- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Factors Influencing Hospital Nurses' Turnover Intention: A Cross-sectional Survey
간호사의 이직의도 영향요인
- Received : 2015.07.06
- Accepted : 2015.07.30
- Published : 2016.01.28
Purpose: This study was to identify internal marketing, nursing professionalism, emotional exhaustion, personal accomplishment that influence turnover intention among hospital nurses and to predict in turnover intention. Methods: A cross-sectional sample of 270 hospital nurses from 2 university hospitals in Seoul and Chungbuk, South Korea. The data were collected from May to June, 2013 and using analyzed with t-test, ANOVA and stepwise multiple regression by using SPSS 19.0 program. Results: The mean score for nurse turnover was
본 연구는 내부마케팅, 간호 전문직관, 정서적 소진과 개인적 성취감을 이용하여 병원 간호사의 이직의도에 영향을 주는 요인을 파악하고, 설명력을 확인하기 위해 수행한 횡단적 조사연구이다. 서울과 충북지역의 2개 대학병원 간호사 270명을 대상으로 자가보고식 설문지를 이용하여 2013년 5월부터 6월까지 자료를 수집하였다. 자료분석은 단계적 다중회귀분석(Stepwise Multiple Regression Analysis)을 이용하였다. 분석결과, 간호사 이직의도의 평균값은
- L. J. Hayes, L. O'Brien-Pallas, C. Duffield, J. Shamian, J. Buchan, F. Hughes, H. K. Laschinger, and N. North, "Nurse turnover: a literature review - an update," Int J Nurs Stud, Vol.49, No.7, pp.887-905, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2011.10.001
- J. K. Kim and M. J. Kim, "A Review of Research on Hospital Nurses' Turnover Intention," Journal of korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol.17, No.4, pp.538-550, 2011. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.4.538
- A. J. Dawson, H. Stasa, M. A. Roche, C. S. Homer, and C. Duffield, "Nursing churn and turnover in Australian hospitals: nurses perceptions and suggestions for supportive strategies," BMC Nurs, Vol.13, No.1, p.11, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6955-13-11
- Y. H. Kim, J. H. Choi, and k. E. Kim, "The Impact of Job Overload, Relationship with Senior on Nurses' Intention to Quit Their Jobs : Mediating Role of Emotional Exhaust," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol.15, No.3, pp.372-381, 2009.
- L. O'Brien-Pallas, G. T. Murphy, J. Shamian, X. Li, and L. J. Hayes, "Impact and determinants of nurse turnover: a pan-Canadian study," J Nurs Manag, Vol.18, No.8, pp.1073-1086, 2010.
- Hospital nurse association, Research in the status of nursing personnel, 2013.
- Y. J. Son, S. K. Park, and S. S. Kong, "Impact of Internal Marketing Activity, Emotional Labor and Work-Family Conflict on Turn-Over of Hospital Nurses," Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol.18, No.3, pp.329-340, 2012. https://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2012.18.3.329
- B. Coomber and K. L. Barriball, "Impact of job satisfaction components on intent to leave and turnover for hospital-based nurses: a review of the research literature," Int J Nurs Stud, Vol.44, No.2, pp.297-314, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2006.02.004
- C. Maslach, and S. E. Jackson, "The Measurement of Experienced Burnout," Journal of Occupational Behaviour, Vol.2, No.2, pp.99-113, 1986.
- H. K. Knudsen, L. J. Ducharme, and P. M. Roman, "Turnover intention and emotional exhaustion "at the top": adapting the job demands-resources model to leaders of addiction treatment organizations," J Occup Health Psychol, Vol.14, No.1, pp.84-95, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0013822
- Y. R. Yeun, "Job Stress, Burnout, Nursing Organizational Culture and Turnover Intention among Nurses," Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.15, No.8, pp.4981-4986, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.8.4981
- S. Noor and N. Maad, "Examining the relationship between work life conflict, stress and turnover intentions among marketing executives in Pakistan," International Journal of Business and Management, Vol.3, No.11, pp.93-102, 2008.
- J. C. Carr, S. L. Boyar, and B. T. Gregory, "The moderating effect work-family centrality on work-family conflict, organizational attitudes and turnover behavior," Journal of Management, Vol.34, No.2, pp.244-262, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206307309262
- Y. H. Han, I. S. Sohn, K. O. Park, and K. H. Kan, "The Relationships between Professionalism, Job Involvement, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention among Clinical Nurses," Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol.16, No.2, pp.17-31, 2010.
- M. H. Sung and S. Y. Cho, "The Relationship between Job Characteristics and Organizational Commitment, and Turnover Intention in Emergency Department Nurses," Journal of Korean Academy Fundamentals of nursing, Vol.17, No.4, pp.566-574, 2010.
- S. M. Wi and Y. J. Yi, "Influence of Emotional Labor on Job Satisfaction, Intent to Leave, and Nursing Performance of Clinical Nurses," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol.18, No.3, pp.310-319, 2012.
- H. K. Yoon, J. H. Choi, E. Y. Lee, H. Y. Lee, and M. J. Park, "Effects of Decision Making Competency, Nursing Professionalism, and Job Satisfaction on Turnover Impulse among Nurses," Journal of Korean Academy Fundamentals of nursing Administration, Vol.19, No.5, pp.658-667, 2013. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.5.658
- X. C. Zhang, D. S. Huang, and P. Guan, "Job burnout among critical care nurses from 14 adult intensive care units in northeastern China:a cross-sectional survey," BMJ Open, Vol.4, No.6, p.e004813, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2014-004813
- S. J. Han, "Influence of Clinical Nurses' Emotional Intelligence on their Career Commitment and Turnover Intention : Moderating Role of Career Commitment," The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.11, No.7, pp.418-425, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.7.418
- S. S. Han, M. H. Kim, and E. K. Yun, "Factors Affecting Nursing Professionalism," Journal of Korean Academic Society of nursing Education, Vol.14, No.1, pp.73-79, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.1.073
- W. O. Kim, S. J. Moon, and S. S. Han, "Contingent Nurses' Burnout and Influencing Factors," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.40, No.6, pp.882-891, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.6.882
- M. P. Leiter and C. Maslach, "Nurse turnover: the mediating role of burnout," J Nurs Manag, Vol.17, No.3, pp.331-339, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2834.2009.01004.x
- E. A. Yi and Y. J. Yi, "Influence of Internal Marketing Perception, Empowerment, and Job satisfaction on Customer Orientation of Clinical Nurses," Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol.21, No.3, pp.299-307, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.299
- E. J. Yeun and H. J. Kim, "Development and Testing of a Nurse Turnover Intention Scale(NTIS)," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.43, No.2, pp.256-266, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.256
- J. Choi and N. S. Ha, "The Effects of Clinical Nurse's Internal Marketing on Job Satisfaction, Turnover Intention, and Customer Orientation," Journal of Korean Academy nursing Administrtion, Vol.13, No.2, pp.231-241, 2007.
- J. A. Yoon and H. J. Lee, "Internal Marketing, Job Stress, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention in Nursing Organization," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol.13, No.3, pp.293-301, 2007.
- E. J. Yeun, Y. M. Kwon, and O. H. Ahn, "Development of a Nursing Professional Value Scale," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.35, No.6, pp.1091-1100, 2005.
- E. L. Woodhead, L. Northrop, and B. Edelstein, "Stress, Social Support, and Burnout Among Long-Term Care Nursing Staff," J Appl Gerontol, 10.1177/0733464814542465, 2014.
- S. G. Lee, Impact of Internal Marketing on the service quality of Employees : An Empirical Examination of Deluxe Hotels in seoul, Suwon: Kyonggi University, pp.65-67, 2001.
- J. H. Oh and S. W. Chung, "Multivariate Analysis for Clinicians," Clinics in shoulder and elbow, Vol.16, No.1, pp.63-72, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5397/CiSE.2013.16.1.63
- S. Y. Lee, E. J. Oh, and K. M. Sung, "The Experiences of Turnover Intention in Early Stage Nurses," Journal of East-West Nursing Research, Vol.19, No.2, pp.168-176, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2013.19.2.168
- E. Carlson, E. Pilhammar, and C. Wann-Hansson, "This is nursing: nursing roles as mediated by precepting nurses during clinical practice," Nurse Educ Today, Vol.30, No.8, pp.763-767, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2010.01.020
- H. N. Cho, M. An, and H. S. So, "Differences of Turnover Intention by Moral Distress of Nurses," The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.15, No.5, pp.403-413, 2015.
- G. A. Aarons, D. L. Fettes, L. E. Jr. Flores, and D. H. Sommerfeld, "Evidence-based practice implementation and staff emotional exhaustion in children's services," Behav Res Ther, Vol.47, No.11, pp.954-960, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brat.2009.07.006
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, Statistical yearbook of Ministry of Health & Welfare, Seoul: Authors, 2013.
- G. A. Canadas-De la Fuente, C. Vargas, C. San Luis, I. Garcia, G. R. Canadas, and E. I. De la Fuente, "Risk factors and prevalence of burnout syndrome in the nursing profession," Int J Nurs Stud, Vol.52, No.1, pp.240-249, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2014.07.001
- Influences of Fatigue, Emotional Labor and Job Embeddedness on Nurses Turnover Intention vol.11, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2017.11.1.067