- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Success Factors of Port Operation for New International Passenger Terminal Using Fuzzy Theory
퍼지이론을 이용한 인천항 신국제여객터미널의 항만운영 성공요인에 관한 연구
- Yoo, Sung-Jai (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Cha, Young-Doo (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Yeo, Gi-Tae (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2016.09.29
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
The purpose of this study was to draw out success factors of port operation for New International Passenger Terminal(NIPT) in Incheon Port using the fuzzy method. In this study, the success factors of port operation were firstly selected by literature review and finally adopted them by in-depth interview with experts who had working experiences over 15 years in the field of Korea-China Carferry shipping business and stevedoring business. Success factors of port operation of the NIPT have been classified into four principal factors such as 'land's use side', 'productivity side', 'cost side' and 'services side', and the comparative analysis was conducted among success factors of port operation. According to the results of analysis, in terms of "land's use side", securing CY space of full-empty containers(0.857) was the most important factor. Among detailed factors of "productivity side", building terminal automation system(0.806) was significantly needed. In the factors of "cost side" and "service side", land rental costs(0.861) and schedule management of berth operation(0.798) were selected as the most important factors. Consequently, new international passenger terminal has implications that the main port operations should focus on reasonable rents calculation, ensuring proper space of CY, and building automation system of terminal, There is a need to proceed to conduct a comparative study of the same operating mode of an international passenger terminal.
Korea-china CarFerry;New International Passenger Terminal(NIPT);Success Factors;Fuzzy Theory;Weighing analysis;Priority
- B. H. Lee, Y. C. Cheon, "Importance of Korea-China Economic Relationship and Promising Perspective", Hyundai Research Institute, Vol. 16, No. 8, pp. 1-14, 2016.
- D. M. Kim, "Revitalization small businesses of the overseas exchange through the convergence of private network (Focusing on Laos in the Indochina Peninsula)", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 31-36, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.2.031
- H. S. Joun, S. Y. Lee, "Fuzzy-AHP-Based Technology Evaluation Model for venture firms", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 363-371, 2016.
- H. S. Joun, S. Y. Lee, "Technical Entrepreneurship Education Service Quality Evaluation System based on FAHP", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 509-516, 2015
- H. J. Jeong, G. S. Jo, G. T. Yeo, "An analysis on Efficiency of Car-Ferry Shipping Companies in Korea-China routes", Journal of Shipping and logistics, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp.81-104, 2014.
- H. W. Jung, "Change of China Market and Korea-China Trade Structure and the Countermeasures" KOCHI Data, No. 1, KOTRA, 2016.
- J. K. Lee, G. T. Yeo, "Structural Analysis for Ports of Korea-China Car Ferry using Shift Effect Method - Focusing on Incheon Port", Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, Vol.30, No.03, pp. 39-58, 2014.
- J. R. Moon, H, J, Jung, T, H Lee, Y, H, Kim, and G, T, Yeo, "A Study on the Operational Way of Freight Forwarding Company : Focusing on Residental Moving Company", Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, Vol. 26, No, 3, pp. 221-239, 2010
- J. Y. Yoo, W. S. Kim, J. K. Han, "Target Cargo Analysis of the Korea Mini Land Bridge Multimodal Transportation with the Korea-China-Japan Car-Ferry Networks: Focused on the Incheon Port", Journal of Shipping and logistics, Vol. 30 No. 2, pp. 401-423, 2014.
- J. Y. Yoo, "Incheon Development Institute Report", 2012.
- K. J. Jeon, J. W. Jeon, C. H. Yang, and G. T. Yeo "A Study on the Comparative Analysis of World Major Liner Shipping Companies' Ship Investment Strategy", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 145-154, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.145
- K. S. Gil, J. H. Choi, J. G. Woo, M. J. Kim and H. Y. Park, "Research on Efficiency Method of International Passenger Terminal Management Operation" Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries Report. 2000
- K. S. Moon, H. S. Yoo, Y. S. Kim and D. W. Lee "The Origin/Destination Analysis of Container Cargo in International Passenger Terminals : Focused on Incheon Port", Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 195-215, 2011.
- K. S. Jeong, "Implementation Status and implication of e-commerce freights maritime transport between Korea and China", Postal Service Management Institute, Postal Service Information, pp. 31-49, 2016.
- K. S. Park, "A Study on Competitiveness on Container Cargo Transportation of Car Ferry Route between Korea and China - Car Ferries, Liners and Freight Forwards Differences", Journal of International Commerce, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 115-137, 2013.
- KITA(Korea International Trade Association) Korea Home page" _ Trade statistics http://stat.kita.net/stat/istat/CtsMain.screen
- S. H. Oh, "A Fuzzy Linear Programming Problem with Fuzzy Convergent Equality Constraints", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 227-232, 2015 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.227
- S. E. Park, C. H. Lee, H. I. Kim, "Analysis of the Importance Factors for Choosing Korea-China Car Ferry Shipping Companies.", Journal of Shipping and Logistics Vol. 31 No. 4, pp. 795-813, 2015.
- S. W. Mo, C. B. Kim "A Relative Importance Evaluation of the Industrial Sector According to the FTA Using AHP and Fuzzy AHP", Review of business & economics, Vol.25, No.2, pp. 1827-1842, 2012
- W. L. Sim, S. Y. Lee, "Customized Coupon Recommendation Model based on Fuzzy AHP Reflecting User Preference", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol .12, No. 5, pp.395-401, 2014.
- Y. S. Jeong, "An Efficiency Management Scheme using Big Data of Healthcare Patients using Puzzy AHP", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol .13, No. 4, pp.227-233, 2015.
- Y. S. Oh, K. M. Koo, "A Study of the Change in Market Conditions in the Korea-China and Korea-Japan Car Ferry Routes", Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp.1-21, 2015.
- Y. S. Jeong, "Design of Security Model for Service of Company Information", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 2, No, 2 pp. 43-49, 2012.
- Y. Sun, D. Feng, "Multi-Criteria decision making based on fuzzy measure", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 19-25, 2013.
- Zadeh. L. A, "Fuzzy sets", Information and control, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 338-353, 1965. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-9958(65)90241-X
- "Incheon Port Authority Home page" (Port-MIS), www.ipus.co.kr
- SNN Shippingnet, "Korea-China Carferry Route, Route and Loading Competition", Newspaper, 2016http://www.shippingnewsnet.com/news/article View.html?idxno=16422
- "Korea Customs Service"(Trade Statistics) https://unipass.customs.go.kr:38030/ets/index.do
- "Shipping and Port Integrated Data Center" (SP-IDC) https://www.spidc.go.kr