- Volume 20 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Performance Improvement of Aerial Images Taken by UAV Using Daubechies Stationary Wavelet
Daubechies 정상 웨이블릿을 이용한 무인항공기 촬영 영상 성능 개선
- Kim, Sung-Hoon (Department of Aircraft System Engineering, Hanseo University) ;
- Hong, Gyo-Young (Department of Aircraft System Engineering, Hanseo University)
- Received : 2016.11.01
- Accepted : 2016.12.13
- Published : 2016.12.31
In this paper, we study the technique to improve the performance of the aerial images taken by UAV using daubechies stationary wavelet transform. When aerial images taken by UAV were damaged by gaussian noise very commonly applied, the experiment for image performance improvement was performed. It was known that stationary wavelet transform is the transferring solution to the problem occurred by down sampling from DWT also more efficient to remove noise than DWT. Also haar wavelet is discontinuous function so not efficient for smooth signal and image processing. Therefore, this study is confirmed that the noise can be removed by daubechies stationary wavelet and the performance is improved by haar stationary wavelet.
Supported by : 한서대학교
- H. M. Kim, A study on real-time prediction algorithm of aviation imaging shooting area, Master's degree Thesis, Korea Polytechnic University, Gyeonggi-do, Korea, Dec, 2012.
- H. R. Yu, Study for the noise rejection threshold value decision with using band information of stationary wavelet, Master's degree Thesis, Daejeon University, Daejeon, Koera, Aug, 2007.
- H. Y. Ryu, K. W. Lee, and B. D. Kwon, "Noise rejection at satellite images using wavelet filter," in Autumn conference on The Korean Earth Science Society, Seoul: Korea, pp. 398-405, 2005.
- H. S. Lee, Blind estimation of hop timing and duration of FHSS systems, Master's degree Thesis, Chungnam National University, Chungcheongnam-do, Korea, Feb, 2010.
- M. I. Choi, and J. C. Kim, "A study on the comparison of denoising performance of stationary wavelet transform for discharge signal data in cast-resin transformer," Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 84-90, Mar. 2014.
- Y. Chen, and H. Ma, "Signal de-noising in ultrasonic testing based on stationary wavelet transform," Intelligent Systems, Vol. 2, No. 10, pp. 474-478, May. 2009.
- J. E. Lee and I. S. Kim, "A study on the fault detection technique of the grid-connected photovoltaic system using wavelet transformation," The Korean Institute of Power Electronics, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 79-87, Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2011.16.1.79
- Y. O. Park, A study on the image denoising based on wavelet packet, Master's degree Thesis, Mokwon University, Daejeon, Korea, Dec, 2002.
- N. C. Park, and C. Y. Woo, "Denoising images by visushrink technique using the estimated noise power in the highest equal subband of wavelet," The Korea Institute of Signal Processing and Systems, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 26-31, Jan. 2010.
- H. J. Nam, S. K. Choi, S. S. Shin, and Y. H. Cho, "Noise reduction of digital image using wavelet coefficient," in Spring Conference on The Korea Contents Society, Daejeon: Korea, pp. 376-382, May. 2003.