- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Spatial Pattern Changes of Aging Phenomenon and Relation between Aging Population and Regional Characteristics
고령화 현상의 공간적 패턴 변화와 지역특성과의 관계 분석
- Lee, Jimin (Research Institute of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University)
- 이지민 (서울대학교 농업생명과학연구원)
- Received : 2016.10.14
- Accepted : 2016.11.22
- Published : 2016.11.30
Aging phenomenon is an important issue in Korea national policy. This aging phenomenon depends on the social and environmental characteristics of regions. Also aging phenomenon and regional characteristics have spatial dependency. The purpose of this study is to discover the spatial changes in aging population rate and to find local factors of regional aging phenomenon considering spatial autocorrelation. For spatial analysis of ageing phenomenon, local Moran's I and Geographically Weighted Regression (GWR) were applied. As the results, the most significant changes of aging phenomenon appeared between 2000 and 2005, and most of hot-spot regions (aged regions) were distributed in Jullanam-do and Jullabuk-do. The results of GWR (R-square: 0.681) shows that total fertility rate, the number of doctor per 1,000 people and forest area rate have positive relation with aging population rate, but the number of private academy per 1,000 people has negative relation.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Choi, D. J., and Suh, Y. C., 2012, Geographically Weighted Regression on the Environmental-Ecological Factors of Human Longevity, Journal of the Korean Society for Geo-spatial Information System, 20(3), 57-63.
- Chun, H. J., 2016, A Study on Estimation of Housing Price Using GWR Model and GIS Technology, Residential Environment, 14(1), 1-12.
- Fotheringham, A. S., Brundson, C., and Charlton, M. B, 2002. Geographically Weighted Regression: the Analysis of Spatially Varying Relationships, West Sussex, John Wiley and Sons Ltd.
- Han, Y. C., Lee, J. J. and Jung, N. S., 2005, Longevity and Environmental-Ecological Characteristics, Journal of the Korean Society for Gerontology, 15(3), 76-82.
- Jinmei L., Wuyi W. and Yonghua L., 2011, Effects of Environmental Factors on the Longevous People in China, Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 53, 200-205. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2010.10.012
- Kang, H. J., 2008, Hot Spot Analysis : Basic Spatial analysis, Nearest Neighbor Hierarchical Clustering Analysis and Local Moran's I, The Korea Spatial Planning Review, 324, 116-121.
- Kim, J. I., 2002, Social-environment Factors by Region of Centenarians, Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, 21(3), 157-168.
- Kim, Y. S., Kim, S. S., Lee H. J. and Lee, J. J., 2002, Assessment of Geographic Factors with Time on Longevity using Geographic Information System. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning, 8(3), 41-48
- Lee, J. M., Lee, Y. H., Bae, Y. J., Lee, J. J. and Suh, K., 2012, Development of Indicators to Evaluate the Regional Preparedness Level for Rural Aging, Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning, 18(4), 69-78. https://doi.org/10.7851/ksrp.2012.18.4.069
- Lee, S. W., Yoon, S. D., Park, J. Y. and Min, S. H., 2006, The Practice on spatial econometrics models, Pakyoungsa, Seoul.
- Statistics Korea, 2010, Future population projections, Daejeon.
- Statistics Korea, 2015, 2015 Elderly statistics, Daejeon.
- Tobler, W., 1970, A Computer Movie Simulating Urban Growth in The Detroit Region, Economic Geography, 46(2), 234-240. https://doi.org/10.2307/143141
- Yeo, C. H. and Seo, Y. H, 2014, An Analysis on the Spatial Spillover Patterns of Aging Population in Rural Areas, Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, 17(3), 39-53. https://doi.org/10.11108/kagis.2014.17.3.039