- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Additional Absorbed Dose of Normal Tissues by Image Guided Radiation Therapy(IGRT)
영상유도 방사선 치료(IGRT)에 따른 정상 조직의 추가 피폭에 대한 연구
- Received : 2015.07.02
- Accepted : 2015.07.28
- Published : 2016.01.28
The recent radiation therapy field can provide treatment which guarantees a high degree of accuracy, due to patient set-up using various image guided radiation therapy(IGRT) instruments. But the additional absorbed dose to patient's normal tissues is increasing. Therefore, this study measured the absorbed dose to surrounding normal tissues which is caused by patient set-up using OBI, CBCT, ExacTrac, among various IGRT instruments. The absorbed dose to the head, the chest, the abdomen, and the pelvis from CBCT was 12.57 mGy, 20.82 mGy, 82.93 mGy, and 52.70 mGy, respectively. Also, the absorbed dose from OBI and ExacTrac ranged from 0.76 to 8.58 mGy and from 0.14 to 0.63 mGy, respectively. As a result, CBCT's absorbed dose was far higher than other instruments. CBCT's surface dose was far higher than others, too, but OBI's entrance skin dose was almost the same as CBCT's.
Image Guided Radiation Therapy(IGRT);OBI;CBCT;ExacTrac
- G. Karangelis and N. Zamboglou, "CT based virtual simulation for external beam radiation therapy," International Congress and Exhibition, Vol.1230, pp.465-470, 2001.
- D. Verellen, M. D. Ridder, and G. Storme, "A (short) history of image-guided radiotherapy," Radiother Onco, Vol.86, pp.4-13, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2007.11.023
- L. A. Dawson and D. A. Jaffray, "Advances in image-guided radiation therapy," J Clin Oncol, Vol.25, pp.938-946, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2006.09.9515
- J. Michalski, J. A. Purdy, L. Gaspar, L. Souhami, M. Ballow, and J. Bradley, "Radiation Therapy Oncology Group. Research Plan 2002-2006. Image-Guided Radiation Therapy Committee," Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phy, Vol.51, pp.60-65, 2001.
- T. Gupta and C. Anand Narayan, "Image-guided radiation therapy: Physician's perspectives," J Med Phys, Vol.37, No.4, pp.174-182, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4103/0971-6203.103602
- C. Amies, A. Bani-hashemi, J. C. Celi, G. Grousset, F Ghelmansarai, D Hristov, D Lane, M Mitschke, A Singh, H Shukla, and J Stein, "A muliplatform approach to image guided radiation therpay(IGRT)," Med Dosim, Vol.31, pp.12-19, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meddos.2005.12.013
- M. J. Murphy, J. Balter, S. Balter, J. A. Bencome, I. J Das, S. B. Jiang, C. M. Ma, G. H. Olivera, R. F. Rodebaugh, K. J. Ruchala, H. Shirato, and F. F. Yin, "The management of imaging dose during image-guided radiotherapy: report of the AAPM Task Group 75," Med Phys, Vol.34, pp.4041-4063, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.2775667
- C. Walter, J. Boda-Heggemann, H. Wertz, I. Loeb, A. Rahn, F. Lohr, and F. Wenz, "Phantom and in-vivo measurements of dose exposure by image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT): MV portal images vs. kVp portal images vs. cone-beam CT," Radiother Oncol, Vol.85, pp.418-423, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2007.10.014
- M. K. Islam, T. G. Purdie, and B. D. Norrlinger, H. Alasti, D. J. Moseley, M. B. Sharpe, J. H. Siewerdsen, and D. A. Jaffray, "Patient dose from kilovoltage cone beam computed tomography imaging in radiation therapy," Med Phys, Vol.33, pp.1573-82, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.2198169
- H. Yan, F. F. Yin, and J. H. Kim, "A phantom study on the positioning accuracy of the Novalis Body system," Med Phys, Vol.30, No.12, pp.3052-3060, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1626122
- J. Rahimian, J. C. Chen, A. A. Rao, M. R. Girvigian, M. J. Miller, and H. E. Greathouse, "Geometrical accuracy of the Novalis stereotactic radiosurgery system for trigeminal," neuralgia, J Neurosurg, Vol.3, pp.351-355, 2004.
- Hui Yan, Liwei Zhang, and Fang-Fang Yin, "A Phantom Study on Target Localization Accuracy Using Cone-Beam Computed Tomography," Clin Med Oncol, Vol.2, pp.501-510, 2008.
- NCRP, "Evaluation of the Linear-Non threshold Dose-Response Model for Ionizing Radiation," 2001.
- ICRP 35, "Low dose extrapolation of radiation-related cancer risk. ICRP Publication 99," ICRP, Vol.35, No.4, 2005.
- ICRP103, "The 2007 Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection," 2007.