- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of Response type of Flickering Green Signal System using Beacon Message
비콘메세지를 이용한 반응형 녹색점멸 신호시스템 설계 및 구현
- An, Hyo-In (Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Mun, Hyung-Jin (Division of Information and Communication Engineering, Baekseok University) ;
- Kim, Chang-Geun (Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2016.09.30
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
As a domestic traffic control signal system, either the system with which a traffic signal turns into green at regular intervals or the system with which an amber or a red signal flickers on local roads without heavy traffic at midnight has been utilized. However, when the former system is used for roads with light traffic at midnight, delays and congestion can be incurred. Besides, in case of the latter signal system, the risk of vehicle crash is high. This study proposes a response type of flickering green signal system that rearranges signal system after analyzing beacon messages including sensor data. The proposed system, on a trunk road or a branch road at midnight, makes the signal keep flickering in green; When a vehicle enters the range of RSE, the transfer coverage, it transmits beacon messages regularly and Agent System analyzes the messages and alters the signal. It is a system by which vehicles move following the altered signal system, which will not only ensure smooth flow but also prevent vehicles from crashing on a road with light traffic. As a result of a simulation, traffic throughput and the average waiting time displayed 10 to 30 percent better improvement than existing signal systems, in terms of performance.
Signal System;Response Traffic Signal;Flicker Signal;Beacon;DSRC
Supported by : Gyeongnam National University
- Seung-Soo Shin, Gyoo-Soo Chae,Tae-Hyun Lee," An Investigation Study to Reduce Security Threat in the Internet of Things Environment",Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp.31-36, 2015.
- Seong-Hoon Lee,Dong-Woo Lee,"Actual Cases for Smart Fusion Industry based on Internet of Thing", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp.1-6, 2016.
- Yong-Seo Park, Jae-Kyoung Lee, Jin-Ho Lee, Byeong-Gwon Kang,"Standardization Plans for Consolidated Implementation of ITS Technology", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 11, No. 7, pp.149-155, 2013.
- Song Y,S, ITS Service Using IoT Technology", Electronics and Telecommunications Trends. Vol. 30, No. 4, pp.174-180, 2015.
- A.G.Sims and K.W.Dobinson, "The Sydney Coordinated Adaptive Traffic (SCAT) System Philosophy and Benefits," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., Vol. 29, pp.130-137, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1109/T-VT.1980.23833
- R.Robertson and R.D.Bretherton, "Optimizing networks of traffic signals in real time-the SCOOT method," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., Vol. 40, No. 3, pp.11-15, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/25.69966
- I. Day, "Scoot-split, Cycle and Offset Optimization Technique,"Proc. of TRB committee AHB25 adaptive traffic control, 1998.
- DOI:http://www.law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=185093 & efYd=20160728#AJAX
- Matthew Gast, 802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition, O'Reilly Media, 2005.
- Oh JongTaik, United States 5.9GHz, Next Generation DSRC Frequency and Current State of Standards
- IEEE 802.11-03/0943r7: IEEE-SA Standards Board Project Authorization Request(PAR) Form(2001-Rev 1), 2004.
- Kwangjoo-Choi,"Authentication Method of ETC System on DSRC",The Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, pp.724-727, 2002.
- Kim, Hoe-Kyoung "Improvement of ATIS Model Performance under Connected Vehicle Environment ",The journal of the Korea institute of intelligent transport systems ,Vol. 11 No. 4, pp.10-18, 2012.
- Lee, Young Woo,"A Study on Estimating Route Travel Time Using Collected Data of Bus Information System",Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers,Vol. 33, No. 3, pp.1115-1122, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.3.1115