- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Anti-inflammation Effect of Gynura Procumbens extract
명월초 추출물의 항염 효과에 대한 연구
- Jeon, Hyeong-Ju (Dep. of Food and Nutrition, Jangan University) ;
- Kwon, Hye-Jin (Dep. of Chemical Engineering, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2016.09.01
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
This study conducted the research about the positive effects of Gynura Procumbens on preventing dermatitis and infectious diseases the contemporary people have. To do it, this study measured the concentration of NF-kB, the extract of Gynura Procumbens. In this regard, cytosol, the extract of Gynura Procumbens, and nucleus went through the separation process. The concentration of major NF-kB among various factors to control inflammation was measured with the use of HDF cell. Regarding RAW264.7 cell, the amounts of NO to play an important role in reacting the skin immune system as the media of neural transmission were analyzed. The outcome about the extracts of Gynura Procumbens injected show that it can be expected that as the NF-kB protein and mRNA band were reduced, Gynura Procumbens would have anti-inflammatory effects that could contribute to preventing dermatitis and diseases. In addition, the extracts of Gynura Procumbens have significantly reduced NO with their concentration increasing. In other words, Gynura Procumbens are considered to regulate dependently the production of NO in the concentration of extracts. Thus there is an expectation that the more intensive research would be conducted to heal dermatitis. And it is deemed that Gynura Procumbens would be used as materials for cosmetics as well as foods that the contemporary people can widely consume if a more careful research about anti-inflammatory effects would be sustained on a human bodies' clinical level.
Gynura Procumbens extract;NF-kB;Nitric Oxide;Anti-inflammatory effect;Fusion materials
- J. W. Kim, S. H. Kang, K. W. Lee, "Effect of Ascorbic Acid Against the Oxidative Stress-Induced Cellular Senescence in Trabecular Meshwork Cells", Journal journal of the Korean Ophthalmological Society, Vol. 54, No. 3, 490-495, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3341/jkos.2013.54.3.490
- H. J. Lee, S. E. Oh, "Interrelationship between Environmental Stresses , Reactive Oxygen Species, and Stress - Ethylene", Journal of Ecology and Environment, Vol. 17, No. 1, 91-100, 1994.
- Su-Jeong Oh, "Physiological Activating Material Searching and Skin Whitening Improvement Effect of the Extracts from Phragmitis Rhizoma", Doctorate thesis, Graduate School Kwangju women's University. 2011.
- S. H. Park, K. O. Cha, "Oriental and Western Food Effects Analysis of Misutgaru for Fusion Remedy in Diabetes Mellitus", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp. 137-143, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.137
- Eun-Kyung Kim,. "Phytochemical study of Gynura procumbens", Master of Kyoung Hee Univ. 2011.
- Hee-Souk Kwon, "Inhibition of melanogenesis and inflammation by ethanol extract of Cordyceps militaris", Ph.D. dissertation, Chungang University. 2005.
- J. I. Han, H. H. Sung, C. E. Park, "Study on Convergence Technique Using the Antimicrobial Resistance and Virulence Genes Analysis in Escherichia coli", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 77-84, 2015.
- J. H. Ryu, H. Anh, J. Y. Kim, Y. K. Kim, "Inhibitory activity ofplant extracts on nitric oxide synthesis in LPS-activated macrophage", Phytother, Res, Vol. 17 No. 5 pp. 485-489, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.1180
- Sur, I. M. Ulvmar., R. Toftgard. "The two-faced NF-kappaB in the skin" Int Rev Immunol, Vol. 27 No. 4 , pp. 205-228, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/08830180802130319
- C. C. Cha, H.. W. Lee, M. Y. Choi, "Antioxidative and antimicrobial effects of nut species", Kor. J. Pharmacogn, Vol. 112 No. 3 pp.28-34 1998.
- Liang. Y. C. Huang. Y. T. Tsai. S. H. Lin-shiau. S. Y. Chen. C. F. Lin. J. K, "Suppression of inducible cyclooxygenase and inducible nitric oxide synthase by apigenin and related flavonoids in mousemacrophage", Carcinogenesis, Vol. 20 No. 10 pp. 1945-1952, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/20.10.1945
- K. M. Lim., G. T. Jung, D. H. Park, "Study of antimicrobial and DPPH radical scavenger activity of wood vinegar", Korean Journal Biotechnol. Bioeng., Vol. 19 No. 5, pp. 381-384, 2004.
- Dahye Park, Eunhee Jang, "Convergence Factors Related to Glycemic Control in Workers with Diabetes Mellitus : using the Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2009-2013", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 95-103, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.095
- Patel. T. N. M. H. Shishehbor, D. L. Bhatt, "A review of high-dose statin therapy: targeting cholesterol and inflammation in atherosclerosis", Eur Heart .Journal, Vol. 28 No. 6, pp. 664-736, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehl445
- Ding. A. H. Nathan. C. F. Stuhr. D. J, "Release of reactive nitrogen intermediates and reactive oxygen intermediates from mousse peritonealmacrophages", J. Immunol, Vol. 141 No 7 .2407-2412, 1988.
- The Functional Effects on Anti-oxidant and Anti-inflammation of Veronica persica Poir. Extracts vol.26, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11625/KJOA.2018.26.4.661