- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Scale Effort Estimation Model based on Industry Characteristics
산업별 특성에 따른 소요공수 규모 산정 모델 연구
- Kwoak, Song-Hae (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Park, Koo-Rack (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Hyun (Dept. of IT Convergence, Woosong University)
- Received : 2016.09.07
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
Information system development projects, have a mechanism for many of the costs generated by a variety of risk factors. In general, the probability that the software project of the information system is carried out successfully in the delivery time is very low. This prediction of a formal cost is needed as the most important factor since it can prevent the project from being failed. However, objectivity of most of the project scale calculation during the calculation criteria is insufficient. Further, it is the actual situation that the management of the base line is not properly made during the project. Therefore, in this paper, we propose a model to calculate the number of steps it takes to develop on the basis of a methodology in an attempt to overcome the limitation of being unpractical in the early stage of the information system development project. It is expected to be a tool to estimate the effort and cost required by the information system development business through these convergence proposals model.
- Y. J. Kim, "Convergence of Business Information System Process using Knowledge-based Method", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 65-71, 2015.
- K. H. Lee, "Analysis of Threats Factor in IT Convergence Security", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 49-55, 2010.
- K. I. Kim, "An Exploratory Study on IMS Performance Modeling Using Information System Success Model", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 127-140, 2014.
- B. S. Suh, G. H. Hwang, S. K. Kim, "A Study on the Factors Affecting the Intention to Adapt PMO in Public Sectors", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 159-169, 2014.
- K. R. Park, "A Study on Project Management System", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 305-311, 2015.
- Y. W. Seo, S. W. Chae, "A Study of Appropriateness Evaluation Method for Quality Activity Management of Software R&D Project", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 91-99, 2015.
- J. H. Ra, K. D. Choi, Y. J. Choi, S. J. Mun, "A Study on Integrated Sizing Model for Information System", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 39-47, 2007.
- S. J. Yoon, "A Study on the Auditing Inspection Model for Cost Risk Relief in the Software Development using the International Function Point", Master's Thesis, Konkuk University, 2010.
- C. Jones, and T. C. Jones, "Estimating Software Costs", McGraw-Hill, 1998.
- Y. Yokoyama, M. Kodaira, "Software cost and quality analysis by statistical approach", Proceedings of the 1998 20th International Conference on Software Engineering, Kyoto, Japan, pp. 465-467, 1998.
- J. S. Bae, J. Y. Jung, "Software Size Measurement from Information Strategy Planning with the Function Point Method", The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 153-168, 2009.
- B. W. Boehm, "Software and Its Impact : A Quantitative Assessment", Software Engineering: Barry W. Boehm's Lifetime Contributions to Software Development, Management and Research, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 91, 2007.
- F. Ahmed, S. Bouktif, A. Serhani, I. Khalil, "Integrating Function Point Project Information for Improving the Accuracy of Effort Estimation", 2nd International Conference on Advanced Engineering Computing and Applications in Sciences, pp. 193-198, 2008.
- L. Putnam, W. Myers, "Measures for excellence", Yourdon Press, 1992.
- IFPUG, "Function Point Counting Practices Manual", Release 4.1.1, International Function Point Users Group, 2000.