- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Relations among Participants in Sport for all, Satisfaction of Participation and Intention to Adhere to Exercise I (A Study on Characteristics of Participants)
생활체육 참여자와 참여만족, 운동지속의사와의 관계 I (참여자의 성격을 중심으로)
- Lee, Sheng-Yen (Kyonggi University)
- 이승은 (경기대학교)
- Received : 2016.08.09
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
The study was to research relations among 5 characteristic-factors of participants in sport for all, satisfaction of participation and intention to adhere to exercise. First, the implications of 5 characteristic-factors effect on satisfaction of participation are as blow. Extroversion has a positive effect on psychological satisfaction, satisfaction of relaxation, social satisfaction and physical satisfaction. Openness has a positive effect on satisfaction of relaxation and affinity has a positive effect on social satisfaction and physical satisfaction. Emotional instability has a negative effect on environmental satisfaction. Second, hierarchical regression analysis of 5 characteristic-factors effect on satisfaction of participation and intention to adhere to exercise is as follows. Characteristics-factors of participants have an effect on intention to adhere to exercise in order of extroversion and affinity. Satisfaction of participation has an effect on intention to adhere to exercise in the order of social satisfaction, satisfaction of relaxation and physical satisfaction.
Participants in Sport for All;5 Characteristic-Factors;Intention to Adhere to Exercise;Satisfaction of Participation;Characteristics of Participants
- N. D. Kim, Trend Korea 2014. Seoul: Future Window, 2013.
- Y. H. Shin, "Historical Processing of Korea Council of Sport for All through the National Sport Policy", Graduate School of Physical Education Korea National Sport University, 2011.
- Academic-industrial Coperation of Kwan-dong University, "National Federation of Sport for each event the national development plan", Seoul: National Life Sports, 2013.
- Erich, F, "Escape from Freedom(S. H. Gim Station)", Seoul: Humanists (Additional nuclear power plants in 1942), 2012.
- J. T. Kim, "The Theory of Inferior skill of Jung and the Utilization of Counseling and Psychological Treatment", Journal of the Korea Academy of Psychological Type, Vol, 2, No. 1, pp. 1-21, 1995.
- Barrick, M. R., & Mount, M. K. "The big five personality dimensions and job performance: A meta-analysis". Personnel Psychology, Vol, 44, pp. 1-26, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1991.tb00688.x
- Salgado, J. F, "The five factor model of Personality and job performance in the European community", Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol, 82, pp.30-43, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.82.1.30
- B. M. Min, "Five-factor model in the personal personality - and the concordance between the organization performing", doctorate thesis, Korea University, 2001.
- S. R. Choi, "Temporal Study on the Relationship Between Personalities of MBTI and Those of Astrology", Changwon National University, 2010.
- C. O. Lee, "Effects of Big 5 Personality Traits of hotel culinary employees and LMX on Innovative Behavior: Adjustment Effects of Organizational Commitment", Hotel & Tourism, Hospotality Management Dong Eui University, 2014.
- Goldberg, L. R, "Language and individual differences: The big-five factor structure", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 59, No. 6, pp. 1216-1299, 1990‚ https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1686
- Costa Jr, P. T., & McCrae, R. R, "Normal personality assessment in clinical practice‚ The NEO personality inventory‚" Psychological Assessment, Vol, 4, pp. 5-13, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1037/1040-3522.214.171.124
- Y. N. Kim, "The relationship between teacher's personality traits and the instructional satisfaction level of the students", Department of Education, Daejin University, 2012.
- S. J. Bae, "The study on personality traits influence on organizational citizenship behavior", Dongshin University, 2014.
- H. G. Kwak, "The Relationshop Among Leisure Satisfaction, Self-efficacy and Social Adjustment in Participants of Leisure Sports", Department of Physical Education, Inha University, 2007.
- S. H. Bang, "The relationship model of life sport participants' participation motive, leisure attitude, involvement and life satisfaction", Doctorate thesis, Chung-ang University, 2012.
- L. Seul, J. H. Hong, K. W. Kim, "Experience of Addictive Exercisers under the Conditions of Exercise Deprivation", Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol 20, No 2, 129-143, 2009. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2009.20.1.129
- E. Y. Chun, "Actual Condition of Medical Neglect, and the Relationship between Exercise Addiction and Medical Neglect of Life Sports Participants", Department of Physical Education, Dankook University, 2012.
- B. G. Park, "The Lifestyle of the Leisure Sports Participants", Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol 36, No 2, pp. 2098-2104, 1997.
- B. H. Park, S. Y. Lim, "The analysis relationship model: Between Rate of Participation of Senior in Exercise, Self-esteem, and Life Satisfaction", Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol 33, No 1, pp. 683-694, 2008.
- C. H. Jeong, B. J. Kim, Understanding of sports psychology. Seoul: Keum-Gang, 2002.
- C. H. Lim, W. G. Jeong, E. S. Yang, G. S. Kwon, "A Comparative estudy on personality traits of the life-physics between the participants and the non-participants", Korea Sports Research, Vol 10, No 4, pp. 83-92, 1999.
- Y. J. Kim, J. Yoo, "A study on relationships between the NEO-PI-R and Leisure behavior predicted factors", Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 23, pp. 527-537, 2005.
- Y. H. So, "Relationship among Big-5 Personality Factors, Basic Psychological Needs, and Exercise Outcome Expectation of Life Sports Participants", Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol 24, No 1, 13-28, 2013.
- M. K. Park, K. R. Kim, K. H. Oh, "The Relations between Exercise Commitment and Leisure Satisfaction Depending on Participation Degree of Badminton club members ", Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies, Vol 34, No 3, pp. 83-93, 2010.
- H. S. Shin, "Aerobics Participants' Flow Experience and Participation Satisfaction According to Environmental Factors", Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies, Vol 32, No 3, pp. 187-195, 2008.
- Y. R. Jeong, S. B. An, D. G. Kim, "The Effect of Golf Practice Center Service Quality on Participation Satisfaction and Intention to Continue Exercise", Korean Professional Golfers Association, Vol 7, No 2, pp. 34-43, 2013.
- O. G. Kim, J. Y. Lim, "Effects of Individualorganization Personality Agreement using Five-factor Model on Hospital Nurses' Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment", The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol 21, No 2, pp. 164-173, 2015. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.2.164
- J. H. Kim, E. M. Lim, "Exploring the Mediating Roles of Major Selection Type on the Relationship between Personality and Major Satisfaction", Journal of Career Education Research, Vol 27, No 4, pp. 19-39, 2014.
- G. D. Lee, J. E. Lee, "The Effects of Personality Factors and Organizational Identification on Life Satisfaction", Korea Research Academy of Distribution and Management, Vol 18, No 3, pp. 5-16, 2015.
- Berger, B. G., Pargman, D., & Winberg, R. S, "Foundations of exercise psychology", Morgan Town, WV: Fitness Information Technology, 2002.
- S. H. Hyun, "The Influence of Dance sport Fun Factors and Exercise Environment Satisfaction on Leisure Flow and Exercise Adherence", Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol 45, No 4, pp. 103-112, 2006.
- B. M. Min, K. I. Lee, J. J. Chang, "NEO Personality", PSI Consulting: Seoul, 1997.
- Beard, J. G., & Ragheb, M. G. "Measuring leisure satisfaction", Journal of Leisure Research, 12, pp. 20-23, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1080/00222216.1980.11969416
- J. G, Kim, " A Study on Relations between the Participation Motivation of Users of Public Sports Facilities and Their Leisure Satisfaction, Customer Loyalty, and Community Attachment", Department of Sports Sciences, Catholic University of Daegu, 2013.
- Corbin, C. B., & Lindsey, R, "Concepts of physical fitness". Dubuque, IA: Wm. C. Brown Communications, 1994.
- J. J. Song, "SPSS / AMOS statistical analysis required for the thesis", Competition: Articles 21st Century, 2012.
- C. S. Jeong, "A Source of Enjoy and Worry in University P. E. Course", Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 22, 129-142, 2004.
- G. G. Han, C. S. Jung, "Survey on Awareness of Cultural Physical Education Class in Universities", Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 21, pp. 165-175, 2004.
- S. H. Song, D. H. Ha, H. J. Choi, "Study of correlation between personality and intrinsic-extrinsic motivation", The Korean Educational Research, Vol 10, No 1, p. 125-150, 2004.
- D. H. Ha, H. J. Cho, S. H. Song, "Study of correlation between personality and intricsic-extrinsic motivation", Korean Educational Psychology Association, Vol 17, No 4, pp. 1-21, 2003.
- C. R. Kwak, H. S. Lee, "Study on the Influence 'On -line' based Leisure Activity Participation Motivation and Leisure Satisfaction : Focusing on Chinese Students in Korea", Tourism Institute of Northeast Asia, Vol 7, No 2, pp. 25-16, 2011.
- I. H. Park, S. C, Kim, "Study about Changes in Physical Self-Description and Factors through Yoga: Participation motivation, Satisfaction factor, Obstruction factor", Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol 20, No 4, pp. 205-216, 2009.
- J. S. Uh, G. Y. Jeong, "Effects of Participation Motivation in Leisure Sports Activities on Participation Satisfaction and Life Satisfaction among University Students", Research Institute of Curriculum and Instruction, Vol 17, No 1, pp. 53-70, 2013. https://doi.org/10.24231/rici.2013.17.1.53
- Diner, E. & Emmons, R. A, "The independence if positive negative affect", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 47, pp. 1105-1117, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1995
- M. J. Kim, H. B. Song, "A Study on Relation Leisure Satisfaction and Leisure Activities preference related to Big-Five Personality", Korea Association of Travel Agents, 11, pp. 29-48, 2013.
- Y. G. Jeong, "Relationship between Big-5 Factors and Affects of Participants in Leisure Sport and Exercise", Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol 39, No 4, pp. 265-275, 2000.
- Rhodes, R. E., Courneya, K. S., & Bobick, T. M, "Personality and exercise participation across the breast cancer experience", Psycho-Oncology, Vol 10 No 5, pp. 380-388, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.516
- David, E. A. & James, P. E, "Social Support and Principal Leadership Style: A means to reduce teacher stress", Education, Vol 105, No 3, pp. 372-332, 2001.
- Ross, R. R., Altmaier, E. M., & Russell. D. W, "Job stress, social support, and burnout among counseling center staff", Journal of Counseling Psychology, Vol 36, No 4, pp. 464-470, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0188.8.131.524
- S. R. Han, "The relationship between psychological process factor and participation behavior of sports event participants", Department of Sports Andong National University, 2011.
- S. W. Jang, "Relationship with the enjoyment source, involvement, leisure satisfaction and intention to exercise adherence of the old participants in Dance Sports", Physical Education, Dongduk Univercity, 2007.
- H. J. Seo, Y. J. Kim, "The Relationships among Sport Participation, Athlete Satisfaction, and Intention to Sport Continuance and Withdrawal of Adolescent Athletes", Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol 44, No 2, pp. 97-107, 2004.
- S. H. Jeon, "A study on socio-psychological variables affecting exercise adherence behavior variables", Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol 35, No 3, pp. 3142-3153, 1996.
- S. H. Oh, Y. K. Song, H. J. Kim, M. H. Heo, J. H. Cho, "The Construct - Related Validation of An Exercise Adherence Questionnaire", Korean Society of Measurement and Evaluation, Vol 2, No 2, pp. 39-52, 2000.
- Yoon seon-o, kim woo ho, "Convergent research on how golf affects the subjective happiness of mothers who have children with disabilities", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 47-54, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.047
- Dong-Won Kim, "Wheelchair tennis has ever fusion of classroom participation of the physically disabled basic psychological needs and exercise emotional and exercise commitment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 15-23, 2015.