- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on Segmentation and Priority of Tactical Considerations (METT+TC)
전술적 고려요소 (METT+TC)의 세분화 및 우선순위 결정에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.08.25
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
The objective of this study is to subdivide the tactical considerations (METT+TC; Mission, Enemy, Terrain & Weather, Troops available, Time available, Civil considerations) through Delphi method and prioritize those via AHP (Analytic Hierarchy Process). Though it has been taken for granted that the tactical considerations were inevitable for decision making relating to military operations, their segmentation and priority have not been studied sufficiently in military. The data for Delphi method and AHP were based on interview with military experts and questionnaires answered by those. Six tactical considerations were segmented into 34 sub-considerations by Delphi, and Six tactical considerations and 34 sub-ones were prioritized through AHP in attack and defense aspects. If the research results will be embedded into database of automatic command and control system (e.g. ACTIS; Army Tactical Command Information System), effective decision-making process will get easier and faster.
- ROK Army Headquarters, Field Manual 0-6 : Commander and Staff, 5(18) - 5(18), Korea Armed Forces Printing & Publishing Depot, 2012.
- Ulicny, B., Matheus, C., Powell, G., Dionne, R., and Kokar, M., "Representability of METT-TC factors in JC3IEDM", 12th International command and control research and technology symposium, I-98(14 pages), 2007.
- Lee, Y. K., Kim, K. A., Na, H. B., and Park, J. W., "A fuzzy AHP based decision making model for ground operations", The Korea Society for Simulation, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 159-165, 2008.
- Park, H. Y., "A study on the management solution for the army forces below regiment in future ground battle : focusing on METT+TC, SWOT analysis", Kyunghee University, Master's thesis, 2012.
- Han, S. J., Kim, S. Y., Park, S. Y., and Sun, N. C., "Expert system applicable to troop leading procedure using AHP-based Meta-knowledge", Proceeding of Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, 2012.
- Han, H. S., and Woo, J. A., "Recent trends of smart applications and implications for digital policy", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 1-10, 2012.
- Park, H. K., "Empowering factor of IT convergence industry in Korea", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 147-154, 2012.
- Kim, H. B., "The analysis of contexts in soccer training using delphi survey method", Myongji University, Ph. D. Dissertation, 2006.
- Park, S. J., and Kim, M. K., "Development of leadership competence evaluation-index elements for preschool principle through delphi technique", The Korean Society for Early Childhood Teacher, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 109-133, 2015.
- Kim, Y. D., and Kim, E. H., "Performance evaluation model for cooperative based on BSC and AHP : Case of small business cooperatives", Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 1303-1323, 2016.
- Song, Y. H., and Jo, J. S., "The analysis of importance change order factors in space for private construction of apartment houses", Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 79-88, 2016.
- Seo, S. L., "Development of Evaluation Indicator of Operations for Military Food service", Yeungnam University, Ph. D. Dissertation, 2016.
- Hwang, Y. H., "Development of Strategies for Education about Research Design to Student Researchers in Science and Engineering through Extraction of Problem Specification Elements", Kyungpook National University, Ph. D. Dissertation, 2016.
- Jin, T., "Evaluating Criteria for Green Port Performance in China : A Study incorporating Delphi, AHP and IPA Matrix Methods", Sungkyunkwan University, Ph. D. Dissertation, 2016.
- Han, D. W., and Choi, H. J., "Recipients-perception Based CSR Measurement : A Case of CJ Donor's Camp", Journal of Korean Social Welfare Administration, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 29-51, 2016.
- Kang, B. H., and Seo, W. S., "Journal of Korean Social Welfare Administration", The Korea Academic Society of Tourism and Leisure, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 149-166, 2016.
- ROK Army Headquarters, Field Manual 0-1 : Tactics, 4(149) - 4(155), Korea Armed Forces Printing & Publishing Depot, 2013.
- Jung, W. H., "A study on the application of modeling and simulation for planning military operations", Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 79-85, 2015.
- Han, H. J., "Analysis of relative combat power with expert system", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 143-150, 2016.