- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Impersonation Attacks on Anonymous User Authentication and Key Agreement Scheme in Wireless Sensor Networks
무선센서네트워크에서 익명의 사용자 인증과 키동의 기법에 대한 가장 공격
- Choi, Hae-Won (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Kyungwoon University) ;
- Kim, Hyunsung (Dept. of Cyber Security, Kyungil University)
- Received : 2016.08.25
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
Wireless sensor networks (WSNs) have many applications and are deployed in a wide variety of areas. They are often deployed in potentially adverse or even hostile environment so that there are concerns on security issues in these WSNs. Recently, an anonymous user authentication and key agreement scheme (AUAKAS) was proposed based on symmetric cryptosystem in WSNs. It is claimed in AUAKAS that it assures security against different types of attacks including impersonation attacks. However, this paper shows that AUAKAS does not cope from user impersonation attack and gateway impersonation attack from the legally registered user on the gateway. The security analysis could guide the required features of the security scheme to be satisfied.
Wireless sensor network;Mutual authentication;Key agreement;Smart card;Impersonation attack
- H.-J. Mun, H.-Y. Jeong, K.-H. Han, "Improved Trialateration Method on USN for reducing the Error of a Moving Node Position Measurement", Journal of Digital Convergence, (2016), Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 301-307.
- K.-H. Lee, "A Study of Security Policy for U-Healthcare Service", The Journal of Digital Convergence, (2013), Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 747-751. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.747
- K.-K. Lim. Y.-H. Lim, "A Study on User Satisfaction in u-IT New Technology Verification Projects Focused on Domestic RFID/USN Pilot Projects", Journal of Digital Convergence, (2010), Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 1-10.
- B.-S. Kim, "U-Healthcare & Medical Information System of Status and Operative Challenges for Integrated Medical Information System", Journal of Digital Convergence, (2011), Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 65-75.
- S.-J. Choi, B.-G. Kang, "The Windows Push Server System with Smart Device Identifying Fingerprints over IEEE 802.15.4 Protocol", The Journal of Digital Convergence, (2012), Vol. 10, No. 11, pp. 419-425. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.11.419
- B.-H. Shin, H.-K. Jeon, K.-Y. Chung, "An Energy Efficient Clustering Method Based on ANTCLUST in Sensor Network", Digital Convergence, (2012), Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 371-378.
- H.-W. Choi, M.-C. Ryoo, C.-S. Lee, H. Kim, "Secure Data Gathering Protocol over Wireless Sensor Network", The Journal of Digital Convergence, (2013), Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 367-380.
- H. Kim, "Freshness-Preserving Non-Interactive Hierarchical Key Agreement Protocol over WHMS", Sensors, (2014), Vol. 14, doi:10.3390/s141223742. https://doi.org/10.3390/s141223742
- L. Lamport, "Password authentication with insecure communication", Communications of the ACM, (1981), Vol. 24, pp. 770-772. https://doi.org/10.1145/358790.358797
- S.-W. Lee, H. Kim, K.-Y. Yoo, "Improved efficient remote user authentication scheme using smartcards", IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics, (2004), Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 565-567 https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2004.1309424
- S.-W. Lee, H. Kim, K.-Y. Yoo, "Efficient verifier-based key agreement protocol for three parties without server's public key", Applied Mathematics and Computation, (2005), Vol. 167, No. 2, pp. 996-1003. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2004.06.129
- M. L. Das, "Two-factor user authentication scheme in wireless sensor networks", IEEE Trans. on Wirel. Commun., (2009), Vol. 8, pp. 1086-1090. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2008.080128
- H. Kim, S.-W. Lee, "Enhanced Novel Access Control Protocol over Wireless Sensor Networks", IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics, (2009), Vol. 55, No. 2, pp. 492-498. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2009.5174412
- L. Chen, F. Wei, C. Ma, "A secure user authentication scheme against smart-card loss attack for wireless sensor networks using symmetric key techniques", Int. J. Distrib. Sens. Netw., (2015), doi:10.1155/2015/704502. https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/704502
- J. Jung, J. Kim. Y. Choi, D. Won, "An Anonymous User Authentication Scheme based on a Symmetric Cryptosystem in Wireless Sensor Networks", Sensors, (2016), Vol. 16, doi:10.3390/s16081299. https://doi.org/10.3390/s16081299
- H. Kim, S. W. Lee, "Authenticated Key Agreement Scheme with Forward Secrecy for Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Control and Automation, (2015), Vol. 8, No. 11, pp. 279-288.