- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Glass Ceiling Induced Factors and Perception on Job Commitment: Focusing on the Comparison between Local Medical Practitioners and Private Medical Practitioners
승진장벽(Glass Ceiling)의 유발요인과 지각이 직무몰입에 미치는 영향 분석: 방의료원과 민간의료원의 종사자들의 비교를 중심으로
- Suh, Kyung-Do (Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- 서경도 (금오공과대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2016.09.30
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
The purpose of this study is to analyze the effect of the glass ceiling induction factors on the improvement of the job Commitment on the glass ceiling perception and to analyze the effect of the organizational Commitment on the influence of the local medical institute and private medical institute employees. Purpose. As a research method, structural equation model analysis was carried out to investigate the influence relationship of each factor. In particular, multiple group analysis was performed to analyze the difference of influence relations between public and private medical personnel. Respectively. Result, First, empirical studies on the effect of the glass ceiling inducing factors on job Commitment showed that job Commitment was influenced by stereotype and organizational culture, and the magnitude of the influence was different. Second, the employees of the room medical center were influenced by perceived promotion, job placement, education and training, reward, and job satisfaction. Third, in the hypothesis that job Commitment will be affected by the perception of glass ceiling, only the workers of the private medical center showed significant results. Based on the results of this study, it will be necessary to plan policies to improve the perception of the glass ceiling phenomenon and improve its status in order to improve the personnel and system that women workers in the medical field can enter more senior management positions.
Glass Ceiling;Job Commitment;Local Medical Center;Female Workforce;Perception
- J. E. Kim, "A Study on the Effect of Female Leadership Types on Organizational Performance: Focusing on Elementary School Female Teachers", Master Thesis, Kyung Hee University Techno Business School, 2008.
- C. H. Seol & S. D. Lee, "The Effects of Promotional Barriers Perceived by Female Employees at Tourist Hotels on Job Attitudes," Tourism Research, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp.19-42, 2006.
- Foley, S., "The Effects of the Actual and Perceived Glass Ceiling Perceptions of Promotion Fairnes"s. Doctoral Dissertation, University of Connecticut, 1998.
- Hyeon-gyu Ko, & Yoonhwan Lee, "A Study on the Influence of Organizational Capability of Investigation Police on Organizational Commitment." Digital fusion research Vol.10, No.9, pp.59-72, 2012.
- Kim, Sang - Mi, et al. "Comparison of the performance of local medical institutes and medical corporations." Digital Fusion Composite Research, Vol.11, No.11, pp. 463-470, 2013.
- Jackson, J. C, "Women Middle Managers' Perception of the Glass Ceiling", Women in Management Review. Vol. 16 No. 1, pp. 30-41,2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/09649420110380265
- Jeong Se - hee, Sohn Ahn, and Cha Yun Seok. "The Relationship between Work-home Promotion and Organizational Commitment: The Moderating Effect of Organizational Support Awareness." Digital Convergence Research Vol. 11, No.12, pp. 229-236, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.229
- Lee, Jin-woo, "A complex relationship between the degree of competition in medical institutions and business performance (centering on local medical centers)." Digital Combined Research, Vol.13, No.10, pp.405-413, 2015.
- Lee, Jin - Woo, et al. "Building Complex Healthcare Strategies through Analysis of Selection Factors of Local Medical Centers." Digital Combined Research, Vol.13, No.5, pp. 297-307, 2015.
- Locke. E. A. "The Nature and Causes Job Satisfaction in Dunnette. Handbook of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Chicago, Rand McNall, No,1, pp. 1300-1307. 1976.
- M. Y. Hong & Y. H. Woo, "Gender Differences in Promotion and Positive Discrimination for Women Officials in Local Governments," Korean Local Government Studies, Vol. 8, No, 65-87, 2007
- M. Y. Hong "A Study on the Glass Ceiling Phenomenon for Female Public Officials: A Comparative Analysis of Gender Differences", Korean Society and Administration Research, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 329-363, 2004.
- Morrison, W. & Velsor, V. Breaking the Glass Ceiling: Can oman Reach the Top of America's Largest Corporation? Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley. 1987.
- Y. M. Yoo, "A Study on the Job Satisfaction of Female Public Officials: Focusing on the Cheonan 6th and Lower Local Education Administrative Work", Master Thesis, Chungnam National University, 2003.
- Pearson, J. C. & D. M. "Serafini. Leadership Behavior and Sex Role Socialization: Two Sides of the Same Coin". Soutbern Speech Communication Journal, Vol. 3, No. 49, pp. 396-405, 1984.
- Porter, L. W., & Steers, R. M. "Organizational, Work and Personal Factors in Employee Turnover and Absenteeism". Psychological Bulletin, No. 80, pp. 151-176, 1973.
- Rahim, M. A. & Psenicka. C. "Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Effectiveness of Leader Role: A Dyadic Study in Four Countries". International Journal of Organizational Analysis, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 327-342, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb029010
- Schwepker Jr. C. H. "Ethical Climates's Relationship to Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment, and Turnover Intention in the Salesforce". Journal of Business Research, No. 54, pp. 39-52. 2001
- Still, L. V. "Breaking The Glass Ceiling: Another Perspectiv"e. Women in Management Review, Vol.7, No.5, pp. 3-8, 1992
- Wright, E. O. & Baxter, J. "The Glass Ceiling Hypothesis: A Reply to Critics". Gender and Society No. 14, pp. 814-821, 2000.