- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Priority-Based Resource Allocation Algorithm for Virtual Network
가상 네트워크를 위한 우선순위 기반 자원 할당 알고리즘
- Kim, Hak-Suh (Technology Commercialization Division, ETRI) ;
- Lee, Sang-Ho (Dept. of Software, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2016.08.31
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
Due to the ossification of the Internet, it is difficult to accommodate variety services. One of the efficient solution to this problem is network virtualization. It allows multiple parallel virtual networks to run on the shared physical infrastructure. It needs new resource allocation mechanism to share efficient physical resources. In this paper, we present efficient bandwidth allocation algorithm for virtual network request with high service priority. Our proposed algorithm can withdraw allocated bandwidth from low-level priority virtual network and maintain low-level virtual network service. We evaluated the performance of our proposed algorithm using simulation and found the improvement of approximately 8% acceptance rate.
Virtual Network;Resource Allocation;Bandwidth Allocation;Resource Withdraw;Bandwidth Withdraw
- N. Chowdhury and R. Boutaba, "A survey of network virtualization," Computer Networks (Elsevier), Vol. 54, No. 5, pp.862-876, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2009.10.017
- N. M. Mosharaf Kabir Chowdhury and R. Boutaba, "Network virtualization: State of the art and research challenges," IEEE Comm. Magazine, Vol. 47, No. 7, pp. 20-26, 2009.
- M. M. Alam Khan, N. Shahriar, R. Ahmed and R. Boutaba, "Multi-Path Link Embedding for Survivability in Virtual Networks," IIEEE Trans. on Network and Service Management, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp.253-266, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNSM.2016.2558598
- A. Blenk, A. Basta, M. Reisslein, W. Kellerer, "Survey on Network Virtualization Hypervisors for Software Defined Networking," IEEE Comm. Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp.655-685, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/COMST.2015.2489183
- Jung-Yul Choi, "A Study on Networking Technology for Cloud Data Centers," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp.235-243, 2016.
- Jeong-Kyung Moon, Han Jin Cho, Jin-Mook Kim, "A secure authentication system on wired wireless integrated network using OpenFlow," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp.285-291, 2014.
- Cheul-Woo Ro, "Modeling of Virtual Switch in Cloud System," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp.479-485, 2013.
- Y. Zhu and M. Ammar, "Algorithms for Assigning Substrate Network Resources to Virtual Network Components," IEEE INFOCOM 2006, pp.1-12, 2006.
- Andreas Fischer, Juan Felipe Botero, Michael Till Beck, Hermann de Meer, Xavier Hesselbach, "Virtual Network Embedding: A Survey," IEEE Comm. Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp.1888-1906, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2013.013013.00155
- Seung-Joon Seok, Hyeonuk Jeong, "A Study on OpenFlow based Virtual Network Platform for KREONET," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp.309-319, 2014.
- Jin-Woo Jung, Jungduk Kim, Myeong-Gyun Song, Chul-Gu Jin, "A study on Development of Certification Schemes for Cloud Security," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp.43-49, 2015.
- Bo-Kyung Lee, "A Study on Security of Virtualization in Cloud Computing Environment for Convergence Services", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 93-99, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.093
- Keun-Ho Lee, "Analysis of Threats Factor in IT Convergence Security", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 49-55, 2010.
- Yongho Kang, Changbok Jang, Wanjik Lee, Seokyeol Heo, Jooman Kim, "Efficient Method to Support Mobile Virtualization-based Cloud Resource Management," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp.277-283, 2014.
- I. Houidi, W. Louati, D. Zeghlache, and S. Baucke, "Virtual Resource Description and Clustering for Virtual Network Discovery," in Proc. IEEE ICC'09 Workshops, Dresden, Germany, pp.1-6, 2009.
- A. Belbekkouche, Md. M. Hasan and A. Karmouch, "Resource Discovery and Allocation in Network Virtualization," IEEE Comm. Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp.1114-1128, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2011.122811.00060
- I. Houidi, W. Louati, and D. Zeghlache, "A distributed virtual network mapping algorithm," 2008 IEEE ICC, Beijing, China, pp.5634-5640, 2008.
- A. Haider, R. Potter and A. Nakao, "Challenges in Resource Allocation in Network Virtualization," 20th ITC Specialist Seminar, Vol. 20, pp.22-30, 2009.
- Minlan Yu, Yung Yi, Jennifer Rexford and Mung Chiang, "Rethinking Virtual Network Embedding: Substrate Support for Path Splitting and Migration," ACM SIGCOMM CCR, Vol. 38, Issue 2, pp.17-29, 2008.
- Yu Yang, Shan-zhi Chen, Xin Li and Yan Wang, "RMap: An Algorithm of Virtual Network Resilience Mapping," WiCOM2011, pp.1-4, 2011.
- Xiaohui Wei, Shoufeng Hu, Hongliang Li, Fan Yang and Yue Jin, "A Survey on Virtual Network Embedding in Cloud Computing Centers," The Open Automation and Control Systems Journal, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp.414-425, 2014.
- Haotong Cao, Longxiang Yang, Zeyuan Liu, Mengting Wu, "Exact solutions of VNE: A survey," China Communications, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp.48-62, 2016.
- Hwi-Min Choi, Chang-Bok Jang, Joo-Man Kim, "Efficient Security Method Using Mobile Virtualization Technology And Trustzone of ARM," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp.299-308, 2014.