- Volume 41 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Atmospheric Dispersion Characteristics of Radioactive Materials according to the Local Weather and Emission Conditions
- An, Hye Yeon (Division of Earth Environmental System, Pusan National University) ;
- Kang, Yoon-Hee (The Institute of Environmental Studies, Pusan National University) ;
- Song, Sang-Keun (Department of Earth and Marine Sciences, Jeju National University) ;
- Kim, Yoo-Keun (Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2016.04.19
- Accepted : 2016.09.05
- Published : 2016.12.31
Background: This study evaluated the atmospheric dispersion of radioactive material according to local weather conditions and emission conditions. Materials and Methods: Local weather conditions were defined as 8 patterns that frequently occur around the Kori Nuclear Power Plant and emission conditions were defined as 6 patterns from a combination of emission rates and the total number of particles of the
Supported by : Pusan National University
- Srinivas CV, Venkatesan R, Baskaran R, Rajagopal V, Venkatraman B. Regional scale atmospheric dispersion simulation of accidental releases of radionuclides from Fukushima Dai-ichi reactor. Atmos. Environ. 2012;61:66-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2012.06.082
- Katata G, et al. Detailed source term estimation of the atmospheric release for the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station accident by coupling simulations of an atmospheric dispersion model with an improved deposition scheme and oceanic dispersion model. Atmos. Chem. Phys. 2015;15:1029-1070. https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-15-1029-2015
- Terada H, Chino M. Development of an atmospheric dispersion model for accidental discharge of radionuclides with the function of simultaneous prediction for multiple domains and its evaluation by application to the Chernobyl nuclear accident. J. Nucl. Sci. Technol. 2008;45(9):920-931. https://doi.org/10.1080/18811248.2008.9711493
- An HY, Kang YH, Song SK, Kim YK. Atmospheric dispersion of radioactive material according to the local wind patterns around the Kori Nuclear Power Plant using WRF/HYSPLIT model. J. Environ. Sci. Int. 2015;24(1):81-96. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.1.81
- Lee GB, Lee MC, Song YI. A study on mesoscale atmospheric dispersion of radioactive particles release from nuclear power plants. J. Radiat. Prot. Res. 1997;22(4):273-288.
- Baklanov A, Mahura A, Jaffe D, Thaning L, Bergman R, Andres R. Atmospheric transport patterns and possible consequences for the European North after a nuclear accident. J. Environ. Radioact. 2002;60:23-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0265-931X(01)00094-7
- Brian EM, Harold LB, Andre B, Steven LS. Predictions of dispersion and deposition of fallout from nuclear testing using the NOAA-HYSPLIT meteorological model. Health Phys. 2010;99 (2):252-269. https://doi.org/10.1097/HP.0b013e3181b43697
- Arnold D, Maurer C, Wotawa G, Draxler R, Saito K, Seibert P. Influence of the meteorological input on the atmospheric transport modelling with FLEXPART of radionuclides from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear accident. Journal of Environmental Radioactivity. 2015;139:212-225. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvrad.2014.02.013
- Draxler RR, Hess GD. Description of the HYSPLIT_4 modeling system. NOAA Air Resource Laboratory. NOAA Techical Memorandum ERL ARL-224. 1997:24.
- Kim CH, Song CK. Lagrangian particle dispersion modeling intercomparison: Internal versus foreign modeling results on the nuclear spill event. J. Korean Soc. Atmos. Environ. 2003;19(3): 249-261.