- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Data Analysis of the Written Comments in Lecture Evaluation
데이터분석을 이용한 서술형 강의평가 연구
- Choi, Jung-Woong (Dept. of e-Business Management, Kyungmin University) ;
- An, Dong-Kyu (Dept. of e-Business Management, Kyungmin University)
- Received : 2016.09.30
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
A number of non-structured data associated with lectures in the field of university education have been generated and it is an important consideration of the students's written comments lecture evaluation. The purpose of this study is to find student interaction factors associated with the student evaluation of teaching at universities, and to provide some insights into improving the student evaluation program based on the results. So, this study consists of three steps that create interaction score, collect student's written comments satisfaction, and analyze an individual professor score. There are a number of limitations to this study. The limitation is that the study was conducted on a narrow sample of the overall student population.
Big Data;Text Mining;Opinion Mining;Satisfaction Score;Student-Interaction;Cosine Similarity
- Lim, Woo-sup(et al), "Analysis of the Professor's Core Lecture Competency", The Journal of Educational Administration, Vol. 25, No. 4, 2007.
- O-Young Kwon(et al), "A Study on the Reliability improvement for the Course Evaluation System", Journal of Engineering Education Research, Vol. 17, No. 2, 2014.
- Astin, A, "What Metter in College?: Four Critical Years Revisited", San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers, 1993.
- Kyungsoo Han(et al), "Problems in Mandatory Course Evaluations", Journal of the Korean Statistical Society, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 35-45, 2011.
- "Meaning of lecture evaluation and lecture diagnosis during semester", http://www.inhanews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=5513, (Nov 15, 2013)
- Anderson, T. and Elloumi, F., "Theory and Practice of Online Learning", pp. 3-31, Athabasca University, 2008.
- Sung-Ho Lee, "Exploration of teaching methods. SEOUL: YSWPUB Press", 2000.
- Seong-Eun Heo, "Convergence Study on Major Satisfaction and Academic Achievement Depending on the Characteristics of Community Service Experience in University students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 4, 2016.
- Bloom, B. S., "All our Childern Learning. NY: McGraw-Hill", 1981.
- Chou, C., "Interactivity and interactive functions in web-based learning systems: a technical framework for designers", British Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 265-279, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8535.00326
- Jung-Woong Choi, "The effect and implication of using SNS on student interaction and learning outcomes", Ph.D. dissertation, pp.86-87, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies. 2014.
- McKinsey, "Big data: The next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity", McKinsey & Company, 2011.
- Yoon-Su Jeong, "Business Process Model for Efficient SMB using Big Data", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 4, 2015.
- Gantz, J. and Reinsel, D., "Extracting Value from Chaos", http://www.emc.com/collateral/analyst-reports/idc-extracting-value-from-chaos-ar.pdf, 2011.
- Sung-Woo Jo, "Big Data era of technology. KT ICT Press", 2011.
- Singhal, Amit, "Modern Information Retrieval: A Brief Overview", Bulletin of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Data Engineering Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 35-43, 2001.
- Tan PN, Steinbach M, Kumar, "Introduction to Data Mining, Addison-Wesley", p.500-501, 2005.
- Kyoo-Sung Noh(et al), "An Exploratory Study on Concept and Realization Conditions of Smart Learning", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 2, 2011.