- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Exploratory Study on the Digital Aging Policies as Solutions for a Aging Society
고령화 문제의 해결법으로서 디지털 에이징 정책에 대한 탐색적 연구
- Koh, Young-Sam (Dept. of Digital Culture, National Information Society Agency)
- 고영삼 (한국정보화진흥원 디지털문화본부)
- Received : 2016.09.29
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
Aging is one of the major tasks that our country should resolve. To deal with aging problems, many countries have introduced various new concepts such as active aging, productive aging, and successful aging, well aging and anti-aging. This study suggests a new concept, digital aging, to tackle aging problems, and we use this concept to explore the new policy and policy areas for aged people. Since this concept is not well defined yet, this article focuses reviewing existing research literature. Instead of focusing the negative aspect of aging, this study investigates how to use the digital technology to build such images that the old man can be continuously learning, active and productive.
- H. K. Choi, "A Critical Review on 'New Aging' Policy Narrative-Focused on Active Aging, Successful Aging, and Productive Aging", Korea Social Policy Review, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 41-65, 2010. https://doi.org/10.17000/kspr.17.3.201012.41
- WHO, Active Ageing: A Policy Framework, 2002.
- D. H. Han, "A Study on Active Aging Policy in Aged Society", Journal of Welfare for the Aged, Vol. 64, pp.31-51, 2014.
- DOI: http://www.wellageing.com
- Estes, C. L., Mahakian, J. L., Weitz, T. A., "Political economy critique of productive Aging", In C. L. Estes, ed. Social Polivy & Aging. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publication. pp. 187-199, 2001.
- M. R. Crowther, M. W. Parker, W. A. Achenbaum, W. L. Larimore, and H. G. Koenig, "Rowe and Kahn's Model of Successful Aging Revisited: Positive Spirituality-The Forgotten Factor", The Gerontologist, Vol. 42, No. 5, 613-620, The Gerontological Society of America, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/42.5.613
- DOI: http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1225497&cid=40942&categoryId=32809
- J. H. Koh, "Digital @geing Implementation status and Tasks", Digital Ageing Symposium, 2013.
- Strategem, D., Bulletin 5, Wolverhamtopton: Better government for older People. 2000.
- S. Biggs, "Toward critical narrativity stories of aging in contemporary social policy", Journal of Aging Studies. Vol. 15, pp. 303-316. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-4065(01)00025-1
- The Ministry of Health and Welfare & Institute for Health and Social Affairs, "2014 The Survey of Status of the Elderly", 2014.
- T. W. Kim, " Policy Status of Digital Health Care and Task", National Information Society Agency Report, 2016.
- Y. G. Kim & Y. S. Kim & K. J. Joo & Y. S. Shin, "Ageing and 4st Industrial Revolution", 2016 Creative Economy The 29th round Forum, 2016.
- National Statistical Office, 2015 Older statistics, 2015.
- Y. C. Kim, J. A. Baeg, "The Effects of Family Conflict, Social Support and Self-Esteem on Life Satisfaction of the Aged", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 279-287. 2016.
- J. Y. Lee, Y. S. Moon, "Effects of Chronic Pain and Social support on Depression and Suicide in the Elderly", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 445-458. 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.445
- J. H. Ahn, S. J. Park, "The Effects of Serious for Elderly People-Focused on the Case of Development of Rejuvenesce Village", Journal of KIIT, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 195-206, 2016.
- Y. J. Lee, J. H. Ahn, "Analysis of the Needs of Middle and Elder Generation on Serious Game for the Elderly", The Korea Contents Society, Vol. 9, No. 10, 2009.
- H. S. Kim, "A Comparative Study on Elderly Suicide Rates in Korea and the United States and Its Implications", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 427-435, 2016.
- G. O. Park, "Convergence Approach about the Knowledge, Attitude toward the Elderly, and Competence of Careers", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 399-406, 2016.
- S. Y. Noh, "The Relationship between the Adaptation Resilience, Self-esteem and Depression of Female Seniors Participating in Pilates", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 537-544, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.537
- M. W. Choi, H. H. Joh, Y. A. Kim, "The Effect of Internet Usage, Fandom Activities and Sense of Community on Adolescents' Mental Health in the Digital Era", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 349-358. 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.349
- J. H. Koh, "The Solution of Ageing: Digital Ageing", An Unpublished Paper
- Creation Science Ministry for The Future & KISA, "2014 The Suvey of Internet Access", 2014.
- Seoul Press, 2013.10.9.
- S. B. Park, "A Study on Social Knowledge Share Model for Economic activity of Young elderly", IT & Future Strategy, Vol. 9, 2015.
- B. John T, L. Bohan, R. Jong-Youn, "A Study of Cross-Country Comparison of ICT Usage in Family Context", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 277-291. 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.277