- Volume 11 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Improved DC Offset Error Compensation Algorithm in Phase Locked Loop System
- Park, Chang-Seok (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Kyungnam University) ;
- Jung, Tae-Uk (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Kyungnam University)
- Received : 2015.12.17
- Accepted : 2016.08.06
- Published : 2016.11.01
This paper proposes a dc error compensation algorithm using dq-synchronous coordinate transform digital phase-locked-loop in single-phase grid-connected converters. The dc errors are caused by analog to digital conversion and grid voltage during measurement. If the dc offset error is included in the phase-locked-loop system, it can cause distortion in the grid angle estimation with phase-locked-loop. Accordingly, recent study has dealt with the integral technique using the synchronous reference frame phase-locked-loop method. However, dynamic response is slow because it requires to monitor one period of grid voltage. In this paper, the dc offset error compensation algorithm of the improved response characteristic is proposed by using the synchronous reference frame phase-locked-loop. The simulation and the experimental results are presented to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed dc offset error compensation algorithm.
Supported by : Kyungnam University Foundation
- Yuan Wu, V. K. N. Lau, D. H. K. Tsang, Li Ping Qian and Limin Meng, "Optimal Energy Scheduling for Residential Smart Grid With Centralized Renewable Energy Source," IEEE. Systems Journal, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 562-576, Jun. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSYST.2013.2261001
- S. R. Bull, "Renewable Energy today and tomorrow," IEEE. Proceedings, Vol. 89, No. 8, pp. 1216-1226, Aug. 2002.
- Y. M. Atwa, "Optimal Renewable Resources Mix for Distribution System Energy Loss Minimization," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 360-370, Feb. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2009.2030276
- B. Kroposki, P. K. Sen and K. Malmedal, "Optimum Sizing and Placement of Distributed and Renewable Energy Sources in Electric Power Distribution Systems," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, Vol. 49, No. 6, pp. 2741-2752, Nov/Dec. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2013.2262661
- M. Aiello, A. Cataliotti, V. Cosentino, and S. Nuccio, "Synchronization techniques for power quality instruments," IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., Vol. 56, No. 5, pp. 1511-1519, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2007.903585
- A. Cataliotti, V. Cosentino, and S.Nuccio, "A phaselocked loop for the synchronization of power quality instruments in the presence of stationary and transient disturbances," IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas, Vol. 56, No. 6, pp. 2232-2239, Dec. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2007.908350
- G. Wang, H. Zhan, G. Zhang, X. Gui, and D. Xu, "Adaptive compensation method of position estimation harmonic error for EMF-based observer in sensorless IPMSM drives," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 3055-3064, Jun. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2276613
- R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, and P. Rodriguez, "Grid Converters for Photovoltaic and Wind Power System," Chichester, U.K.: Wiley, 2011.
- C. Subranmanian, R. Kanagaraj, "Rapid Tracking of Grid Variables Using Prefiltered Synchonous Reference Frame PLL," IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas, Vol. 64, No. 7, pp. 1826-1836, July. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2014.2366275
- Behzad Mirzaeian Dehkordi, Amir Farrokh Payam, Mohammad Naser Hashemnia and Seung-Ki Sul, "Design of an Adaptive Backstepping Controller for Doubly-Fed Induction Machine Drives," IEEE Trans Power Electron, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 343-353, May. 2009.
- Sol-Bin Lee, Kyo-Beum Lee, Dong-Choon Lee and Jang-Mok Kim, "An Improved Control Method for a DFIG in a Wind Turbine under an Unbalanced Grid Voltage Condition," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 614-622, 2011.
- K. De Brabandere, T. Loix, K. Engelen, B. Bolsens, J. Van den Keybus, J. Driesen and R. Belmans, "Design and Operation of a Phase-Locked Loop with Kalman Estimator-Based Filter for Single-Phase Applications," IEEE Industrial Electronics (IECON) 2006, pp. 525-530, 2006.
- Xiaorui Guo, Jifeng Guo, "A New Synchronization Algorithm for Grid-Connected Inverters," Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 869-875, Mar. 2014. https://doi.org/10.12785/amis/080249
- U. A. Miranda, M. Aredes, and L. G. B. Rolim, "A dq synchronous reference frame control for single-phase converters," in Proc. PESC, 2005, pp. 1377-1381.
- S. H. Hwang, L. Liu and J. M. Kim, "DC offset error compensation for synchronous reference frame PLL in single-phase grid-connected converters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron, Vol. 27, No. 8, pp. 3467-3471, Aug. 2012.
- F. Blaabjerg, R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre and A. V. Timbus, "Overview of Control and Grid Synchronization for Distributed Power Generation Systems," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol. 53, No. 5, pp. 1398-1409, Oct. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.881997
- V. Kaura, V. Blasko, "Operation of a phase locked loop system under distorted utility conditions," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 58-63, Jan/Feb. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.567077
- A Back-EMF Estimation Error Compensation Method for Accurate Rotor Position Estimation of Surface Mounted Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors vol.10, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/en10081160