- Issue spc9
DOI QR Code
Marine Molluscan Fauna of Jindo Island
- Lee, Yucheol (Department of Biological Sciences, Inha University) ;
- Choe, Yeongjae (Division of EcoScience, Ewha Womans University) ;
- Shin, Youngheon (Department of Biological Sciences, Inha University) ;
- Kim, Taeho (Division of Environmental Science and Ecological Engineering, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University) ;
- Park, Jina (Division of EcoScience, Ewha Womans University) ;
- Park, Joong-Ki (Division of EcoScience, Ewha Womans University)
- Received : 2016.11.14
- Accepted : 2016.11.22
- Published : 2016.12.31
As a part of the commemorative joint faunal survey for the 30th anniversary of the Korean Society of Systematic Zoology, the molluscan fauna of Jindo Island was investigated based on sample collection from 6 localities from the 6 to the 8 of Jul 2016. A total of 114 molluscan species from 47 families were collected and identified. Among these, 42 species from 11 families are newly reported from Jindo Island and combining the previous records with the present study totals 157 species from 57 families. Distribution of species records indicates that marine biogeography of Jindo Island represent an overlapping zone for marine organisms which dwell in the Yellow sea and the southern sea areas of Korean waters.
Supported by : Marine Mollusk Resource Bank of Korea (MMRBK), National Institute of Ecology (NIE)
- Choe BL, 1992. Illustrated encyclopedia of fauna and flora of Korea, Vol. 33, Mollusca (II). Ministry of Education, Seoul, pp. 1-860 (in Korean).
- Choe BL, 2000. Molluscs of Gwanmaedo Island. Report on the survey of natural environment [CD-ROM]. Ministry of Environment, Seoul.
- Choe BL, 2002a. Molluscs of Jindo Island. Report on the survey of natural environment [CD-ROM]. Ministry of Environment, Seoul.
- Choe BL, 2002b. Molluscs of Seogeochado Island. Report on the survey of natural environment [CD-ROM]. Ministry of Environment, Seoul.
- Choe BL, Park JK, 1993. Cerithiidae (Gastropoda: Mesogastropoda) from Korean waters. Korean Journal of Systematic Zoology, 9:1-11.
- Choe BL, Park JK, 1997. Description of muricid species (Gastropoda: Neogastropoda) collected from the coastal areas of South Korea. Korean Journal of Biological Sciences, 1:281-296. https://doi.org/10.1080/12265071.1997.9647368 https://doi.org/10.1080/12265071.1997.9647368
- Choe BL, Park MS, Jeon LG, Park SR, Kim HT, 1999. Commercial molluscs from the freshwater and continental shelf in Korea. National Fisheries Research and Development Institute, Busan, pp. 1-197 (in Korean).
- Kil HJ, Yoon SH, Kim W, Choe BL, Sohn HJ, Park JK, 2005. Faunistic investigation for marine mollusks in Jindo Island. Korean Journal of Systematic Zoology, Special Issue, (5):29-46.
- Kim HS, Kwon DH, 1983. Marine invertebrate fauna in the vicinity of Jindo Island. Report on the Survey of Natural Environment of Korea, No. 3, Jodo Area, Dadohae Marine National Park. KNCCN. Kyohaksa, Seoul, pp. 315-336 (in Korean).
- Min DG, Lee JS, Go DB, Jae JG, 2004. Mollusca in Korea. Hangeul, Seoul, pp. 1-566 (in Korean).
- Okutani T, 2000. Marine mollusks in Japan. University of Tokyo Press, Tokyo, pp. 1-1173.
- Yum SS, 1995. Systematic study of Korean neoloricates (Polyplacophora, Mollusca) based on karyotype and character analyses. PhD thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, pp. 1-232 (in Korean).