- Volume 14 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on The Problem in Policy of Korean Resident Registration Number: On Basis of Freedom of Data Provision
현행 주민번호제도의 문제점에 관한 연구: 정보 제공 자유도를 기반으로
- Rhee, Hae-kyung (Dept. of Computer Games, Yongin-Songdam University)
- 이혜경 (용인송담대학교)
- Received : 2016.09.23
- Accepted : 2016.11.20
- Published : 2016.11.28
Although the problem of personal data leakage is reported to be serious, there has been no research that tries to excavate out that real cause of the leakage in scientific prospective. Although this topic is considered to be crucial, there have been no literatures relevant to the topic, and the reason for this limitation is that scientific approach to this problem was not feasible. In this respect, in this paper a model for such scientific analysis and a methodology of analysis have been devised. Results show that the degree of rigidity turns out be the determinant that vindicates the degree of leakage. The notion of data rigidity is revealed to be very strongly correlated to the number of hacking incidents in each country. The notion of resident data freedom was then deployed in this paper to determine the world-wide ranking for a slew of different countries. The United Kingdom and the Republic of Korea turned out to be the two extreme countries that lie in the spectrum of the scale, with UK the most flexible and ROK one of the most rigid.
Resident identification;Personal information leakage;Hacking;Resident data freedom;Data rigidity
- DOI: http://techholic.co.kr/archives/41054.
- S. Moon, "Resident Registration Number as The Master Key of Personal Information", Naeil Media, 2 February 2015, p. 22.
- S. Moon, "Resident Registration Number as The Most Cause of Personal Data Leakage", Naeil Media, 13 February 2014, p. 22.
- Y. Kang, Y. Lee, H. Kwon, K. Han and H. Chung, "A Study on the Information Security in Fin-Tech", Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 19-24, 2016. 6. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.2.019
- J. Goh and G. Lee, "Disclosure of Social Media Personal Information in M2M", Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 29-34, 2014.
- G. Lee, "Security Threats in Wireless Charger Systems in M2M", Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 27-31, 2013.
- H. Mun, G. Choi and Y. Hwang, "Counter-measure to Underlying Security Threats in IoT", Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 37-44, 2016. 6.
- MyounJae Lee, Khoe Kyung-Il, "Development Method of Digital Content Finance-Focused on by Technical Value Evaluation", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 111-117, 2015.
- Seong-Hoon Lee, Dong-Woo Lee, "FinTech-Conversions of Finance Industry based on ICT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 97-102, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.097