- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Strategy of CSR Storytelling with the application of Greimas Actantial Model -focusing on Hyundai Motor Company's CSR website
그레마스 행위소 모델을 통해 본 기업의 CSR스토리텔링 전략-현대자동차 CSR홈페이지를 중심으로
- HONG, Sook-Yeong (Dept. of Media & Image, Hansei University)
- 홍숙영 (한세대학교, 미디어영상학부)
- Received : 2016.07.26
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
This study is designed with an intention to understand CSR story strategies that the corporates use, focusing on analyzing the method of composition of Hyundai Motor Company's CSR website stories. When analyzing based on interactivity, ease of use, newest, and informativity, interactive dialogue feature was mostly lacking. It is not the most up-to-date data and lacks the newest. However, as sharing information feature was presented, information spread quickly. When applying Greimas' Actantial Model into the 'CSR News' that conveys the news about corporate philanthropic activities, it turned out that the CSR strategies were authenticity, consistency and flexibility. When doing CSR storytelling, a corporate should not only use pre-existing executives and staff members but should use new icons including civic organizations and the youth if possible, and perform its role as a supporter. At the same time, a corporate must build strategical storytelling to the new values and engage in systematic corporate philanthropic activities that meets the need of the time period.
CSR;Storytelling;Story Strategy;Greimas Actantial Model;Authenticity
Supported by : 한세대학교
- Suzy Bashford, "The Art and Science of Storytelling", Marketing, pp.1-4, 2014,
- J. K. Kim, J. H. Kim, "A Study about the Cause Related Marketing", Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Special Vol. 45, pp.5-40, 2001.
- Shaw Gordon, Robert Brown, Philip Bromiley, "Strategic stories: How 3M is rewriting business planning.", Harvard business review, Vol 76, pp.41-42. 1998,
- Howard R.. Bowen, "Social responsibilities of the businessman." University of Iowa Press, 2013.
- Archie B. Caroll, "A three-dimensional conceptual model of corporate performance", Academy of management review, Vol. 4. No. 4, pp.497-505, 1979. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1979.4498296
- Archie B. Caroll, "The pyramid of corporate social responsibility: Toward the moral management of organizational stakeholders", Business horizons, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp.19-48. 1991, https://doi.org/10.1016/0007-6813(91)90003-E
- Mark S. Schwartz, Archie B. Caroll, "Corporate social responsibility: A three-domain approach", Business ethics quarterly, Vol. 13. No. 4, pp.503-530, 2003. https://doi.org/10.5840/beq200313435
- http://www.oecd.org/corporate/mne/corporaterespo nsibilityfrequentlyaskedquestions.htm (August 10, 2016)
- http://www.tuv.com/media/india/informationcenter_1/systems/Corporate_Social_Responsibility (August 10, 2016)
- Wayne Visser, Dirk Matten, Pohl Manfred, Nick Tolhurst, "The A to Z of Corporate Social Responsibility", Jaeseungbook, 2009.
- S. G. Kim, "The Study on the CSR -Focused on LG Electronics-", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp.69-83, 2016.
- S. H. Lee, J. H. Do, S. B. Han, J. M. Kang, "Effects of corporate social activities on purchase intention and corporate image-the mediating role of consumer's emotion", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp.89-100, 2011.
- D. W. Min, "The Influences of Charity and Negative Perception of Production on Purchase Intent toward Luxury brand: Focusing on the Mediating Effect of Guilt Reduction", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp.85-91, 2016.
- Kellie Mcelhaney,. "A strategic approach to corporate social responsibility", Leader to Leader Vol. 52. No. 1, pp.30-36. 2009.
- K. H. Yim, Y. J. John, "A study on influencing brand marketing of corporate image brand image and purchase intention", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 3, No. 7, pp.75-82, 2009.
- Y. H. Lee, I. H. Choi, J. Y. Yum, S. H. Jeong, "Effects of Narrative and Visual Persuasion Strategies in CSR Messages", Speech & Communication, Vol. 22, pp. 66-100. 2013.
- S. B. Ahn, "A Study on the Storytelling of Amore Pacific Brand Site -Through Applying "Minimum Narrative" Theory and Script Theory, Journal of Cross-Cultural Studies, Vol. 23, pp.191-214, 2011. https://doi.org/10.21049/ccs.2011.23..191
- C. H. Kim, "The effect of brand story type on consumer's attitude toward brand : Focused on the FCB Grid model", Korean journal of advertising, Vol 22. No 2, pp.153-176. 2011.
- J. E. Lee, "A Study on the Influence of Brand Story Types on Customer Relationships", Journal of CEO and Management Studies, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp.195-221. 2012.
- J. S. Lee, "Agriculture Product Brand Storytelling Marketing", Journal of Business and Economics, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp.25-51. 2012.
- S. Y. Hong, S. H. Cho, "The Structure and the Effect of Crisis Storytelling", Journal of the Korea contents association, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp.683-693. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.12.683
- David M. Boje, Farzad R Khan, "Story-branding by empire entrepreneurs: Nike, child labour, and Pakistan's soccer ball industry", Journal of Small Business & Entrepreneurship, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp.9-24. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/08276331.2009.10593439
- Michael Lounsbury, Mary Ann Glynn, "Cultural entrepreneurship : Stories, legitimacy, and the acquisition of re-sources", Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 22, pp.545-564. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.188
- S. K. Baik, J. H. Kwon, C. H. Han, "Semiotic Study on Culture Codes - Focusing on Storytelling in Video Content ", Humanities Contents, Vol. 24, pp.149-176. 2012.
- H. I. Joo, "Does Disney's Frozen offer a subversive feminine gender representation? : Discussion based on Greimas's semiotic analysis", Korean Journal of Communication & Information, Vol. 76, pp.7-30. 2016.
- Algirdas Julien Greimas, "Semantique structurale". Paris, PUF, 1986.
- S. D. Kim, "From struture to Emotions", Korea University, 2002.
- Eugenie Briot, Christel De Lassus, "La figure de l''entrepreneur fondateur dans le recit de marque et la construction de la personnalite de la marque de luxe", Management international, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp.49-64. 2013,
- C. S. Cho, "A Study on the Webpage Contents of Public Libraries in Seoul", Journal of the Korean Biblia Society For Library And Information Science, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp.105-124. 2001.
- K. H. Park, "A Study on the Factory of Design Influencing Purchase Decision-making Factors at Social Commerce Sites", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 10, No 9, pp.101-110, 2010.
- Roger Fowler, "Language in the News: Discourse and Ideology in the Press", Routledge, 2013.
- C. G. Kim, M. R. Kim, "Development directions of voluntarism in University students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.57-65, 2011.
- G. W. Seo, Y. J. Jin. "The Influence of the CSR Type on Corporate Reputation, Social Connectedness, and Purchase Intention: An Empirical Study of University Students", Korean journal of advertising. Vol. 19, No. 4, pp.149-163. 2008.
- Y. I. Kim, Y. C. Choe, Y. J. Choi, "A study on the Convergence Factors Which Influence on the Sustainability of Volunteer Activities-Focused on Ansan Volunteer Center-", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp.41-50, 2015.
- J. Y. Jo, "Power of SNS Authenticity on Company Reputation", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp.73-81, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.73
- Mark R. Kraner, "Creating shared value", Harvard Business Review, Vol. 89, No 1, pp.62-77, 2011.