- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study of Convergence Modem Design for Giga Internet Service over CATV Network
CATV 망에서의 기가 인터넷 서비스를 위한 융복합 모뎀 설계에 관한 연구
- Park, Yong-Seo (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Gachon University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Kyoung (Nextas Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2016.08.17
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
This paper aims to propose a novel technology of network convergence to provide ultra high speed internet services over CATV networks, by which a CMC(cable modem concentrator) and CM(cable modem) of 1Gbps level are designed. This technology not only lowers the production cost in comparison to the existing bonding technology with DOCSIS specification but also enables the adjustment of data speed based on the channel bandwidth. According to the experiments, when convolutional code rate with 128QAM is changed to 1/2, 2/3, 3/4 and 7/8, the data recorded the maximum transmission speed of up to 299 Mbps at the zero error rate. As the convolutional code rates with 256QAM is increased, it showed 334Mbps at the error rate of
Giga Internet;CATV;DOCSIS;Cable Modem;Network Convergence
- CM-SP-DRFI-I11-110210, "Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications - Downstream RF Interface Specification", Feb 10, 2011.
- CM-SP-R-PHY-I01-150615, "Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications - Remote PHY Specification", Jun. 15, 2015.
- Bo-Seon Kang, Keun-Ho Lee, "Fire Alarm Solutions Through the Convergence of Image Processing Technology and M2M", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp. 37-42, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.037
- Onechul Na, Hyojik Lee, Soyoung Sung, Hangbae Chang, "A Study on Construction of Optimal Wireless Sensor System for Enhancing Organization Security Level on Industry Convergence Environment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 139-146, 2015.
- Jeabum Park, Byungmok Kim, JIAN SHEN, Daeseok Rho, "Development of Remote Monitoring and Control Device of 50KW Photovoltaic System", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 7-14, 2011.
- Seong-Hoon Lee, "Actual Cases and Analysis of IT Convergence for Green IT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 147-152, 2015.
- Jeong-Ick Lee, "Convergent Case Study of Research and Education: Internet of Things Based Wireless Device Forming Research", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 1-7, 2015.
- Ki-Sun Han, "Broadcasting Contents Management System in Restricted Area", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 9-13, 2013.
- Sung-Hwa Hong, Suk-Yong Jung, "The Study for the Image Quality Measurement in IPTV", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 39-43, 2011.
- CM-SP-MULPIv3.0-I15-110210, "Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications DOCSIS 3.0 - MAC and Upper Layer Protocols Interface Specification", Feb 10, 2011.
- CM-SP-OSSIv3.0-I20-121113, "Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications - Operations Support System Interface Specification", Nov. 13, 2012.
- CM-SP-PHYv3.0-I08-090121, "Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications - Physical Layer Specification", Jan 21, 2009.
- Cisco Editor, "DOCSIS 3.0 Downstream Solution Design and Implementation Guide", Cisco Systems White Paper, Sep. 2014.
- CM-SP-MULPIv3.1-I01-131029, "Data-Over -Cable Service Interface Specifications - MAC and Upper Layer Protocols Interface Specification", Oct. 29, 2013.
- CM-SP-PHYv3.1-I01-131029, "Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications - Physical Layer Specification", Oct. 29, 2013.
- J.Y.Jung, etc., "Next-Generation Cable Broadcasting Technology and Standardization", Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol.30. No. 3, pp.9-20, Dec. 2016.
- Yong-Seo Park, "A Study on the Convergence of CATV Networks for Ultra High Speed Internet Service", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13 No, 9, pp.219-224, Sep, 2015.
- T.S, La, etc., "Channel Estimation Techniques for OFDM Systems", Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp.124-132, Dec. 2016.
- Young-Gwang Lee, etc., "An Enhanced Scheme with CFO and SFO in OFDMA system", The Journal of IIBC. Vol. 14, No. 1, pp.1-6, Feb. 28, 2014.
- Srishtansh Pathak, Himanshu Sharma, "Channel Estimation in OFDM Systems", International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Vol 3, Issue 3, March 2013.
- Aida Zaier and Ridha Bouallegue, "Channel Estimation Study for Block - Pilot Insertion in OFDM Systems Under Slowly Time Varying Condition", International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC) Vol.3, No. 6, November 2011.