- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The study of meanings and follow-up tasks for enactment of Assistive Technology Act in Korea
한국의 보조기기법 제정 의의와 후속과제에 대한 연구
- Nam, Se-hyun (Dept. of Rehabilitation, Hanshin University)
- 남세현 (한신대학교 재활학과)
- Received : 2016.09.01
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
This study was to explore the meanings and follow-up tasks for enactment of Act on Supply and Utilization Promotion of Assistive Technology Devices for People with Disabilities and Seniors(Assistive Technology Act) in Korea. I conducted analysis about contents and establishment process of the Act. The study found meaningful effects ; it provided the basis for supporting assistive technology devices based on the social model, it led to an Implementation of the national obligations such as UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, it provided terms related to assistive technology. It is suggested to conduct follow-up studies and to put the efforts to strengthen additional laws for backing up the effective policy for extended support of assistive technology devices and for security of budget, for establishing regional service centers, for phasing of professional qualification, for controlling quality, for establishing an information system, and for promoting industries.
Assistive Technology Act;Assistive Technology;Assistive Technology Professional;Disabled;Seniors
Supported by : 한신대학교
- Reed, B. J., Fried, J. H., and Rhoades, B. J.. "Empowerment and assistive technology: the local resource team model." Journal of Rehabilitation, 61, pp.30-35. 1995.
- Galvin, J. C., and Scherer, M. J.. "Evaluation, selection, and using appropriate assistive technology. Proed Inc", 1996.
- Edyburn, D., Higgins, K., and Boone, R.. "Handbook of special education technology research and practice, Knowledge by design, Inc.", 2004.
- S. D. Kang, J. H. Yook & Nam, S. H.. "A Method of Activating about Consumer Centered Assistive Technology Services. Korean Employment Agency for the Disabled", 2005.
- Mi-Jung. Kim. "Research Trends in Rehabilitation Program for Disabled Applying Virtual Reality Technology in Korea." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No.2. pp. 381-391. 2015.
- Sehyun Nam. "Role of the Center for Assistive Technology in regional local government." Journal of Disability and Welfare, 17, pp.149-162. 2012.
- S. H. Nam, J. Y. Kong, M. J. Kim, I. H. Kang & An, N. Y.. "A Study on the Improvement Polices of Assistive Technologies Devices for Seniors and Disabilities, Korea Ministry of Health and Welfare. Hanshin University", 2015.
- Y. M. Song and Jung, B. S.. "Convergence Development of Video and E-learning System for Education Disabled Students" Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6. No.4. pp. 113-119. 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.113
- Kil Sung Oh. "Necessity and Direction of Assistive Technology Related Legislation." Journal of Special Education & Rehabilitation Science, Vol. 47. No.1. pp. 47-66. 2008.
- KODDI., "Infra Establishing for Assistive Technology in Korea - about Policies and Legislation. Korea Ministry of Health and Welfare.Korea Disabled People's Development Institute", 2010.
- J. H. Yook, "An Analysis of Issues on Legislating Assistive Technology Act in Korea." Journal of Rehabilitation Welfare Engineering & Assistive Technology, Vol 9. No.4. pp.251-256. 2015.
- Smith. RO. "Models of service delivery in rehabilitation technology. In Rehabilitation technology service delivery: a practical guide. RESNA.", 1987.
- S. P. Hong. & Cha, Y. J.. "A Study of Occupational therapists' Role on Laws and Regulations Related to the Services of Assistive Technology in Foreign Countries." The Korean Society of Assistive Technology, Vol. 1. No.1, pp.1-9. 2009.
- Korea Ministry of Government Legislation, "Act on Supply and Utilization Promotion of Assistive Technology Devices for People with Disabilities and Seniors", 2016.
- United Nation. "Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities", 2008.
- Assistive Technology Service System at a Glance : Korea, USA, Japan, Australia vol.26, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14519/jksot.2018.26.2.05