S., O'Leary, P., de Almeida, E. S., & de Lemos Meira, S. R., "Using a multi-method approach to understand Agile software product lines", Information and Software Technology, pp.527-542, 2015.