- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Pre-treatment Characteristics of Night Soil by Microbubble
마이크로버블을 이용한 분뇨의 전처리 특성
- Received : 2016.09.23
- Accepted : 2016.11.03
- Published : 2016.12.30
This study was conducted to investigate the effect of OH radicals on organic matter oxidation and suspended solids removal using microbubble as a pre-treatment technique to reduce the organic load of night soil in connection with sewage. The experiment was conducted for three months at HRT 4 hours using pressurized type microbubble generator. The mean SS removal efficiency was achieved 71%. The average removal efficiency of
Microbubble;Night soil;Oxidation;OH radical;Organics removal
- Ministry of Environment, 2014 Statistics of Sewerage, pp. 17. (2015).
- Ministry of Environment, Operation & Management Guideline of Public Sewage Facilities, (2015).
- Jang, J. K., Sung, J. H., Kang, Y. K. and Kim, Y. H., "The Effect of the Reaction Time Increases of Microbubbles with Catalyst on the Nitrogen Reduction of Livestock Wastewater", Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 37(10), pp. 578-582. (2015). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2015.37.10.578
- Kim, C. G. and Shin, H. G., "Determination of Optimal Livestock Wastewater Treatment Process for Linked Treatment in Sewage Treatment Plant", Journal of the Organic Resource Recycling Association, 20(3), pp. 52-59. (2012).
- Takahashi, M., Chiba, K. and Li, P., "Free-Radical Generation from Collapsing Microbubbles in the Absence of a Dynamic Stimulus", The Journal of Physical Chemistry, 111(6), pp. 1343-1347. (2007). https://doi.org/10.1021/jp0669254
- Li, P., Tsuge, H. and Itoh, K., "Oxidation of Dimethyl Sulfoxide in Aqueous Solution Using Microbubbles", Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 48(17), pp. 8048-8053. (2009). https://doi.org/10.1021/ie801565v
- Kurup, N. and Naik, P., "Microbubbles : A Novel Delivery System", Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Health Care, 2(3), pp. 228-234. (2010).
- Tabei, K., Haruyamu, S., Yamaguchi, S., Shirai, H. and Takakusagi, F., "Study of Microbubble Generation by Swirl Jet", Journal of Environment and Engineering, 2(1), pp. 172-182. (2007). https://doi.org/10.1299/jee.2.172
- Margery, S. B., The American Heritage Dictionary of English Language, 4th ed., Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, USA, (2000).
- Kawahara, A., Sadatomi, M., Matsuyama, F., Matsuura, H., Tominaga, M. and Noguchi, M. "Prediction of Microbubble Dissolution Characteristics in Water and Sea Water", Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 33(5), pp. 883-894. (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.expthermflusci.2009.03.004
- Agarwal, A., Ng, W. J. and Liu, Y. "Principle and Applications of Microbubble and Nanobubble Technology for Water Treatment", Chemosphere, 84(9), pp. 1175-1180. (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2011.05.054
- Marui, T., "An Introduction to Micro/Nano-Bubbles and Their Applications", Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, 11(4), pp. 68-73. (2013).
- Cha, H. S., "Present State and Future Prospect for Microbubble Technology", Bulletin of food technology, 22(3), pp. 544-552. (2009).
- Li, P., Takahashi, M. and Chiba, K., "Enhanced Free-Radical Generation by Shrinking Microbubbles Using a Copper Catalyst", Chemosphere, 77, pp. 1157-1160. (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2009.07.062
- Lim, J. Y., Kim, H. S., Park, S. Y. and Kim, J. H., "Evaluation of Characteristics for Microbubble Generation According to Venturi Nozzle Specification", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 16(9), pp. 6397-6402. (2015). https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6397
- Kim, H. S., et.al, "Estimation of Contribution Ratio of Element for Improving Performance of Pressurized-Dissolution Type Microbubble Generator", Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society Fall Season Conference, pp. 641-643. (2015).
- Ministry of Environment, Standard methods for examination of water quality. (2014).
- APHA(American Public Health Association), Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 17th ed., Washington DC, USA, (1989).
- Kim, J. H., et.al, "Evaluation of Possibility of Microbubble in the A2O+MBR Process for Night Soil", Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society Fall Season Conference, pp. 648-651. (2015).
- Lee, I. K., Lee, E. Y., Lee, H. J. and Lee, K. S., "Removal of COD and Color from Anaerobic Digestion Effluent of Livestock Wastewater by Advanced Oxidation Using Microbubbled Ozone", Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 22(6), pp. 617-622. (2011).
- Jang, J. K., Kim, M. Y., Sung, J. H., Chang, I. S., Kim, T. Y., Kim, H. W., Kang, Y. K. and Kim, Y. H. "Effect of the Application of Microbubbles and/or Catalyst on the Sludge Reduction and Organic Matter of Livestock Wastewater", Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 37(10), pp. 558-562. (2015). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2015.37.10.558