- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Modern Values of Character Education Observed through Sohak in Convergence Era
융복합시대에 『소학』을 통해 본 인성교육의 현대적 가치
- Cha, Hyeon-ju (College of Social Sciences, SungKyunKwan University)
- 차현주 (성균관대학교 사회과학대학)
- Received : 2016.09.01
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
This research focuses on the modern social phenomenon on child education which still, heavily focuses on knowledge transfer where in the past, traditional society emphasized its focal point on character education. At this, character education plans from various angles have been performed. However, the timely request for character education is becoming more desperate in demand. Therefore, the research has contemplated on Sohak, which was the foundation of character education in Korean traditional education, and recognized necessity to review its modern values as the convergence era has approached our society. Modernization of Sohak's teachings to approach modern issue of character education in our society will hold significant value because of its creative inheritance of psychological values and culture to children from the traditional society.
Sohak;Character Education;Convergence era;Children;Knowledge education
- H. J. Cha, H. S. Cho, "An Exploratory Study on the Factors of Parental Rearing Behavior Based on Vygotsky's Theory of Constructivism for Developing Convergence Digital Contents", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 453-464, 2015.
- H. J. Cha, "Re-illumination of the Tea Ceremony Education through Sohak of the Joseon dynasty," Journal of the Korean Tea Society, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 29-36, 2014.
- Dong-Eun Shin, "The educational principles of practice in Hsiao-hsueh and their modern meanings," The Graduate School of Yonsei University, doctoral dissertation, 2003.
- Hyang Kim, "A Study on Educational Values of So-Hak of Chosun Age," The Graduate School of Korea National University, master's thesis, 1994.
- Young-Sik Chang, "The value of So-Hak education of society centering around confucianism," The Graduate School of Kyungsung University, master's thesis, 1998.
- S. N. Park, "A study on Intellectuals' reception of Sohak at the end of Koryo," Journal of the Dongyang Hanmoon Association, Vol. 17, pp. 69-92, 2003.
- Kwan-Il Han, "A study of 'So-hak' education in the first half of the Yi-dynasty," The Graduate School of ChungAng University, doctoral dissertation, 1992.
- Kyung-Sook Kim, "A Study on the Sohak Education in Chosm Dybasty," The Graduate School of Korea National University, master's thesis, 1993.
- Seok-Jong Oh, "A Study on the theory of virtue education in Sohak," The Graduate School of Seoul National University, doctoral dissertation, 1999.
- H. K. Cho, "Significance of Educational Philosophy in Chu Hsi's Sohak," Philosophy of Education, Vol. 18, pp. 323-329, 2000.
- S. G. Oh, "A Study on the crisis of the modern education reform research for the Visual formulations," Journal of East Asian social thoughts, Vol. 4, pp. 163-197, 2001.
- B. H. kim, "Elementary Learning and Great Learning as Confucian Character Education," Philosophy of Education, Vol. 19, pp. 19-31, 2001.
- Kyoung-Ja Lee, "Loyalty and Respect shown in the contemporary educational thought of Sohak's," The Graduate School of Yonsei University, master's thesis, 2000.
- Sang-Won Lee, "Study on National Ethics Characteristics of Lee Dynasty Sohak Education," The Graduate School of Yeungnam University, master's thesis, 1984.
- Seong-Ki Kwak, "A Study on Educational of Lee Dynasty Sohak," The Graduate School of Wonkwang University, master's thesis, 1988.
- Yong-Ju Lee, "A Study on the application of Sohak to elementary moral education," The Graduate School of Seoul National University of Education, master's thesis, 2004.
- J. Y. Chol, "A Study on The Practical Application of Sohak in Elementary Moral Education," Korean Elementary Moral Education Society Conference Special Issue, pp. 49-60, 2012.
- Y. S. Cho, A. Y. Kim, H. S. Im, D.J. Sin, A. M. Cho, I. J. Kim, "Component Factors of Desirable Character Education," Journal of Educational Studies, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 131-152, 1998.
- D. W. NamKung, "Theory of Humanism Education," Seoul: Moonumsa Publishing Company, 1999.
- J. Hyun, S. K. Choi, S. H. Cha, D. Y. Ryu, H. K. Lee, "Research analysis on the condition of school's character education: focusing on Middle School," Korean Educational Development Institute, 2009.
- N. S. Jo, "A study of developing Character evaluation scale," Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation Research Report, 2004.
- B. H. An, Y. R. Won, C. M. Han, "Analysis of School Character Education and Its Implications for Character Education," Gangwon-do Educational Research Institute Research Report, 2004.
- S. B. Kang, E. S. Park, G. S. Kim, S. J. Song, Y. K. Chung, Y. R. Kim, M. S. Ko, "A Foundational Study for the Vision of Education for the Human Nature for 21st Century," Journal of research in education, Vol. 30, pp. 1-38. 2008.
- H. C. Lee, "Sohak," Seoul: Myungmundang Publishing Company, 1987.
- J. W. Kim, "Efficacy Analysis of Developed Course for Promoting Character Education with Women's University Students," Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 481-491, 2015.
- D. M. Kim, "A study on the class of education that builds students' character through films -Classes at the University of Liberal Arts-", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 309-314, 2015.
- J. W. Kim, "Efficacy Analysis of Developed Course for Promoting Character Education with Women's University Students", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 481-491, 2015.