- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
GVC status of the electronics industry & GVC promote case studies of the domestic electronics industry
전자산업의 GVC 현황과 국내 전자업체의 GVC 추진사례 분석
- Choi, Soo-Ho (Department of Business, Sogang University) ;
- Choi, Jeong-Il (Division of Business, Sung Kyul University)
- Received : 2016.08.29
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
Electronics industry provides more revenue and jobs, and plays an important role in a variety of fields. During recent changes to the industrial strategy by IT convergence technology development and global economic integration, Global Value Chain(GVC) of the ICT industry has been expanded. The global value chain is a structure consisting of the global dimension in all the processes of business activity for value-added production, R&D, manufacturing, sales, A/S etc. The purpose of this study is to analyze the GVC in the electronics industry and GVC promote practice of Samsung Electronics and LG Electronics. GVC of the electronics industry was developed from 1980, and established manufacturing plant in the United States and Canada. GVC has moved to low-cost countries such as China, Taiwan and India to cut costs, In recent years, because of the rising labor and production costs in China, manufacturing plants move to the Vietnam that has relatively cheap production base. To develop consistently, Korean electronics companies should carry out a new strategy such as item and brand marketing to exporting country.
Global Value Chain;Electronics Industry;Convergence;Samsung Electronic;LG Electronic
- J. H. Lee, "Policy principles to promote Korean focal SMEs in GVC", KOSBI Basic Research, Vol. 14, No. 14, pp.1-144, 2014.
- J. G. Kim, D. H. Seo, D. Y. Joo, D. W. Choi, J. D. Kim, "Structural Change of Global Value Chain in the Korea's ICT Industry and Development Strategies", KIET Research report 2014-734, pp.1-267, 2014.
- H. S. Choi, J. G. Yoo, J. G. Kim, M. G. Jung, "Global Value Chains and the Workforce Policy", KIET Research report 2015-744, pp.1-235, 2015.
- MOTIE, "Using the Global Value Chain(GVC) SME overseas expansion strategy Argument", Economic Innovation Press, pp.1-4, 2015.
- Gereffi, "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain". Journal of International Economics, 48, pp. 37-70, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-1996(98)00075-0
- Humphrey, J. & Schmitz, H, "Governance and upgrading: Liking industrial cluster and global value chain research" IDS Working paper. No. 120, Institute of Development Studies. University of Susses, Brighton, 2000.
- Kaplinsky, R. and J. Readman, "Globalization and Upgrading: what can (and can not) be learnt from international trade statistics in the wood furniture sector?" IDS and the Center for Research in Innovation Management, University of Brighton, United Kingdom, 2001.
- Pavitt, K., "Sectoral Pattern of Technical Change : Towards a Taxanomy and a Theory". Research Policy, Vol. 13, pp. 343-373, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1016/0048-7333(84)90018-0
- J. H. Lee, J. I. Choi, O. D. Lee,, "A study on domestic small-medium sized company's case of assimilation with global value chain", Journal of Digital convergence, Vol. 12, No. 7, pp.159-175, 2014.
- S. G. Kwon, "The Necessity and Policy Implications of Trans-Pacific Partnership from a Perspective of the Global Value Chains", Customs Journal, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp.91-112, 2014.
- C. G. Park, Y. B. Seo, "A Study on the Effect of Justice in Transactions in terms of a Supply Chain on Supply Chain Performances", Journal of Korean Management consulting review, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp.1-33, 2014.
- D. H. Kim, B. G. Kang, C. S. Kim, "A Study of Modularity in the Perspective of Standardization", Technology Innovation Research, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp.169-199, 2015.
- Y. S. Hau, "IT SMEs' Product Planning Capability and Manufacturing Capability in the Context of Digital Convergence" Journal of Digital convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp.55-62, 2015.
- S. H. Won, H. S. Yang, "A Study on the Critical Success Factors and Policy Direction of ICT-based Convergency Company", Journal of Digital convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp.39-50, 2015.
- S. D. Yoo, G. D. Choi, "A meta-analysis survey of the research on domestic e-banking", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp.175-189, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.175
- S. H. Chung, S. J. Baek, Y. W. Yoo, "A Study on Applying TRIZ to Logistics improvement", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp.77-84, 2014.
- D. Y. Joo, "Global Value Chain(GVC) based in emerging of Vietnam and Korea's electronics industry response", KIET Industrial Economic Review, Vol. 205, pp.69-80, 2015.
- KIET, "Global Value Chain based in emerging and Korea's Electronics industry response", Industry Economic Analysis, pp.1-12, Z.
- OECD, "Global Value Chains : Preliminary evidence and Policy issues", WPGI- meeting agenda 4, pp1-15, 2011.
- J. M. Lee, S. B. Kim, "Technology Financing for Export-Import based Small and Medium Sized Enterprises", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp.11-20, 2016.
- K. S. Lee, "Vietnam Economic Situation and Key Electronics Industry Trends Analysis", KIET Industry Analysis Report, pp.1-22, 2014.
- H. K. Yoon, "Samsung 2 quarter smartphones market share 22.3%...10% gap between Apple", IT DAILY, 2016.
- APEC Policy Support Unit, Integrating SMEs into Global Value Chains: Policy Principles and Best Practices, ISSUES PAPER No .6, May 2014.
- S. H. Lim, S. S. Lee, etc 8, "Impact and Implications of TPP Negotiations on the Electronics industry", KOTRA Global Market Report, 15-021, pp.1-47, 2015.
- S. G. Kim, The Study on the CSR-Focused on LG Electronics, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp.69-83, 2016.
- E. Y. Park, D. G. Kwag, "The Study on the Market Competitiveness Reinforcement for Convergence Industry", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp.99-106, 2015.
- S. H. Koh, "Convergent Momentum Strategy in the Korean Stock Market", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 127-132, 2015.
- Naver : www.naver.com
- Global Trade Atlas : www.ihs.com
- Gartner : www.gartner.com
- Bloomberg Businessweek : www.bloomberg.com
- Endeavour Partners : www.slideshare.net