- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Effects of oral care program for multi-cultural women
다문화 가정 이주 여성을 위한 구강관리 프로그램의 효과
- Cho, Min-Jeong (Department of Preventive Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kang, Jae-Min (Department of Dental Laboratory Science Graduated School Catholic University of Pusan) ;
- Song, Keun-Bae (Department of Preventive Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2016.08.12
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
Recently multicultural female population is increasing of our country as international marriages increase. With oral care programs, conducting follow-up surveys on multicultural women's oral health condition to figure out the condition and examining improvements and related factors, it tried to contribute to building oral care programs for the future of multicultural families. The study participants were recruited from multi-cultural family center in a metropolis, they were treated their oral conditions at local dental clinics during a year. All participants were 608 people, and among them, one year follow-up sample was 40 women. An interview questionnaire was used to collect information on socioeconomic level and general characteristics related to oral status, through oral examination were conducted to obtain dental caries experience and periodontal conditions. The statistical analysis was done by using the SPSS 20.0 program. Comparing the results between before and after oral health program for an year, DMFS, DS, FS, DT, FT and CPI were significantly decreased during a year. The present study increases interest about multicultural women and family and we look forward to using it as basic data for oral health promotion.
Oral health;Oral care program;Multi-cultural women;Community periodontal index;Convergence
- Immigration Policy Center, Foreign residency status [Internet][Cited 2014 DEC 17], Available from: http://www.immigration.go.kr, 2013.
- National Statistical Office, Demographic Survey; Seoul 2007 [Internet][Cited 2014 DEC 17], Available from: http://www.kostat.go.kr
- National Statistical Office, Demographic Survey; Seoul 2009 [Internet][Cited 2014 DEC 17], Available from: http://www.kostat.go.kr
- M. Moon, S. H. Song, "Effects fo married female immigrants' consciousness of later life and socialleisure activities on their preparation perception for their later life in Choongchungnam-Do", The Journal of digital Policy & Management, Vol. 12, No. 7, pp. 379-387, 2014.
- G. S. Kim, "A study on the realities of child education in a multi-cultural family in Korea", Youth Culture Forum, Vol. 18, No. 0, pp. 58-95, 2008.
- D. Y. Choi, "The Research about the Policy on the Korean Language Education for Multicultural Family", Master's Thesis, pp. 1-7, Konyang University, 2011.
- D. H. Seol, Y. T. Kim, H. M. Kim, H. S. Yoon, H. G. Lee, G. T. Im, et al, "International survey of immigrant women and health welfare support policy measures", Gwacheon: The Ministry of Health and Welfare; pp. 161-164, 2006.
- J. R. Kim, "The status of intermarriage women in Korea", Family Law Studies, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 91-122, 2008.
- G. Y. Kwon, G. U. Park, "A study on influence factors to the mental health of foreign wives", Social Studies, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 187-219, 2007.
- E. H. Im, "Exploratory study on the mental health problems of female marriage immigrants", Han Yeong thesis Vol. 12, pp. 217-238, 2008.
- H. Youn, "Study on mental health of the Vietnamese female marriage migrants", Master's Thesis, pp. 47-62, Catholic University, 2009.
- G. W. Jang, J. B. Kim, "The World Health Organization has recommended that oral health questionnaire", Komoonsa, First Edition, pp. 50-59, 2000.
- The Ministry of Health and Welfare, "2000 National Oral Health Survey. Seoul", The Ministry of Health and Welfare, pp.25-30, 2001.
- The Ministry of Health and Welfare, "2006 National Oral Health Survey. Seoul", The Ministry of Health and Welfare, pp. 145-276, 2007.
- The Ministry of Health and Welfare, "2010 Korea National Oral Health Survey. Summary. Seoul", The Ministry of Health and Welfare, p. 6-13, 82, 293-294, 2010.
- The Ministry of Health and Welfare, "The Fifth Korean National Health and Nutrition Exanimation Survey, 2012", Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention, homepage, https://knhanes. cdc.go.kr/knhanes, Jun 01, 2015.
- G. H. Song, "A study on the evaluation of healthand oral health-realated quality of life in Korean adults", dissertation, pp.4, Hanyang University, 2007.
- K. S. Cho, S. Y. Lee, J. H. Jang, "A comparative study on characteristicxs related to oral health of multicultural family via Korean women", Korean Comparative Government Review, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 323-40, 2012. https://doi.org/10.18397/kcgr.2012.16.1.323
- J. H. Lee, I. S. Nam, M. S. Jun, H. K. Yun, "Oral health characteristics of the multicultural international marrige women in Gimcheon, Gyeongbuk, Korea", J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 865-72, 2015. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.05.865
- D. J. Kang, "A study on the family life of multi culture family in rural area", Master's Thesis, pp. 1-7, Daegu University, 2009.
- S. S. Lee, "A study on the social integration of immigrants in the program introduced multicultural", Social Studies, Vol. 1, pp. 347-357, 2008.
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research; National Institute of Health; U.S. Public Health Service; Department of Health and Human Services, "The invisible barrier: literacy and its relationship with oral health", J Public Health Dent, Vol. 65, No. 3, pp. 174-182, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1752-7325.2005.tb02808.x
- H. A. Kiyak, A. Kamoh, R. E. Persson, G. R. Persson, "Ethnicity and oral health in communitydwelling older adults", Gen Dent, Vol. 50, No. 6, pp. 513-518, 2002.
- P. E. Petersen, D. Bourgeois, H. Ogawa, S. Estupinan-Day, C. Ndiaye, "The global burden of oral diseases and risks to oral health", Bull World Health Organ, Vol. 83, No. 9, pp. 661-669, 2005.
- G. W. Jang, Y. S. Hwang, J. B. Kim, Y.S. Song, D. I. Back, B. G. Choi, et al, "Oral health education", Revised 4th edition, Seoul: Komoonsa; pp. 282-283, 2007.
- H. Cho, Z. K. Ko, "Improvements of the relevant act for working of the marriage immigrants' family in Korea", The Journal of digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 8, pp. 251-63, 2013.
- S. H. Song, "Mediation effect of marrige satisfaction about personality traints of married female immigrants to affect on preparing their old age", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 49-56, 2016.
- J. H. Kim, M. H. Hong, M. A. Jeong, "Subjective oral health awareness level and quality of life study", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 41-47, 2010.
- Y. A. Jung, "A study on the education medel for information literacy improvement of multi-cultural family children", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 15-20, 2011.