- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Effect of social support on the organizational commitment and the service quality of the labors in the convergence service industry
사회적지원이 융복합서비스산업 종사자의 조직몰입과 서비스품질에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Ja-Hyun (Dept. of Information Management, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University) ;
- Yang, Hae-Sool (Dept. of Information Management, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2016.09.01
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
This study aims to explore the influence of the social support services that have an effect on the organizational commitment and service quality of the labors working in the convergence service industry. Data for this study were collected from 233 labors working in the convergence service industry;20 smaller businesses located in Seoul and the metropolitan area. Structural equation modeling analysis method was performed for analyzing key data. As a study result, support of seniors and colleague, which is regarded as the variable of social support, had a significant positive effect on organizational commitment of the labors working in the convergence service industry. It also had a significant positive effect on the service quality that organizational commitment went through the support of the seniors and colleagues. I discussed theoretical and empirical implications with these findings and described the future research.
Social Support;Support colleague;Firm support;Organizational Commitment;Quality of Service;Convergence service industry
- S. Y. Min, "SW Quality of Convergence Product: Characteristics, Improvement Strategies and Alternatives", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 1 No. 1, pp. 19-28, 2011.
- Weiss, R. S. "The study of loneliness. In R. S. Weiss (ED), Loneliness" The experience of emotional and social isolation, Cambridge, M. A: Mit Press, 1974.
- K.Y.Ji, "The Effect of Service Quality on Organizational Support and Job Satisfaction in Hotel Industry", The Korea Society of Digital Policy and Management, Vol.10 No.10, pp353-362, 2012.
- Beehr, T. A. "The role of social support in coping with organizational stress: In Beehr, " T. A. & Bhagat, R. S(Eds), Human stress and coping in organization: An integrated perspective, John Willy & Sons, pp. 375-398, 1985.
- Morris, J. H. and Sherman, J. D. " Generalizability of an organizational commitment model," Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 24 No. 1, pp. 512-526 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/255572
- DeCotiis, T. A. Summer, T. P. Path analysis of a model of the antecedents and consequences of organizational commitment, Human Relations, Vol.40 No 7, pp. 445-470 , 1987. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872678704000704
- Mathieu, J. E. Zajac, D. M. "A review and meta-analysis of the antecedents, correlates and consequences of organizational commitment," Psychological Bulletin, 108, pp. 171-194, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.108.2.171
- Ko, J. W. Price, J. L. and Melluer, C. W. "Assessment of Mayer and Allen's three component model of organizational commitment in South Korea," Journal of Applied Psychology, 82, pp. 961-973, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.82.6.961
- H. C. Kho, "A study on dual commitment of R&D professionals:focused on organizational commitment and career commitment", Dept, of Sociology The Greaduate School Yonsei university, 2003.
- Simon, H. A. and March, J. C, Organization, New York, John Willey & Sons, Inc, 1958.
- Porter, L. W. Steers, R. M. Mowday, R. T. and Boulian, P. V. "Organizational commitment, job satisfaction, and turnover among psychiatric technicians," Journal of Applied Psychology, 59, pp. 603-609,1974. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0037335
- N. K. Lee, "The Machine Tool Genome Project",The Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, Vol. 3 No 30, pp. 28. 2011.
- S. Y. Min, "SW Quality of Convergence Product: Char acter istics, Improvement Strategies andAlternatives", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 1 No. 1, pp. 19-28, 2011.
- Steers, R. M, "Antecedents and outcomes of organizational commitment," Administrative Science Quarterly, 22, pp. 46-56,1977. https://doi.org/10.2307/2391745
- B.J.Lee, "Effects of authentic leadership on organizational commitment for employees", The Korea Society of Digital Policy and Management, Vol.11 No.8 pp75-93, 2014.
- Kirkman, B. L. and Rosen, B. "Beyond self-management: Antecedents and consequences of team empowerment," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.42 No1, pp. 58-74, 1999. https://doi.org/10.2307/256874
- Mathieu, J. E. and Zajac, D. M. "A review and meta-analysis of the antecedents, correlates and consequences of organizational commitment," Psychological Bulletin, 108, pp. 171-194, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.108.2.171
- Eisenberger, R., Huntington, R., Huntchinson, S. and Sowa. D, "Perceived organizational support," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.71 N0.3, pp. 500-507, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.71.3.500
- Congram, C. C. and Frieddman, M. L, "The quality-leadership connection in service business", American Management Association, N.Y, pp. 3-19, 1991.
- Schneider, B. and D. Bowen, op. cit, 1995.
- Meyer, J. P. and N. J. Allen, Commitment in the workplace: Theory, research, and application, Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications, 1997.
- Spector, P. E, Job satisfaction: Application, assessment, causes, and consequences. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1997.
- Mukherjee. A. and Malhotra. N, op. cit, 2006.
- Lewis, R. C. and Brooms, B. H, "The marketing aspects of service quality, in Berry, L. Shostack, G & Upah, G.(Eds.), Emerging Perspectives on Service Marketing," Chicago: AMA, pp. 97-107, 1983.
- Johnson, R., "A framework for developing a quality strategy in a customer processing operation," International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, Vol. 16 No. 4, pp.37-46, 1987.
- Zeithaml, V. A., "Consumer perceptions of quality and value: A means-end model and synthesis of evidence," Journal of Marketing, 52 pp.32-40, 1988.
- H.Y. Park, "A Study on the Structural Impact of Job Stress on the Organizational Commitment and Customer Oriented Boundary Spanning Behavior of Hospital Employees", The Korea Society of Digital Policy and Management, Vol.11,No.11, pp.603-611, 2013
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A. and Berry, L. L., op. cit., 1988.