- Volume 14 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Improvement of In-Home Care Service Quality through Evaluation of Services and Agency by Long-term Care Workers
요양보호사의 기관 및 서비스 평가를 통한 재가노인서비스 품질 향상 방안
- Received : 2016.09.02
- Accepted : 2016.10.20
- Published : 2016.10.28
The objective of this study is to suggest methods to improve in-home service quality through service evaluation by long-term care workers. To achieve this objective, general characteristics of 223 long-term care workers, evaluation of service and agency, and retraining needs have been surveyed. An assessment of the survey results have resulted in the following conclusions. Though long-term care workers are not uneducated, the majority face unstable employment. And the content of supervision hoped for in producing improved long-term care services has been found to be based on the service-user's relationships. Moreover, among topics needing to be addressed for retraining, much attention has been shown for understanding of the elderly and their families, health care knowledge about geriatric diseases, and counseling techniques directed towards the affected person and their family. Findings from the research are as follow: enhancing the quality of long-term care requires a structural reassessment; upgrading the quality of care agencies requires the improvement of methods used to raise awareness of users and their guardians and the expansion of opportunities for education programs for professionalism.
In-Home Care Service for elderly;Long-term Care Workers;Service Quality;Long-term Care Insurance;supervision
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- E. H. Shin, "The Effect of Role Conflict on Job Satisfaction of Care Helper", Korean Care Management Research, Vol. 9, pp.43-64. 2013.
- Yong-Jae Lee, Tae-Woo Gang, "Effect of Communication with a Guardian of a Recipient of a Long-term Care Program on Job Satisfaction of Care Helpers", Journal of the Korea Contents Society, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp.156-165, 2014.
- Soon-Lea Cho, Shin-Gon Kim, "A Research for the Relationship between Associated Activities of Home Care Workers and the Quality of the Service: Focusing on the Mediating Effect of Job Attitude", Public Society Research, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp.163-191, 2015.
- Gang-Sook Lim, Seong-Yong Kim, "A Study of factors that Influence Empowering of Home-based Caregivers", Critical Social Policy, Vol. 41. pp.151-188, 2013.
- Mee-Ryoung Kim, Jeong-Won Shim, "The Effect on Job Satisfaction of Home Health Care Workers' Stress and Care Receivers' Attributes", Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp.193-228. 2011. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2011.31.4.193
- National Health Insurance Service, Long Term Care, http://www.longtermcare.or.kr. 2016. 6. 20.
- S. H. Jung, J. K. Jung, "A Phenomenological Study of the Experience of User-Centered Services-Focusing on the Users of Comprehensive Care Service for the Aged", Korean Journal of social welfare, Vol. 65, No.1, pp. 325-346, 2013. https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2013.65.1.014
- Eun-Jeong Kim, So-Yon Jung, "The association between dimensions of social service quality and service user's satisfaction: Focused on domiciliary care services for the elderly", Journal of Social Welfare Policy, Vol. 36, No. 2. pp.191-217, 2009. https://doi.org/10.15855/swp.2009.36.2.191
- Eun-Suk Bae, Young-Ji Song, Byung-Hyun Park, "A Study on the Issues of Elderly Care Service Contents in the Service Providers' Point of Vie", Social Science Research, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp.101-125, 2012.
- Ki-Hyun Roh, "A study on the construction of a regional comprehensive care system in elderly welfare administration - Focusing on the contents of the revision of the Long-Term Care Insurance Act of Japan in June 2011", Journal of Korean Law, Vol. 54, No. 4, pp.229-259, 2013.
- Heami Park, "The Coordination and Mediation of Social, Health and Medical Services for In-home Elderly Persons: Focused on APA and CLIC in France". Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 35, No. 3. pp.569-588, 2015.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, http://www.mohw.go.kr
- Young-Suk kim, Case Management, p.232, Educational Studies Publisher, 2008.
- S. D. Jung, the Strengths Model: Long-term Care for Elderly and Case Management, Zipmundang, 2005.
- Eun-Hee Lee, Bo-Kyoung Jung, " A Study on Eco-systemic Factors that affect the job satisfaction of the care givers who involved in long- term care service center", Journal of Digital Conversance , Vol. 10, No 10. pp.383-388, 2012.
- Chul-Hee Kang, Yu-Ha KIm, "A Study of the Relationship between Emotional Labor and Emotional Exhaustion: the Moderating Effect of Emotional Display Rule and Supportive Organizational System", Journal of Korean Social Welfare Administration, Vol. 18, No.2, pp.235-266. 2016.
- National Health Insurance Service, Long Term Care Insurance Statistics, http://www.nhis.or.kr