- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study of Environment Analysis Method for Information Strategy Planning based Scenarios
시나리오 기반의 정보화전략 계획 수립을 위한 환경 분석 방법 연구
- Hong, Jin-Woo (Dept. of Multimedia Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Park, Koo-Rack (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Hyun (Dept. of IT Management, Woosong University)
- Received : 2016.08.29
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
This paper, which was performed for an environmental analysis step in the information strategy planning, proposes the capable method of building a foundation which can improve the quality of results. An existing environment analyzing method is composed with external environment analysis, internal capacity analysis and information direction deriving activity. At the first stage of environment analysis, with current state analysis, preparation of interview with major stakeholder of project, carrying out the interview, added the activities to gain initial direction of the information. Then it applied a key-questioning of convergence scenario-based analysis for external environment analysis and internal capacity analysis. Performing the external environment analysis and internal capacity analysis with analysis model, convergence application of scenario-based analysis model was enabled to verify information direction on the initial setting. The result was applied at actual project site and was enabled to perform the project quickly, and to improve the quality of project results.
Information Strategy Planning;Environment Analysis;Scenario;Key Questions;Information Direction;Convergence
- Martin, J, "Information Engineering", Book II, Prentice Hall, 1990.
- Baker, B, "The role of feedback in assessing information systems planning effectiveness", Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 61-80, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0963-8687(95)80015-I
- Teo, T. S. H., King W. R., "Integration between business planning and information systems planning : An evolutionary-contingency perspective", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 185-214, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.1997.11518158
- Lederer, A. L., Salmela, H., "Toward a theory of strategic information systems planning", Journal of Strategic Systems, Vol. 5, pp. 237-253, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-8687(96)80005-9
- D. W. Kim, "A Study on Requirements Analysis for Information Strategy Planning", Master's Thesis, Yonsei University, p. 25, 2000.
- J. Y. Choi, "A framework of the integrated methodology for industrial information systems", Master's Thesis, Yonsei University, pp. 25-28, 1998.
- D. J. Shin, Y. Y. You, "A Study on the Impact of Consultant's Competencies on Service Quality and Performance of Consulting", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 63-78, 2012.
- K. Y. Song, J. W. Hong, Y. Y. You, "Effects of Consulting Characteristics on SMEs Management Performance", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 7, pp. 205-215, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.7.205
- C. H. Yoon, J. R. Kim, Y. Y. You, "The Effect of Application Motive for Consulting upon the Path between Quality Perception and Use of Results", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 59-69, 2015.
- D. T. Kim, Y. E. Moon, J. B. Lee, "A study on the evaluation model of strategic information systems planning", Korean Management Science Review, Vol. 15, No. 1, p. 152, 1998.
- Wexelblat, R. L., Srinivasan, N., "Planning for information technology in a federated organization", Information & Management, Vol. 35, pp. 265-282, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(98)00093-7
- Newell & Simon, "Human Problem Solving", Prentice-Hall, 1972.
- S. R. Park, "The Art of the long View", Business Books, p. 43, 2006.
- Godet, Michel. "Creating Futures", ECONOMICA. 2006.
- Schoemaker, PJH. "Scenario Planning: A Tool for Strategic Thinking", Sloan Management Review, 1995.
- Fiona Graetz, "Strategic thinking versus strategic planning: towards understanding the complementarities", Management Decision, Vol. 40 Issue 5, pp. 456-462, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1108/00251740210430434
- K. Y. Soog, J. W. Roh, Y. Y. You, "Effect of Management Commitment on Perceived Consulting Quality", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 127-135, 2015.
- Y. J. Jo, S. H. Lee, "A Study on the Influence of Consulting Characteristic Ease of use to the Word-of-Mouth Intention and Repurchase Intention", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 207-216, 2011.
- C. H. Yoon, J. R. Kim, Y. Y. You, "The Effect of Application Motive for Consulting upon the Path between Quality Perception and Use of Results", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 129-137, 2015.
- Y. J. Kim, "Convergence of Business Information System Process using Knowledge-based Method", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 65-71, 2015.
- L. S. Kim, "Convergence of Information Technology and Corporate Strategy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 17-26, 2015.
- Ernst & Young, "Strategy, Factor Based Consulting", p. 14, 1999.