- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Consideration Factors for State-of-the-art Defense Business Orders from Chasm Marketing Perspective
캐즘마케팅 관점으로 바라본 최첨단 무기체계 수주를 위한 고려요소에 관한 연구
- Kim, Young-Bok (Dept. of Business Administration, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Kim, Hong-Ki (Dept. of Science in Defense Engineering, Kwangwoon University Graduate School) ;
- Lee, Seung-Hee (Dept. of Business Administration, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2016.09.28
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
In the civil market, companies launch new products when the acquired innovations are ready, but in defense, customer requests the innovation applied weapon systems. The technology adoption cycle model takes unusual form of market like inverse chasm takes technology inversely. This thesis describes an inverse chasm from the perspective of technology adoption cycle, equipped product model, and technical progress S-curve. As a way to overcome the inverse chasm, considering factors like a self-investment demo model, customer needs, and the temporary chasm expanding phenomenon are derived. And order-effective relationship analysis and chasm marketing strategy are suggested. Especially securing the core technologies and possibility for equipped product by developing self-investment demo model are identified as a good marketing strategy of chasm. This analysis and strategy suggest the policy implications for preemptive advantage of market positioning in the procurement process of defense, discontinuous innovation technology applied on.
Chasm Marketing;Inverse Chasm;Chasm Marketing Strategy;Defense Business Orders;Considerations of Defense Business
- Timo O. Vuori, Quy N. Huy, "Distributed attention and shared emotions in the innovation process: How Nokia lost the Smartphone battle", Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 61, No. 1, pp. 9-51, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1177/0001839215606951
- Robert A. Burgelman, "A Process Theory of Strategic Business Exit in Dynamic Environments", Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 24-56, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/2393493
- Se-hoon Kim, "A Study of Defense Industrial Development Policy for Self-Reliance National Defense", Graduate School of Public Administration Chungnam National University, pp. 5-84, 2004.
- Kyung-Hye Park, "IT Industry Competitiveness and e-Readiness Level of Korea Economy", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 7, No 2, pp. 35-41, 2009.
- Young-Bok Kim, "A Study on the Consideration Factors for Bidding of Defense Business", Kyungpook National University, pp. 1-65, 2009.
- Yeong-Wha Sawng, Kiyong Om, Bongsik Shin, Jungmann Lee, "Discontinuous Innovation and Market Chasm: The Case of Digital Convergence Services, Journal of Research and Practice in Information Technology", Vol. 41, No. 3, 2009.
- Seung-Hui Lee, Jong-Ho Kim, Yeong-Su Kim, Hye-Gyeong Kim, "A Study on Success Factors and Performance of New Products", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 4, No 2, pp. 27-39, 2006.
- Jusang Lee, "A Case Study on Crossing the Chasm in the Technology Adoption Life Cycle", Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, pp. 1-83, 1998.
- Kyong Soo Kim, "A business model for crossing the Chasm of dot-coms through case analysis", Chonnam National University, 2002.
- M. A. Schilling, M. Esmundo, "Technology S-curves in renewable energy alternatives: Analysis and implications for industry and government", Energy Policy, Vol. 37, No 5, pp. 1767-1781, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2009.01.004
- Hae-Hoon Park, Kyung-Hye Park, "A Model Study on the Effect of Technological Innovation Factors in IT Industry", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No 5, pp. 177-183, 2012.
- Hong-Cheul Kim, Sun-Kyu Lee, "An Empirical Study on the Critical Success Factor of Technological Innovation of Small-Medium Sized enterprises by growth stages - Focusing on the Case Study", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No 10, pp. 1-20, 2014.
- Nam Jae Cho, Jin Wook Oh, Jin Kwan Jung, "A Exploratory Study on the Performance Between Technology Innovation and Market Inclination in High-tech Enterprises", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 5, No 1, pp. 35-45, 2007.
- Sean Foley, "World War II Technology that changed warfare - Radar and Bombsights", Johnson & Wales University, pp. 2-23, 2011.
- Bob Cutler, "Reflections of the Future: Trends in Radar Technology and their Impact on Test", Agilent Technologies, pp. 1-40, 2013.
- Geoffrey A. Moore, "Crossing the Chasm", 1'st, Sejong Books, pp. 26-310, 2015.
- Melissa A. Schilling, "Strategic Management of Technological Innovation", 3rd Edition, McGraw-Hill Korea, pp. 62-66, 2012.
- Theodore Levitt, "The Marketing Imagination", 1'st, Book21 Publishing Group, pp. 25-311, 2016.
- Defense Acquisition Program Administration, http://www.dapa.go.kr
- Carmo A. D' Cruz, "Strategic Analysis Tools for High Tech Marketing", Xodus Business & Technology Solutions, Inc., www.XodusBTS.com
- "Global Defense Market Year Book 2015", DTaQ, pp. 2-35 , pp. 114-157, http://www.dtaq.re.kr, 2015.
- Dr Carlo Kopp, "New technologies impacting maritime warfare", Defencetoday, pp. 35-37, http://www.ausairpower.net, 2011.
- Lark Sang Kim, "Convergence of Information Technology and Corporate Strategy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 17-26, 2015.
- Joong-Soo Lim, Gyoo-Soo Chae, Min-Nyun Kim, Young-Ho Kim, "Analysis of DOP using Radionavigation Transmitter", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 7-12, 2011.