- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Representations of the Korean Disabled Men Images through the Relationships in Multicultural Society in Korean Novels
한국 소설에 재현된 다문화 사회 장애 남성상
- Kim, Se-Ryoung (Dept. of Korean Language&culture, Hoseo university) ;
- Nam, Se-Hyun (Dept. of Rehabilitation, Hanshin university)
- Received : 2016.09.01
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
This study is focused on showing possibilities and limitations of the disabled men roles through the relationships with migrant women in korean novels, furthermore it is discovering the problems and the directions for successful cohabitation of the disabled men and migrant women in Korea. To accomplish this purpose of study, we analyzed and criticized 5 Korean novels which described the life of a disabled man with a migrant woman in Korean multicultural society. As a result, the disabled man in those relationships represented the man who was only true to his own desires or the man of the minority in social restraint due to disability and also those men can be classified as attackers or helpers for their migrant lovers. These formulaic expressions being problematic by themselves also facilitate making distorted images of the disabled men and migrant women.
- National Index System: http://www.index.go.kr/potal/main/EachDtlPageDetail.do?idx_cd=2756
- "Survey of multi-cultural families across the country in 2015", pp.ii-iii, Gender Equality and Family, 2016.1.
- Y. S., Lee& G. H., Kim& K. Y., Min& M. S., Park& S. D., Park&H. H., Bang& Y. H., Seongok&S. R., Lee&K. M., Chun& T. H. T., Pham& S. H., Lee, "A Double Burden : Multicltural Families and Disabilities", Special Education Research, Vol.14(1), pp.227-230.
- Young-Ae, Jung, "A Study on the Education Model for Information Literacy Improvement of Multi-cultural Family Children", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2011, pp. 15-20.
- C. U., Lee&J. G., Kang&J. E., Roh, UnderStanding of Multiculturalism in Korea, Kyungjin publishing, 2014, pp.185-187.
- Un-Yeong, Cheon, Farewell Circus, Literature Village, 2005.
- Eun-Il, Song, Ask the Love, Dakyobookscan, 2008.
- Ryeo-Ryeong, Kim, Wandeugi, Chang-bee, 2008.
- Jae-Young, Kim, "Flower Sedan Chair Ship", Binge, Chang-bee, 2009.
- Bo-Yun, Ahn, "The Direction of a Spiral", Munhak Sasang, pp.92-111, 2013.12.
- C. U., Lee&J. G., Kang&J. E., Roh, Understanding of Multiculturalism in Korea, Kyungjin publishing, 2014, pp.199-215.
- Un-Yeong, Cheon, "women who were not one", Farewell Circus, Literature Village, 2005, p.281.
- Eun-Il, Song, "Writer's Epilogue", Ask the Love, Dakyobookscan, 2008, 330-332.
- Eunjoo, Shin, My Choice My Dream, Jungin, 2009.
- Se-Ryoung, Kim, "A Study on the Reproduction of Korean-Chinese Immigrants in Korean Novels Since 2000s", The Studies Of Korean Literature, vol.37, 2012.10, p.427.
- Mi-Lim, Lee, Multiculture and Strangers of the 21st centry Korean modern novels, Prunsasang, pp.171-194.
- Heon-guk, Kang, "Coincidence or Fate", Novel of the Year in the issue, Prunsasang, 2015, p.93.
- Se-Hyun, Nam, "Research on the actual conditions & needs for achieving independent living of people with muscular dystrophy", Hanshin University (Master Degree), 2004, pp.15-41.
- Se-Hyun, Nam, A Study on the Enhancing Job Accommodation Support System and Its Application in Korea, Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, Vol.24, No. 1, 2014, pp.137-157.
- Sun-Hee, Choi, "A Study of the Views on Individuals with Disabilities in Korean Novels", Chosun University (Master Degree), 2008, pp.45-46.
- Se-Ryoung, Kim, "New Horizon of Korean Disability Literature-Focusing on Misun Kim's novels", The Journal of Korean Fiction Research, Vol.52, 2015.8, pp.217-255.
- Aronson, Elliot, The Social Animal, Worth Publshers, 2011.