- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
An Exploratory Study on Development Strategies for Dementia Policy of Korea based on Dementia Policy of Japan
일본의 치매정책을 통해 본 우리나라 치매정책의 발전방안 탐색
- Lee, Jin-Ah (Dept. of Social Welfare and Counseling, Catholic University of Pusan)
- 이진아 (부산가톨릭대학교 사회복지상담학과)
- Received : 2016.09.27
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
As various social problems have arisen due to the increase of the aging population, one of these problems is the increase of the elderly with dementia. The necessity of systematic and effective dementia management policies has been raised, as the increase of social and economic cost along with the growth of the dementia population. This study examined dementia management policy of Japan, where there is arranged and provided dementia management policy in advance. Especially, this study focuses on the contents of comprehensive promotion strategies for dementia policy(New orange plan) of Japan which was pronounced in 2015, and explores the development strategies for Korea by reviewing this plan. The suggestions through this study are provided as follows: inclusion of the support contents reflecting the dementia patients and their families, the necessity of coping for early onset dementia, organizing system for early diagnosis and prevention such as an early stage of intensive support team, a continuous progression for building the elderly-friendly community and conducting campaign for a deep understanding of dementia, are discussed.
Dementia policy of Japan;Management of dementia;The elderly with dementia;Dementia policy of Korea;New orange plan
Supported by : Catholic University of Pusan
- Elderly Statistics 2015, Statistics Korea Website, http://kostat.co.kr, August 22, 2016.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare Website, http://www.mohw.go.kr, August 4, 2016.
- S. W. Kim et al., "The Current Status and Improvement of Dementia Management Project", National Assembly Budget Office, pp, 1-141, 2014.
- J. H. Park, "A Study on Current Policy's status and Policy Matters for Prevention of Dementia", Journal of Korean Society of Sports Policy, Vol. 4, pp. 45-67, 2004.
- K. W. Kim et al, "The Strategic Planning for the 3rd National Management Plan for Dementia", the Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, pp. 1-241, 2014.
- The 3rd Comprehensive Planning for Dementia Management, Ministry of Health and Welfare Website, http://www.mohw.go.kr, August 4, 2016.
- S. H. Yoo et al, "A Study on Development of Model for Dementia Patients in the Community to Providing Stable Medical Service", Konkuk University, pp. 1-194, 2013.
- The Comprehensive Strategies for Propulsion of Dementia Policy(New Orange Plan), The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Website, http://www.mhlw.go.jp, August 4, 2016.
- About the Direction of Dementia Policy in the Future, Ministry of Health and Welfare Website, http://www.mohw.go.kr, August 4, 2016.
- The 1st Dementia Integrated Management Counterplan, Ministry of Health and Welfare Website, http://www.mohw.go.kr, August 4, 2016.
- M. K. Kim et al, "The Care Giving Burden of Primary Caregiver based on Nursing Needs of Long-term Care Insurance Grade", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 7-16, 2014.
- J. M. Kim, "A Study on the Problem and Improvement of Recent Public Health Policy for Dementia Patients- Focused on Establishing Support Service System for Dementia Patients and Their Families ", The Journal of Public Administration, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 133-150, 2006.
- S. Y. Baek, "The Case Study on Caregiving Experience of Family Primary Caregivers for Patients with Early Onset Dementia", Hanyang University, p. 6-7, 2008.
- E. J. Yoo, "A Comparative Study for Support System of a Preventive Long-Term Service Between Korea and Japan", Critical Social Welfare Academy, Vol, 10. pp. 1186-1201, 2014.
- J. K. Park, "Convergence Factors among Their Physical State, Function and Activities Influencing on the Cognition of Elderly Residents in a Community", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 153-162, 2015.
- H. N. Jang, "A Study on a Regional Difference of Service Delivery System for the Dementia in Lacal Governments", Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 385-420, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2016.36.2.385
- K. C. Roh, "A Study on Guidelines of Public Design for Age-Friendly City-Focused on Silver Zone-." Ph. D. dissertation, Kyungpook National University, p. 213, 2014.