- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Service Design in Airport for Sharing the Cultural Difference Among Tourists
여행객들의 문화적 차이 공유를 위한 공항 내 서비스 디자인 제안
- Gu, Min Hui (Dept. of Design Management, Hongik Univ., International Design School for Advanced Studies) ;
- Kim, Seung-In (Digital Media Design, Hongik Univ., International Design School for Advanced Studies)
- Received : 2016.06.23
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
There has been an enormous increase not only in the international economic exchanges but also in the cultural exchanges. However, studies to settle the cultural differences have been studied a lot with in economic and business partial but research of eliminating cultural differences for travelers has not been studied. Therefore, in this study, we tried to develop the service design to eliminate the cultural differences. To set the spatial range, we choose airport which can be the hub and the door of the travelers at the same time. Moreover, we tried to understand the meaning of communication and sharing to resolve differences in culture through literature studies. Further, we analyzed the airport application and examples of Wi-Fi linked services, so can be applied to the proposal. Travelers share the cultural differences by themselves; through the Wi-Fi service in the airport, and the existing airport application. We expect to be able to resolve the cultural differences between nations and develop not only their prosperity but also the national image by this service.
Tourist;Culture Difference;Sharing;Airport Service;Service Design;Sharing Culture
- Korea Educational Psychology Association, Terminology of educational psychology, Hakjisa, 2000. 1. 10.
- Yeong-sil Park, Global Manor Journal, The Korea Economic Daily DOI:http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid=201512159826g
- Jae-Il Kwon, Case Study of Asian Airline's Cultural Marketing, Korea Academic Society Of Tourism Management, Vol.27, No.4, 2012.
- OECD, The Impact of Culture on Tourism, January 2009.
- Paul Rozin, Five potential principles for understanding cultural differences in relation to individual differences, Vol 37, No.4, Journal of Research in Personality, pp.8, 2003.
- Bae-geun Cha, Introduction to Communication Studies, Seoul:Seyeongsa, 2004.
- Yun-hui Choi, intercultural communication, Communication Books, 2013. 2. 25.
- Jeong-mee Lee, Analysing Information Seeking Behavior of Foreigner in Korea, Journal Of The Korean Biblia Society For Library And Information Science, Vol.22, No.2, 2011.6.
- CAPA - Centre for Aviation and IIAC DOI:http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/seoul-incheon-airport-confronts-new-paradigm-chinesejapanese-hubs-take-transfer-traffic-208892
- Mobile Service Integrated Development Plan, Incheon International Airport Corporation, 2011.
- Bong-Koo Jung, Study on the Development of Airport Mobile Application Service through the Level and External Environments Analysis, master's thesis, 2015. 8.
- Jung-a Yoon, Young-ho Park, Don-il Lee, A Study on Characteristic of Public Space aspect of Service Design, Korean Society of Basic Design & Art, Vol.16, No.1, 2015. 02.
- DOI: http://first.wifi.olleh.com/olleh_starbucks/
- DOI: http://www.airport.kr/co/ko/3/1/1/index.jsp