- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Possibility about evaluation test of Substitution of NPC Alteration for AC/A Ratio
폭주근점 변화의 AC/A비 대체 평가지표에 대한 가능성
- Yoo, Hyun (Dept. of Health Science, Graduate School of Health Science, Far East University) ;
- Lee, Eun-Hee (Dept. of Health Science, Graduate School of Health Science, Far East University)
- Received : 2016.08.24
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
This study aimed to evaluate the possibility for assessment of binocular visual function about alteration for near point of convergence (NPC). Study subjects were total 30 (emmetropia 16, myopia 14), who had no eye disease except for the phoria and monocular corrected vision 1.0 and over. Near point of accommodation (NPA), NPC and phoria test were measured both at ordinary and stimulation of +1D. Ordinary NPC was 1.77cm shorter than NPC stimulated +1D and the NPC of emmetropia was shorter than that of myopia. The difference between NPC stimulated +1D and ordinary were increased in the emmetropia. As the NPC increased, the AC/A ratio was elevated and the feature of near exophoria appeared. The results suggested that the alteration of NPC might substitute AC/A ratio for reference variable of binocular vision. If converged and analyzed comparatively with another binocular visual evaluation test, the alteration of NPC could be developed for substitution of evaluation test.
Near point of convergence (NPC);Near point of accommodation (NPA);binocular vision;AC/A ratio;Convergence
- N. L. Ha, J. K. You, J. M. Kim, "Ten-year Refractive Error and Astigmatism Changes in Korean Subjects." J. Korean Oph Opt Soc. Vol 15, No. 4, pp. 389-397, 2010.
- M. A. Jung, H. J. Lee, "The Clinical Study of Difference of Refractive Errors between Both Eyes by Age." Korean J. Vis. Sci. Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 485-492, 2014.
- H. Lee, K. O. Lee, "Pravalence of General Binocular Dysfunctions in a Population of College Students." Korean J. Vis. Sci. Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 77-85, 2004.
- K. J. Ma, M. H. Jang, J. D. Kim, "Clinical management of binocular vision." Daehakseorim, pp. 597, 2010.
- Scemiman M, Wick B, "Clinical management of binocular vision." 2nd Ed. Philadelphia: Lippincot williams and Wilkins, pp. 253-273, 2002.
- Sterner B., Gellerstedt M., and Sjostrom A, "Accommodation and the relationship to subjective symptoms with near work for young school children." Ophthal. Physiol. Opt, Vol. 26, pp. 148-155, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-1313.2006.00364.x
- Scemiman M, Wick B, "Clinical management of binocular vision." 2nd Ed. Philadelphia: Lippincot williams and Wilkins, pp. 4-6, 2002.
- J. D. Kim, "Clinical optometry and ocular function error prescription." Shinkwang, pp. 235-236, 2006.
- H. S. Kang, "Introduction to visual optics", Shinkwang, pp. 249-262, 2008.
- S. J. Park, H. B. Kwak, S. H. Lee, H. W. Kwak, "A Study and Analysis of Accommodative Convergence/Accommodation Ratio by Measuring Methods." J. Korean Oph. Opt. Soc. Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 117-123, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2013.18.2.117
- Scheiman M, Gallaway M, Frantz KA, Peters RJ, Hatch S, et al. "Near point of convergence: test procedure, target selection, and normative data." Opt. Vis. Sci. Vol, 80, No. 3, pp. 214-225, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006324-200303000-00011
- Rainey BB, Schroeder TL, Goss DA, Grosvenor TP, "Inter-examiner repeatability of heterophoria tests." Opt. Vis. Sci. Vol. 75, No. 10, pp. 719-726, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006324-199810000-00016
- Paul Adler, "Efficiency of treatment for convergence insufficiency using vision therapy." Opthal. Physiol. Opt, Vol. 22, pp. 565-571, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1475-1313.2002.00080.x
- S. M. Choi, "A Study About N.P.C, Heterophoria and Near Convergence and Divergence by Amount of the Refractive Errors." J. Korean Oph. Opt. Soc. Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 53-57, 2009.
- K. S, Jeong, G. C. Ryu, J. Jun, "Correlation between N.P.A. and N.P.C. in Emmetropia and Myopia." Korean J. Vis. Sci. Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 19-27, 2013.