- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Studies on Nutritional Analysis and Antioxidant activity of Oriental Medicines with Bloodstream Improvement
혈류개선 효능을 지닌 한약재의 영양성분 분석 및 항산화 활성에 관한 연구
- Park, Sung-Hye (Dept. of Food and Nutrition Kwangju Women's University) ;
- Park, Byung-Ju (Dept. of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University) ;
- Park, Hae-Ryoung (Division of Liberal Arts & Teacher Training, Kwangju Women's University)
- Received : 2016.08.04
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
This study investigated applicable values and developments of 5 different kinds of oriental medicine materials as functional supplements or medicinal uses, known to improve blood circulation by means of analyzing nutritional compositions and antioxidant activities. Among general nutritional compositions, protein, iron and copper contents in Polygini Multiflori Radix (20.28%,
Angelica Gigantis Radix;Bloodstream Improvement;Convergence;Longanae Arillus;Paeoniae Radix;Polygini Multiflori Radix;Rehmanniae Radix Preparata
- C. Ankney, Anatomy & Physiologt for health professions, pp. 273-292, 2007.
- A. M. Papas, "Antioxidant status, diet, nutrition and health", pp. 251-299, CRC Press, 1999.
- A. Chevallier, Herbal medicine, p.237, 2005.
- C. S. Park, "Antioxidtive and nitrite scvenging abilities of medicinal plant extracts", Korean J. Food Preserv, Vol. 12, pp.631-636, 2005.
- J. H. Han, Y. J. Song, S. H. Park, "Development of drink from composition with medicinal plants and evaluation of its physiologial function in arota relaxation", Korean J, Oriental Physiology & Pathology, Vol. 18, pp. 1078-1082, 2004.
- J. W. Lee, H. Y. Kim, B. S. Shim, S. H. Kim, S. H. Choi, K. S. Ahn, "Angiogenic inhibition effects of several herbs supplementing Qi and Blood", Vol. 11, pp.105-111, 2006.
- J. Y. Lee , K. H. Kim, B. C. Kim, "Bibliographic study on the orgin", The Journal of Applied Oriental Medicine, pp. 59-69, 2005.
- Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Association of Official Methods of Analysis (15th-ed), p. 788, 1990.
- Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Association of Official Methods of Analysis(16th-ed), p. 20, 1995.
- M. L. Richmond, S. C. Brandao, J. I. Gray, P. Markakis, C.M. Stine, "Analysis of simple sugar and sorbitol in fruit by HPLC", J. Agri. Food Chem., Vol. 29, pp. 4-7, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00103a002
- M. A. Amerin, C. S. Ough, "Method for analysis of nusts and wine", John Wiley and Sons, New York, pp. 179-180, 1980.
- V. L. Singleton, R. Orthofe, R. M. Lamuela-Raventos, "Methods in Enzymology", pp. 152-177, Academic Press, 1999.
- A. A. L. Ordonez, J. D. Gomez, M. I. Isla, "Antioxidant activity of Sechium edule Swartz extracts", Food Chem, Vol. 97, pp. 452-458, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2005.05.024
- W. Brand-Williams, M. E. Cuvelier, C. Berse, "Use of a free radical method to evaluate antioxidant acivity", LWT, Vol. 28, pp. 25-30, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0023-6438(95)80008-5
- J. Y. Kim, Y. S. Lee, Y. H. Lim, "Biological and antifungal activity of herval plant extracts against Candida species", Kor. J. Mocroial Biotechnol., Vol. 1, pp. 42-48, 2009.
- I. S. Choi, E. J. Cha, Y. R. Lee, J. K. Kim, "Antioxidant and anticancer activities of Yak-sun tea by oriental medicinal herb", Korean J. Food & Nutr., Vol. 25, pp. 447-453, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2012.25.3.447
- Y. Choi, M. S. Kim, J. J. Shin, J. M. Park, J. Lee, "The antioxidant activities of some commercial teas", J. Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr, Vol. 32, pp. 723-727, 2003. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.5.723
- M. S. Blios, "Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radica"l, Nature, Vol. 26, pp. 1199-1200, 1958.
- H. K. Oh, M. S. Shin, H. S. Lim, "A Study on the quality characteristics of the bread with Samultang", J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr, Vol. 36, pp. 643-650, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.5.643
- J. S. Kwak, "Development of the functional candy for nourishing of the blood using oriental herb medicines", J. Life Sci. & Nat. Res. Vol. 30, pp. 45-58, 2007.